Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Live Premier League Games 14:04 - Nov 17 with 2860 viewsVaughan8

I see the Premier League are going to have an extra 22 Live Games from 2019.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42022871

Is this a good thing? Games on Saturday evenings apparently. Surely this is going to compete with all those Saturday night programmes.

I realised the other month, I barely sit down and watch a whole game. There is so much football on TV. You could literally spend all day at the weekend watching match after match (I'm sure some do!).

I'm guessing this is just to get more money (as if they need more). Or is it to capture another audience somewhere else in the world (i.e. matches on at a reasonable hour in their time zone)? Why don't they just have every game live and be done with it! haha
More Live Premier League Games on 14:05 - Nov 17 with 2843 viewsIllinoisblue

the cow must be milked

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

They'll soon reach their objective..... on 14:13 - Nov 17 with 2826 viewsBloots

....of having nobody at Premier League matches other than tourists paying through the nose for individual matches and everyone else just paying to watch through subscription TV.

Football will eat itself.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

They'll soon reach their objective..... on 16:02 - Nov 17 with 2784 viewsTendring_Blue

They'll soon reach their objective..... on 14:13 - Nov 17 by Bloots

....of having nobody at Premier League matches other than tourists paying through the nose for individual matches and everyone else just paying to watch through subscription TV.

Hopefully football eats its self because there's a chance it might go back to something Us real fans would like.

People will lose interest eventually, I no longer give a flying fig about the Premiership. I know the PL has distorted our League but I still enjoy it. Still got that proper English football feel about it.

Everything goes in cycles. Been a few articles about falling ratings, I don't think people care about it as much. Standard of football is worse as well.
Whilst my opinion of Mr Evans is well known..... on 16:31 - Nov 17 with 2754 viewsBloots

They'll soon reach their objective..... on 16:02 - Nov 17 by Tendring_Blue

Hopefully football eats its self because there's a chance it might go back to something Us real fans would like.

People will lose interest eventually, I no longer give a flying fig about the Premiership. I know the PL has distorted our League but I still enjoy it. Still got that proper English football feel about it.

Everything goes in cycles. Been a few articles about falling ratings, I don't think people care about it as much. Standard of football is worse as well.

.....(ie he's a tight arse who knows sod all about running a football club and is turning our club into the dullest team in the history of dull things, the tossing tosspot)

I wonder if he is far more astute than any of us give him credit for and he is just playing the waiting game. Knowing that it will all to go wrong for the Prem Clubs, and potentially a good number in our league.

Then we'll rise to the top.

Actually, scrap that.

He's a knob.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

More Live Premier League Games on 16:38 - Nov 17 with 2734 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The later times would probably be more reasonable for US audiences I would guess..

It will also be interesting if there are any other broadcasters that come in for the rights.. I know they mention Amazon and Apple in the BBC article, but I remember Twitter and Youtube having rights to some sports matches (may have been NFL?).. Netflix have also apparently shown an interest in adding live Sport to their programming as well.

It could be end up being split a million ways in the future with 6 different match times on any given day across 6 different platforms.. (the next thing will be moving some to 5am just to get the Asian market)
More Live Premier League Games on 16:40 - Nov 17 with 2727 viewsblue_oyster

With any luck, every game will be televised in future, and you can sit at home and generate crowd noise through speakers in the stadium, via Twitter.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Whilst my opinion of Mr Evans is well known..... on 16:40 - Nov 17 with 2728 viewsTendring_Blue

Whilst my opinion of Mr Evans is well known..... on 16:31 - Nov 17 by Bloots

.....(ie he's a tight arse who knows sod all about running a football club and is turning our club into the dullest team in the history of dull things, the tossing tosspot)

I wonder if he is far more astute than any of us give him credit for and he is just playing the waiting game. Knowing that it will all to go wrong for the Prem Clubs, and potentially a good number in our league.

Then we'll rise to the top.

Actually, scrap that.

He's a knob.

That would be some twisted plan!

Wouldn't put it past him.
They'll soon reach their objective..... on 17:25 - Nov 17 with 2673 viewsRadlett_blue

They'll soon reach their objective..... on 14:13 - Nov 17 by Bloots

The greedy PL bosses are only interested in money. The explosion in TV income does mean that everyone involved in the game has become richer, but at what cost? More awkward kick off times for real fans. I'm surprised that the TV companies want to pay up for even more football as TV audiences in the UK are actually shrinking. Not surprising when the Monday night offering is Brighton v Stoke. The more games on TV, the more run of the mill games will be shown. Has worked well while BT have been competing with Sky, but Bt's customer figures have stopped growing & more average football games doesn't seem the answer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

More Live Premier League Games on 17:25 - Nov 17 with 2673 viewsgtsb1966

Strange though isn't it, we all hope for Ipswich Town to gain promotion yet despise everything the premier league stands for.
More Live Premier League Games on 18:02 - Nov 17 with 2641 viewspoppiesman

More run of the mill premier league games they may well be.
But the by far the two worst live games on TV the last two seasons have without doubt been the two Sky overhyped Liverpool vs Man Utd 0-0 draws at Anfield.
Give me Brighton vs Stoke anyday!
More Live Premier League Games on 18:06 - Nov 17 with 2633 viewsBackToRussia

Who even watches the fooking things? I'd rather rip my facial hair out than watch Stoke vs West Ham on a Saturday night.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024