Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC 13:44 - Nov 18 with 6921 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

has sadly passed away. thanks for some incredible music.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 13:56 - Nov 18 with 6886 viewsBenters

God bless him x

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:13 - Nov 18 with 6839 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Very saddened by this news. Been a massive fan of AC/DC for the best part of 40 years.
Thankyou for some amazing music & gigs.
RIP Malcolm.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:31 - Nov 18 with 6821 viewsLord_Lucan

Love AC/DC.

Saw them last year with Axl Rose doing vocals.

This is my favourite, I completely lost my nut when this came on.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:34 - Nov 18 with 6803 viewsBenters

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:13 - Nov 18 by StochesStotasBlewe

Very saddened by this news. Been a massive fan of AC/DC for the best part of 40 years.
Thankyou for some amazing music & gigs.
RIP Malcolm.

Yep same as dude ;) where have those years gone!?

Gentlybentley

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:37 - Nov 18 with 6796 viewsBenters

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:31 - Nov 18 by Lord_Lucan

Love AC/DC.

Let there be rock is my all time fav.

Played live at this concert or the Essex Uni.

They even played live at the Old Playhouse in Colchester,its now a spoons,smashing.

Gentlybentley

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:40 - Nov 18 with 6793 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:34 - Nov 18 by Benters

Yep same as dude ;) where have those years gone!?

God only knows mate. Just blasting out For Those About To Rock, We Salute You in memory of the great man. As superb to listen to now as it was all those years ago.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:42 - Nov 18 with 6787 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:31 - Nov 18 by Lord_Lucan

Love AC/DC.

I saw them blast that out when Bon Scott was on vocals. Amazing.

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:44 - Nov 18 with 6784 viewsBenters

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:40 - Nov 18 by StochesStotasBlewe

God only knows mate. Just blasting out For Those About To Rock, We Salute You in memory of the great man. As superb to listen to now as it was all those years ago.

Great stuff.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 15:56 - Nov 18 with 6725 viewsDeano69

Devastating news. Rock on Malc.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 16:02 - Nov 18 with 6712 viewsbluejake78

Whole lotta of Rosie.....FFS.
RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 16:36 - Nov 18 with 6673 viewsimsureazzure

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 14:37 - Nov 18 by Benters

They even played live at the Old Playhouse in Colchester,its now a spoons,smashing.

This one?
RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 17:51 - Nov 18 with 6598 viewsbritbiker

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 16:36 - Nov 18 by imsureazzure

This one?

Seen AC/DC many many times. Must be a hard time for Angus
RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 18:11 - Nov 18 with 6585 viewsMelford

Brilliant Rhythm guitarist, one of the very best. One of my guitar heroes, made the rhythm part more than chugging the chords stood at the back and you can be a sh!t-hot guitarist not twiddling around at the top of the fretboard.
I know it's an obvious one but listen to the intro on this...

Just 3 chords, simple, effective, powerful. Pretty easy to play. It's all in the feel rather than technical showing off.

ANGUS YOUNG: Malcolm's really underrated. He makes the band sound so full, and I couldn't ask for a better rhythm player. Sometimes I look at Malcolm while he's playing, and I'm completely awestruck by the sheer power of it. He's doing something much more unique than what I do–with that raw, natural sound of his.

People like Malcolm, Steve Cropper, Chuck Berry and Keith Richards–they're all doing something better than the rest of us. I can't deny that Eric Clapton's and Eddie Van Halen's lead stuff has influenced a stack of people, but for me it's the rhythm thing that's way more impressive and important to a band. Malcolm is a big inspiration to me; he keeps me on my feet.

Even when I'm tired from running around the stage for two hours, I'll look back at what he's doing and it gives me that boot up the backside I sometimes need. [laughs] Also, he can always tell me if I'm playing well or if I'm not. Mal's a very tough critic, and I know that if I can please him, I can please the world.

