Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice 14:14 - Nov 17 with 12708 viewsLord_Lucan

Normally I would go somewhere and get hammered but the future ex wife and I thought we would like to go somewhere where we can actually do or see something rather than just go from bar to bar.

Unfortunately this isn't my area of expertise and all suggestions are welcome.

Berlin would be the sort of place but I've been there a couple of times already.

Cheers chaps.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:43 - Nov 18 with 1181 viewsbluefunk

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:11 - Nov 17 by GlasgowBlue

My Mrs has booked a weekend away next month to a town in the south of France called Carcassonne. Don't know much about it other than it isn't far from Toulouse and the flights were £10 return through Ryanair.

Read up on the history of the Cathars before you go, Carcassone was their home
I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:01 - Nov 18 with 1170 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If you have not been to Bruges then that would be first pick for me. Especially this time of year. Budapest is also fantasic but i would go there in the summer definitely.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:06 - Nov 18 with 1162 viewsLord_Lucan

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 14:40 - Nov 18 by Pinewoodblue

Old Town is really interesting, new town built in the time of Napoleon not so much so. Went in restaurant you mention but had to leave early as wife was unwell.....something she ate.

Really?

I am no medic but I understood that illness down to food takes at least 12 hours to kick in.

Obviously I'll do some research but what's the best hotel?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 16:02 - Nov 18 with 1139 viewscatch74

Couple looking for a house in Carcassone now (Ch4) !

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 17:17 - Nov 18 with 1118 viewsEly_Blue

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:34 - Nov 17 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks to all.

I think this is the first year since the 1981 final that I haven't been to Amsterdam but there is absolutely no way I could go there and not get on it. It's a complete no no. I was toying with going to Harlem but I know I would stay on the train. I have tried to go to Harlem before.

Seville and Valencia - been to both and wasn't that impressed with Seville, I thought I was central but maybe I wasn't.

Try Munich.

friendly, nice beer, plenty to do and the Christmas market at this time of year is excellent

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 21:43 - Nov 19 with 1052 viewsIpswich1984

I seek 2 day shortish haul break advice on 15:38 - Nov 17 by JakeITFC

Absolutely incredible (apologies, I meant to message you when I got back).

Can't wait to go back tbh, feel like I left so much behind to do.

I know what you mean, been 3 times now for a total of 25 day’s and there’s still lots I haven’t done.

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024