Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another 'soft goal' 16:15 - Nov 18 with 5488 viewsScuzzer

Chambers mucking up again.

Established 1968

Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:27 - Nov 18 with 5433 viewsNSL

Chambers only attribute is heading And hoofing the ball away to no where in particular so if he can't do that anymore he just has to go.

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:35 - Nov 18 with 5362 viewsbackwaywhen

Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:27 - Nov 18 by NSL

Chambers only attribute is heading And hoofing the ball away to no where in particular so if he can't do that anymore he just has to go.

And a fist pump !
Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:38 - Nov 18 with 5337 viewsGarv

Little harsh. Apart from when being played in the wrong position for three years he hasn't done a lot individually wrong has he? I don't remember many other clear errors do you?

Not the best defender, granted. Smith and Webster have more errors in them I would say.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Yet another 'soft goal' on 20:48 - Nov 18 with 5188 viewsBriggEnd

Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:38 - Nov 18 by Garv

Little harsh. Apart from when being played in the wrong position for three years he hasn't done a lot individually wrong has he? I don't remember many other clear errors do you?

Not the best defender, granted. Smith and Webster have more errors in them I would say.

Both goals were school boy defending again today our defence is our weak link. Chambers and webster is a terrible pairing both were awful today.
What the hell chambers was trying to do for Hulls second goal is beyond me.
Hull were there for the taking today big style we just lacked that bit of midfield quality to break them down.
My last rant is i thought Waghorns corners and freekick deliveries were very good today for this reason he was the man to take the penalty !!!!!!
Yet another 'soft goal' on 21:35 - Nov 18 with 5120 viewssyntaxerror

I see who todays scapegoat is...
Yet another 'soft goal' on 21:39 - Nov 18 with 5115 viewspatrickswell

Yet another 'soft goal' on 20:48 - Nov 18 by BriggEnd

Both goals were school boy defending again today our defence is our weak link. Chambers and webster is a terrible pairing both were awful today.
Hull were there for the taking today big style we just lacked that bit of midfield quality to break them down.
My last rant is i thought Waghorns corners and freekick deliveries were very good today for this reason he was the man to take the penalty !!!!!!

I didn’t see the game so can’t comment on the defending, but you have to smile when considering that Spence’s goal was the result of a Chambers cross being headed on by Webster.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 11:29 - Nov 19 with 4993 viewsBrixtonBlue

What on earth has a corner or free kick got to do with a penalty? Totally different disciplines.

There was nothing wrong with McGoldrick taking the pen. People saying otherwise are being wise after the event.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Yet another 'soft goal' on 13:20 - Nov 19 with 4944 viewsNo9

2 nd goal? Chambers - with two opponents all over him to blame?
Where was the assistance from others?
Shows poor team management, these situations should be worked on the training pitch
Login to get fewer ads

Yet another 'soft goal' on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 4936 viewsNo9

The first goal Town conceded was more than choolboy defending.
Why Towns No. 8 decided to be a spectator when others are commiting to defend should be something team management have at the top of their list of things to deal with.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 13:26 - Nov 19 with 4933 viewspatrickswell

Yet another 'soft goal' on 13:20 - Nov 19 by No9

Shows poor team management, these situations should be worked on the training pitch

I thought he was a little unlucky not to get a free kick after being impeded when trying to get the ball after it goes into the air.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 14:50 - Nov 19 with 4898 viewsblaggers

To be fair to Chambers, Webster had a couple of howlers yesterday, both of which involved the age -old adage of not letting the ball bounce in front of you.

Poll: What happens next?

Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:04 - Nov 19 with 4888 viewsNo9

Yet another 'soft goal' on 13:26 - Nov 19 by patrickswell

I thought he was a little unlucky not to get a free kick after being impeded when trying to get the ball after it goes into the air.

Another Ref would have awarded town a free kicj but the basics are why was he hung out to dry out there?
Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:17 - Nov 19 with 4878 viewsPJH

Yet another 'soft goal' on 13:20 - Nov 19 by No9

Chambers did not have two opponents all over him until he had made a mess of his first header.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:18 - Nov 19 with 4876 viewsMattinLondon

He's a great captain and if he was playing alongside three much better defenders he would be able to organise that defence superbly.