A lot of people say, "AC/DC–that's the band with the little guy who runs around in school shorts!" But I wouldn't be able to do what I do without Malcolm and the other guys pumping out the rhythm. They make me look good. Mal is really a great all-around guitarist. I know it says "rhythm guitar" on the album jacket, but if he sits down to play a solo, he can do it better than me. Not a lot of people have picked up on this, but in the early days he used to play lead. But then he said to me, "No, you take the solos. I'll just bang away back here." And what's more, he actually plays rhythms. He just doesn't make a noise; he works them out, and he knows when not to play.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 18:21 - Nov 18 with 6576 viewsMelford

Blimey, that's a blast from the past. I lived in Colchester for a couple of years about 15 years ago, last time I was in the Playhouse there was a massive kick-off between the pikeys vs the squaddies and locals, I got hit in the head with a bottle and a few got stabbed. It was exactly like one of those fights in those Western films.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 22:44 - Nov 18 with 6504 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 18:21 - Nov 18 by Melford

Blimey, that's a blast from the past. I lived in Colchester for a couple of years about 15 years ago, last time I was in the Playhouse there was a massive kick-off between the pikeys vs the squaddies and locals, I got hit in the head with a bottle and a few got stabbed. It was exactly like one of those fights in those Western films.

love this one, really showcases the Young brothers great interplay.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 23:33 - Nov 18 with 6472 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 22:44 - Nov 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

love this one, really showcases the Young brothers great interplay.

Absolutely feckin awesome.

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 23:38 - Nov 18 with 6467 viewsgtsb1966

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 23:33 - Nov 18 by StochesStotasBlewe

Absolutely feckin awesome.

I've seen AC/DC a few times and the last time was when Axl Rose deputised. Have a listen to his version of High Voltage on YouTube. I was pleasantly surprised.
RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 00:12 - Nov 19 with 6445 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 23:38 - Nov 18 by gtsb1966

I've seen AC/DC a few times and the last time was when Axl Rose deputised. Have a listen to his version of High Voltage on YouTube. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was never too keen on Brian Johnson and I had never seen Axl so when he deputised it was perfect for me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 01:21 - Nov 19 with 6420 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 23:38 - Nov 18 by gtsb1966

Pretty good to be fair. However, Donnington 2010, everything came together for me, a perfect performance, the absolute best live gig i have ever seen, i,m not ashamed to admit that tears of utter joy rolled down my cheeks that night. That is how i will always remember them.

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 04:07 - Nov 19 with 6399 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 00:12 - Nov 19 by Lord_Lucan

I was never too keen on Brian Johnson and I had never seen Axl so when he deputised it was perfect for me.

Although Malcolm would have retired by then of course.
I liked Brian. Different to Bon Scott of course, but the ideal fit for me. I always found it unfair that he was always measured against Bon.

Horrible disease. RIP Malcolm and thanks for playing my life's soundtrack.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 04:24 - Nov 19 with 6395 viewsSwansea_Blue

Same here.

The live album that came from this performance and other shows in 91 is an absolute cracker. Why don't bands make good live albums anymore - used to be all the thing in the 80s through to mid-90s?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 05:33 - Nov 19 with 6383 viewsBenters

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 16:36 - Nov 18 by imsureazzure

This one?

That's the one !

Gentlybentley

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 05:35 - Nov 19 with 6380 viewsBenters

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 04:24 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

Same here.

The live album that came from this performance and other shows in 91 is an absolute cracker. Why don't bands make good live albums anymore - used to be all the thing in the 80s through to mid-90s?

It has to be Bon Scott on vocals for me !

Gentlybentley

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 06:05 - Nov 19 with 6366 viewsBenters

RIP Malcolm Young of AC/DC on 18:21 - Nov 18 by Melford

It was a bit like that.but learning my trade around the Colchester area,the pubs were always the same,and usually the soldiers had their pubs and kept to them.

I now am a lunch time merchant,and try not to venture into town if i can help it in the evening.

I went on a Christmas bash once not so long back,and a group of yoof thought it would be a good idea to dress up as Santa,anyway something happened and around 10 of them had a launch up outside a pub! All 10 of them dressed the same kicking the crap out of each other.

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024