Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better 12:09 - Nov 18 with 5845 viewsfactual_blue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42036462

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 12:53 - Nov 18 with 5017 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This is a total stitch up for the self employed......
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/before-you-apply/sel

"Example

Sam is 22, single and works as a self employed painter, so he’d be expected to work 35 hours a week. This is used to calculate Sam’s expected monthly income, using the minimum wage for his age group of £7.05:

35 hours x £7.05 = £246.75 per week
£246.75 x 52 weeks = £12,831 per year
£12,831 ÷ 12 months = £1,069.25 per month

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will deduct a notional amount from Sam's expected monthly income for tax and national insurance. In this case, the amount is £70.

This would make Sam's expected monthly income, after deductions, £999.25 per month. This amount is Sam’s ‘minimum income floor’ - every Universal Credit payment is based on the assumption that Sam makes £999.25 per month, even if Sam has a slow month and only makes £200.

If Sam has a good month and earns £1,300, his Universal Credit will be based on his actual income rather than the minimum income floor."

.....coming this summer to Suffolk coastal.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

on 13:18 - Nov 18 with 4996 views_

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 13:21 - Nov 18 with 4990 viewsBackToRussia

on 13:18 - Nov 18 by _

Was it discussed how the government is £500m in debt to said benefit claimants.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

on 13:25 - Nov 18 with 4982 views_

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 13:21 - Nov 18 by BackToRussia

Was it discussed how the government is £500m in debt to said benefit claimants.

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 13:44 - Nov 18 with 4961 viewslloydy84

How much of this is down to IDS though?

The welfare budget had to be reduced, no option about that, and Universal credit was part of that.

But IDS constantly had his own ideas interfered with, all the flexibility taken away from him as the Tories raided the pot further and further.

It his claimed that Universal credit was changed so much from what IDS envisaged initially, it became something else entirely and he walked away.
IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 14:07 - Nov 18 with 4932 viewsBlueBadger

on 13:25 - Nov 18 by _

As I understand it, the correct reply to this is 'balls'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 14:15 - Nov 18 with 4913 viewsBent_double

I have someone staying with me who put his application in for housing benefit on 1st June, GY of course being one of the first areas to roll-out UC.

Almost 6 months later, he is still waiting for the first payment, having been told he does qualify and been given payment amounts and dates which have come and gone with nothing happening.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 14:41 - Nov 18 with 4901 viewsEastTownBlue

Very respectful of you to give IDS capital letters.
Login to get fewer ads

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 14:51 - Nov 18 with 4893 viewsblue_oyster

I wonder if anyone is asking the question why people who are working still need to claim benefits?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 15:08 - Nov 18 with 4875 viewsconnorscontract

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 14:51 - Nov 18 by blue_oyster

I wonder if anyone is asking the question why people who are working still need to claim benefits?

Have you heard of Zero Hour Contracts?

883,000 people on them in September. Employed, but no guarantee of work or pay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-41317822
on 15:11 - Nov 18 with 4870 views_

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 15:08 - Nov 18 by connorscontract

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 08:48 - Nov 19 with 4786 viewsblue_oyster

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 15:08 - Nov 18 by connorscontract

Of course. What of it?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 09:27 - Nov 19 with 4753 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 14:51 - Nov 18 by blue_oyster

Once upon a time one person could earn enough to look after a family. After the 'feminist revolution' (?) two wages were required. After further years of 'progress' nurses and many others require two jobs to make ends meet.......Globalised free market capitalism, don't you just love it ?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 23:42 - Nov 19 with 4672 viewsblue_oyster

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 09:27 - Nov 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Once upon a time one person could earn enough to look after a family. After the 'feminist revolution' (?) two wages were required. After further years of 'progress' nurses and many others require two jobs to make ends meet.......Globalised free market capitalism, don't you just love it ?

Britain used to run the 'global economy' and we did very well thank you. Not the issue.

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:09 - Nov 20 with 4666 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 23:42 - Nov 19 by blue_oyster

Britain used to run the 'global economy' and we did very well thank you. Not the issue.

If you say so !

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:18 - Nov 20 with 4656 viewssparks

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 09:27 - Nov 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Are you of the view that women approaching work on the same basis as men is a bad thing?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:21 - Nov 20 with 4653 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:18 - Nov 20 by sparks

Are you of the view that women approaching work on the same basis as men is a bad thing?

The more money you pay people the more things cost
IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:32 - Nov 20 with 4646 viewsjeera

Are you, and if so, what do you make of it?

Or are you going to default to "Riddle me this" and attempt to tease the desired answer from everyone else?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:35 - Nov 20 with 4641 viewsWeWereZombies

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:21 - Nov 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

The more money you pay people the more things cost

Unless you are paying them more because they are working more productively...are we talking about cost adjusted for inflation by the way?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:38 - Nov 20 with 4639 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:35 - Nov 20 by WeWereZombies

Unless you are paying them more because they are working more productively...are we talking about cost adjusted for inflation by the way?

I’m talking about spiralling housing costs
IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:42 - Nov 20 with 4636 viewsjeera

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:38 - Nov 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

True enough.

Supply and demand though huh?

If only the country's population could elect and pay well an entrusted bunch of smart people to manage on our behalf and ensure we could all afford to eat and keep a roof over our heads.

Idealistic I know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:56 - Nov 20 with 4626 viewsWeWereZombies

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:38 - Nov 20 by FrowsyArmLarry

Well why didn't you say that in the first place?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 07:02 - Nov 20 with 4576 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:18 - Nov 20 by sparks

Was waiting for that, of course not ! I am saying that the market doesn't serve the interests of ordinary people though if (approximately) doubling the workforce leads to a halving of wages.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 7:08]

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 07:23 - Nov 20 with 4561 viewsblue_oyster

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 00:32 - Nov 20 by jeera

Are you, and if so, what do you make of it?

Or are you going to default to "Riddle me this" and attempt to tease the desired answer from everyone else?

Er yes, I raised the subject. Amazing that everyone seems to accepts that the state pays people to survive even if they have non-public sector jobs. Haven't seen it mentioned as a problem in many news stories.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 7:24]

IDS's penny-pinching Universal Credit just got better on 07:32 - Nov 20 with 4543 viewsimsureazzure

Is it because mass immigration has had the effect of driving wages down below what is required to live?

The same mass immigration fully endorsed by the trades unions.

Also endorsed fully by the three main parties, but especially labour.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024