Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More live games. 15:40 - Nov 17 with 2032 viewsMattinLondon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42022871

Once a new tv deal has been signed, how many minutes will it take agents to demand more money for their players?
More live games. on 15:45 - Nov 17 with 2008 viewsbluewein

"The new contracts will replace the record £5.136bn deal struck with Sky and BT Sport in 2015."

It's not even funny now, is it?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

More live games. on 15:54 - Nov 17 with 1982 viewsMattinLondon

More live games. on 15:45 - Nov 17 by bluewein

"The new contracts will replace the record £5.136bn deal struck with Sky and BT Sport in 2015."

It's all a bit silly now - just seen another thread was opened on this earlier. Sorry, didn't see it. My apologies.
More live games. on 16:23 - Nov 17 with 1946 viewsTendring_Blue

This cant and wont go on for ever.

It all relies on not particularly well off people stumping up cash to pay for TV subscriptions. I don't think I know anyone under the age of 40 with a sky subscription.

We all steal it online! I'm not a fan of this stealing culture but when it comes to football, they deserve nothing!

Sky and BT's profit margins will either suffer or they will bid less. A new entrant outbidding would be crazy, I don't see how you could make any money at the current price. Do the likes of Amazon and Netflix really want to dent their profit margins? They would do well to steer clear and get into cheaper sport.

Going to be a big Sh8t show when this one comes crashing down. It will.
More live games. on 00:03 - Nov 18 with 1843 viewsCurrie10

More live games. on 16:23 - Nov 17 by Tendring_Blue

This cant and wont go on for ever.

It all relies on not particularly well off people stumping up cash to pay for TV subscriptions. I don't think I know anyone under the age of 40 with a sky subscription.

We all steal it online! I'm not a fan of this stealing culture but when it comes to football, they deserve nothing!

Sky and BT's profit margins will either suffer or they will bid less. A new entrant outbidding would be crazy, I don't see how you could make any money at the current price. Do the likes of Amazon and Netflix really want to dent their profit margins? They would do well to steer clear and get into cheaper sport.

Going to be a big Sh8t show when this one comes crashing down. It will.

Amen, likewise I cannot wait to see it implode.

That said, the sooner we get there the better!
More live games. on 01:44 - Nov 18 with 1804 viewsSwansea_Blue

More live games. on 15:45 - Nov 17 by bluewein

"Premier League chairmen voted unanimously for the package".

How about asking the customer what they'd like instead? Novel idea I know.

Or just go full hog like they do in the states. Offer every match (all PL games have cameras), at normal ko time. And people choose what they want to watch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More live games. on 07:17 - Nov 18 with 1731 viewstextbackup

Now I love football, but who seriously has the time to watch all these games to make SKY worthwhile paying for? At home on weekends the kids will have films on, in evenings wife's watching bits, etc.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024