He's certainly limited and Mick hasn't helped. The defence is very fragile and apart from Webster all of the first team central defenders and full-backs are carthourses.

Kenlock and Emmanuel are better footballers but don't think Mick really trusts them.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:22 - Nov 19 with 4866 viewsNo9

Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:17 - Nov 19 by PJH

Chambers did not have two opponents all over him until he had made a mess of his first header.

He didn't trap the dropping ball but that does not excuse any oof the other players for failing to cover.

MM's 'thin blue line' tactics failed twice in one match.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:28 - Nov 19 with 4860 viewsPJH

Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:22 - Nov 19 by No9

He didn't trap the dropping ball but that does not excuse any oof the other players for failing to cover.

MM's 'thin blue line' tactics failed twice in one match.

If he had got his first header right he would have headed it back to Bart, which presumably is what he was trying to do.If he had done that where everyone else was on the pitch would be irrelevant.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:09 - Nov 19 with 4823 viewsNo9

Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:28 - Nov 19 by PJH

If he had got his first header right he would have headed it back to Bart, which presumably is what he was trying to do.If he had done that where everyone else was on the pitch would be irrelevant.

Take a refresher with the replay, if he'd tried to head back from middle of the Town half it would have been intercepted by a Hull player.
That far out he is entitled to expect some support.
The scorer was outside the box when he got the ball.

But this thin blue line of MM's will always be susceptible when the game is played so deep into Towns half
Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:15 - Nov 19 with 4818 viewslongtimefan

Yet another 'soft goal' on 15:28 - Nov 19 by PJH

If you look again you’ll see the Hull forward closest to Chambers misjudged the initial high ball even more than Chambers. Whether it got caught on the wind I don’t know, but I suspect had Chambers not recovered sufficient to make contact and the ball bounced instead, then it might have actually ended better for us.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:23 - Nov 19 with 4809 viewsPJH

Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:09 - Nov 19 by No9

Take a refresher with the replay, if he'd tried to head back from middle of the Town half it would have been intercepted by a Hull player.
That far out he is entitled to expect some support.
The scorer was outside the box when he got the ball.

But this thin blue line of MM's will always be susceptible when the game is played so deep into Towns half

Don't really need to thanks but I did anyway.
I saw it live yesterday and have looked at it a few more times since
If he had made a decent contact with his first header it would have gone back to Bart who would have been advancing to collect it.
As he headed it more or less straight up in the air he then had a huge problem under pressure.

As the ball was played forward by their keeper it was not unreasonable for Chambers to be the deepest of our defenders although Spence and Webster were in the vicinity.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:48 - Nov 19 with 4789 viewsNo9

Yet another 'soft goal' on 16:23 - Nov 19 by PJH

Don't really need to thanks but I did anyway.
I saw it live yesterday and have looked at it a few more times since
If he had made a decent contact with his first header it would have gone back to Bart who would have been advancing to collect it.
As he headed it more or less straight up in the air he then had a huge problem under pressure.

As the ball was played forward by their keeper it was not unreasonable for Chambers to be the deepest of our defenders although Spence and Webster were in the vicinity.

With Luke C being approx 1/2 wat between Towns part of the centre circle and Towns 18 yard box it is very doubtful a 'header' , from a dropping ball at that distance would have got anywhere near Bart.
I guess it depends on how far you would expect a ball to be headed when it arrives on the players head with little of no directional energy.
As it was the attacker got the ball outside the 18 yard box where even at that distance a backward header would have put Bart under pressure.

The real problem Town face in defence is MM's failure to move away from his thin blue line defence tactics.

Anyway a point away is a point gained.
Yet another 'soft goal' on 22:02 - Nov 22 with 4588 viewsBriggEnd

Yet another 'soft goal' on 21:35 - Nov 18 by syntaxerror

I see who todays scapegoat is...

another game thrown away and yet again soft goals conceded
Yet another 'soft goal' on 22:13 - Nov 22 with 4558 viewschristiand

Have a look at that second goal again and Bart’s positioning. Personally, I think that’s down to him rather than Chambers or Webster IMO.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024