Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? 16:43 - Nov 18 with 8134 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Took them for rangers last season and his penalty record is very good.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 16:44 - Nov 18 with 8125 viewsWickets

Think he will be now.
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 16:46 - Nov 18 with 8088 viewsGarv

I think he has only missed one maybe two before but they're never great penalties.

McGoldrick is one of the worst strikers of the ball for someone who is primarily a 'striker'.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 16:48 - Nov 18 with 8042 viewsSuperfrans

To be fair, McGoldrick’s record is good too, isn’t it?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 17:03 - Nov 18 with 7894 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 16:48 - Nov 18 by Superfrans

Yer true. Yet I never feel confident when he takes them

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 17:14 - Nov 18 with 7838 viewsRadlett_blue

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 16:48 - Nov 18 by Superfrans

In his pro career, McGoldrick has scored 10 out of 15 penalties. Waghorn has scored 17 out of 20, so you would say that statistically, he is a better bet.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 17:33 - Nov 18 with 7770 viewsbadadski

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 17:14 - Nov 18 by Radlett_blue

In his pro career, McGoldrick has scored 10 out of 15 penalties. Waghorn has scored 17 out of 20, so you would say that statistically, he is a better bet.

That's a shocking penalty record 10 in 15. Get Tommy miller down for some coaching
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 17:38 - Nov 18 with 7744 viewsRadlett_blue

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 17:33 - Nov 18 by badadski

That's a shocking penalty record 10 in 15. Get Tommy miller down for some coaching

Around 75% is average so yes, McGoldrick is a little worse than average.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 17:40 - Nov 18 with 7737 viewsgetawig

A proper run up would help
Login to get fewer ads

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 18:04 - Nov 18 with 7695 viewssolemio

Warkie is nearer at hand. I reckon he'll do.
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 19:02 - Nov 18 with 7601 viewsPilgrimblue

He's a better ball striker than McG. I've never liked McG taking them as he hits it too softly so unless keeper goes wrong way it'll be saved every day. Never understand why penalty takers don't smash it down the middle but agree that Wiggy would be best option.
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 19:55 - Nov 18 with 7518 viewsColin_Viljoen

Must be the day for Ipswich missed penalties, as Keiffer Moore also missed one today!!
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 20:44 - Nov 18 with 7461 viewsITFCson

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 19:02 - Nov 18 by Pilgrimblue

He's a better ball striker than McG. I've never liked McG taking them as he hits it too softly so unless keeper goes wrong way it'll be saved every day. Never understand why penalty takers don't smash it down the middle but agree that Wiggy would be best option.

It is strange as to why so few are struck powerfully down the middle. How often does a keeper saves those down the middle...they don't.
The hull keeper would of done his homework on DM pens and known he will go either side, DM, or town coaching staff should then surely work this out and realise sending it down the middle will result in a goal. Left backs bizarrely often make best peno takers
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 02:03 - Nov 19 with 7321 viewsBinner

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 20:44 - Nov 18 by ITFCson

It is strange as to why so few are struck powerfully down the middle. How often does a keeper saves those down the middle...they don't.
The hull keeper would of done his homework on DM pens and known he will go either side, DM, or town coaching staff should then surely work this out and realise sending it down the middle will result in a goal. Left backs bizarrely often make best peno takers

Arf...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 09:13 - Nov 19 with 7218 viewsBluebell

Having seen the penalty a few times (I wasn't at the game) my comment would be why don't the other Town players try to get the ball when the keeper palms it out?

They just stand there watching whereas the Hull players react immediately and kick it away. Surely a great opportunity to amend the mistake and try to whack it in the goal while the keeper is out of position!
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 11:38 - Nov 19 with 7146 viewshowdonblue

Agree if that’s the standard of penalty mcgoldrick is taking !

Very poor penalty!

Mick out
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 11:45 - Nov 19 with 7137 viewstextbackup

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 20:44 - Nov 18 by ITFCson

"The hull keeper would of done his homework on DM pens and known he will go either side, DM, or town coaching staff should then surely work this out and realise sending it down the middle will result in a goal"

LOL - imagine that sort of attention to detail from a MM coaching team

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 11:55 - Nov 19 with 7125 viewsArcher4721

Because McGoldrick won't give up the chance to improve his match goals bonus in games.
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 12:21 - Nov 19 with 7100 viewsLeoMuff

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 11:55 - Nov 19 by Archer4721

Because McGoldrick won't give up the chance to improve his match goals bonus in games.

When was his last miss ? Hardly fair Waghorn arrives and is given pen duties straight away, not how Mick works.

Now Mcg missed one I would expect a swap.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 23:53 - Nov 19 with 6945 viewscoolcat

Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 09:13 - Nov 19 by Bluebell

Having seen the penalty a few times (I wasn't at the game) my comment would be why don't the other Town players try to get the ball when the keeper palms it out?

They just stand there watching whereas the Hull players react immediately and kick it away. Surely a great opportunity to amend the mistake and try to whack it in the goal while the keeper is out of position!

I was there and was thinking that myself.
Why is Waghorn not on penalties ???? on 00:01 - Nov 20 with 6935 viewsamy73

Surely the coaching staff must make them practice penalties. They must see that his penalties are poor. A good taker should score virtually every time.

The correct way to take a penalty is to watch the keeper and put it where he isn’t.

The poor takers decide where to place it and just hit it. You get a poor return on that method because it’s a game of chance and the keeper just has to guess right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024