Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
08:11 - Nov 18 with 11922 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:12 - Nov 18 with 6866 viewsWD19

Yes, if your house hasn’t yet burnt down it is the battery.
on 08:16 - Nov 18 with 6850 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:12 - Nov 18 by WD19

Yes, if your house hasn’t yet burnt down it is the battery.

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:17 - Nov 18 with 6847 viewsgtsb1966

One of my dogs goes absolutely bonkers when the smoke alarm sounds. One day the battery low beep decided to sound whilst we were out. When we got home there wasn't a cushion left untouched. Feathers and ripped cloth everywhere. We change all four detectors batteries every year now even if its not needed.
on 08:21 - Nov 18 with 6833 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:17 - Nov 18 by gtsb1966

One of my dogs goes absolutely bonkers when the smoke alarm sounds. One day the battery low beep decided to sound whilst we were out. When we got home there wasn't a cushion left untouched. Feathers and ripped cloth everywhere. We change all four detectors batteries every year now even if its not needed.

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:25 - Nov 18 with 6815 viewsgtsb1966

on 08:21 - Nov 18 by _

I'm visiting my daughters. One is due to give birth to my first grandson next week and the other is Ill and has been diagnosed with whooping cough at the age of 27!!!!!! The poor girl is in agony as all the muscles around her ribs are inflamed. Can take three months before the cough goes!!
Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:29 - Nov 18 with 6800 viewsbluewein

on 08:16 - Nov 18 by _

Which no doubt came from your desire to make chips at 1 in the morning after those beers you were knocking back last night..

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:32 - Nov 18 with 6791 viewsbrogansnose

Yep, its the battery. I reckon to its designed to annoy the hell out of you so that you give in and change the damn thing.

Those little rectangular batteries are expensive too.
Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:33 - Nov 18 with 6789 viewsswede

One of my smoke detectors sounds just one little chirp randomly now and then but is wired into the mains rather than battery operated.
Login to get fewer ads

on 08:34 - Nov 18 with 6777 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:25 - Nov 18 by gtsb1966

I'm visiting my daughters. One is due to give birth to my first grandson next week and the other is Ill and has been diagnosed with whooping cough at the age of 27!!!!!! The poor girl is in agony as all the muscles around her ribs are inflamed. Can take three months before the cough goes!!

on 08:36 - Nov 18 with 6770 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:29 - Nov 18 by bluewein

Which no doubt came from your desire to make chips at 1 in the morning after those beers you were knocking back last night..

on 08:37 - Nov 18 with 6761 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:33 - Nov 18 by swede

One of my smoke detectors sounds just one little chirp randomly now and then but is wired into the mains rather than battery operated.

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:38 - Nov 18 with 6756 viewsWD19

Probably still has a backup battery in it!?
Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:42 - Nov 18 with 6748 viewsbrogansnose

All new installations have to have the dectector wired into the mains and to have a battery backup. I think that its a reqiurement to have them wired in to rental properties too.
Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:42 - Nov 18 with 6745 viewsbluewein

on 08:36 - Nov 18 by _

Hah fair play. I had an early night and expected to wake up to see Armageddon commencing on here this morning. Phil must have drawn the short straw for the night shift.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

on 08:43 - Nov 18 with 6742 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:42 - Nov 18 by brogansnose

All new installations have to have the dectector wired into the mains and to have a battery backup. I think that its a reqiurement to have them wired in to rental properties too.

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:46 - Nov 18 with 6736 viewsNewcyBlue

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:25 - Nov 18 by gtsb1966

All the best for your daughter and the baby GTSB, been meaning to message you asking how everything is.

Whooping cough isn’t much fun for anyone.

Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Good luck with the new addition to the family.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:48 - Nov 18 with 6729 viewsbrogansnose

on 08:43 - Nov 18 by _

The battery backup is in case there's an electrical fire and the electricity fuses cut out the supply. Don't hold me to the 'legal requirement' bit but i think it works in the same way as testing the boiler for C02 emissions and 'stuff'.

Either way, new battery.
on 08:50 - Nov 18 with 6732 views_

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:58 - Nov 18 with 6707 viewsNewcyBlue

on 08:50 - Nov 18 by _

I got home to a car that wouldn’t start and an induction Hob that wasn’t working. Call out fee for engineer from CDA to come look at the hob was £150, then it was labour and parts. So MrsNewcy bought a new one and I had a go at fitting it. How hard could t be? Just the wiring, which had no instructions....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 09:27 - Nov 18 with 6649 viewsgtsb1966

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:46 - Nov 18 by NewcyBlue

All the best for your daughter and the baby GTSB, been meaning to message you asking how everything is.

Whooping cough isn’t much fun for anyone.

Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Good luck with the new addition to the family.

Thank you my friend. The girl is doing brilliant and isn't at all interested in the old days. Thanks for asking. Much appreciated.
Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 09:38 - Nov 18 with 6623 viewsGunnsAirkick

Reminds me of this.

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 09:39 - Nov 18 with 6617 viewsJakeITFC

on 08:37 - Nov 18 by _

Or do what I did at uni and rip out the bloody beeper in every alarm in the house when I couldn’t work it out.

Student houses have a lot of smoke alarms I found that day.
Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 09:42 - Nov 18 with 6610 viewsGlasgowBlue

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:58 - Nov 18 by NewcyBlue

I got home to a car that wouldn’t start and an induction Hob that wasn’t working. Call out fee for engineer from CDA to come look at the hob was £150, then it was labour and parts. So MrsNewcy bought a new one and I had a go at fitting it. How hard could t be? Just the wiring, which had no instructions....

We have an insurance policy with Scottish Gas that covers call out and breakdown for all our kitchen stuff like cooker, dishwasher, washing machine etc. The Mrs deals with that stuff but I don’t think it’s expensive and has saved us a fortune in call out, repairs and replacements over the years. Think we’ve had two new dishwashers, a new tumble dryer and a new washing machine out of the deal.

Might be worth looking into mate if you are away a lot of the time.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 9:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 09:58 - Nov 18 with 6573 viewsBrixtonBlue

How have you survived this long without having changed a smoke alarm battery?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 10:07 - Nov 18 with 6556 viewsMedwayTractor

Intermittent chirping of smoke detector. on 08:58 - Nov 18 by NewcyBlue

You may find, as well, that if appliances are not fitted by a suitably qualified electrician, then guarantees are invalid. It pays to read the small print!

Luckily for us, here in Kent we have a good local bloke to do such things.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024