Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor game that 18:18 - Nov 18 with 12283 viewsBrixtonBlue

As happy as I am with a point, that was like two mid table teams with nothing to play for. We're not making the play offs on that evidence. Just too many bog standard Championship players. Anyone with a bit of quality would've put hull to the sword today.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Poor game that on 18:23 - Nov 18 with 7134 viewshadleighboyblue

It sounded very poor on the radio , a game we really should have won , but in the end lucky to get a point .

To hear MM's comments , he seemed happy with the performance , according to him , Hull are a very good team - but the league table tells a different story .

Sorry but he is not getting the best out of what we have got ................we need someone with fresh ideas
Poor game that on 18:25 - Nov 18 with 7111 viewsBenters

Poor game that on 18:23 - Nov 18 by hadleighboyblue

It sounded very poor on the radio , a game we really should have won , but in the end lucky to get a point .

To hear MM's comments , he seemed happy with the performance , according to him , Hull are a very good team - but the league table tells a different story .

Sorry but he is not getting the best out of what we have got ................we need someone with fresh ideas

'He'should have gone after the Lincoln game.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Poor game that on 18:28 - Nov 18 with 7090 viewsStokieBlue

No idea why anyone would downvote for that fair assessment.

Some weirdos on here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Poor game that on 19:07 - Nov 18 with 7001 viewsmarchy

This is what's so weird though...what is the "bog standard" contingent of that XI? By my reckoning Bart, Webster, Celina and McG are very high Championship standard, Knudsen, Waghorn, Connolly, Garner and Skuse good Championship standard - to my mind it's only Chambers and Spence who are of a lower standard, and even they have good and bad days.

Yet all it took against Preston was the introduction of Bru, surely the very definition of a bog-standard forward-thinking Championship midfielder, in the middle and suddenly we were playing creative expansive football as a team, with pressure off the defence and with Connolly holding the fort, after a completely ineffective first half hour of he and Skuse providing no link whatsoever to the front line. I'm not amongst Skuse's critics nor Bru's fans, but I can't understand why we haven't tried that same setup again, or at least not made similar changes at an early enough stage to take control.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 19:15]
Poor game that on 19:23 - Nov 18 with 6940 viewsFtnfwest

Playoffs? Be fair, the objective has to be to get enough points to survive which I think we’ll do
Poor game that on 19:29 - Nov 18 with 6931 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 19:07 - Nov 18 by marchy

This is what's so weird though...what is the "bog standard" contingent of that XI? By my reckoning Bart, Webster, Celina and McG are very high Championship standard, Knudsen, Waghorn, Connolly, Garner and Skuse good Championship standard - to my mind it's only Chambers and Spence who are of a lower standard, and even they have good and bad days.

Yet all it took against Preston was the introduction of Bru, surely the very definition of a bog-standard forward-thinking Championship midfielder, in the middle and suddenly we were playing creative expansive football as a team, with pressure off the defence and with Connolly holding the fort, after a completely ineffective first half hour of he and Skuse providing no link whatsoever to the front line. I'm not amongst Skuse's critics nor Bru's fans, but I can't understand why we haven't tried that same setup again, or at least not made similar changes at an early enough stage to take control.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 19:15]

McGoldrick and Bart are class. Celina's not ours. The rest are bog standard (note: I did say on that performance - but I generally think that's the case).

There was a distinct lack of quality from both teams today.

We have an average team who sometimes up their game IMO.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Poor game that on 19:39 - Nov 18 with 6915 viewsMelford

If you watched any other Championship game today it would have looked the same, most teams are made up of bog standard Championship players. Most Championship games look like that. We don't have the monopoly on playing attritional football trying to grind a result.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Poor game that on 19:58 - Nov 18 with 6850 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 19:39 - Nov 18 by Melford

If you watched any other Championship game today it would have looked the same, most teams are made up of bog standard Championship players. Most Championship games look like that. We don't have the monopoly on playing attritional football trying to grind a result.

I never said we did.

Login to get fewer ads

Poor game that on 20:00 - Nov 18 with 6845 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 19:23 - Nov 18 by Ftnfwest

Playoffs? Be fair, the objective has to be to get enough points to survive which I think we’ll do

No. Our objective is to make the play offs. Every season.

We are not relegation candidates (yet).

Poor game that on 20:31 - Nov 18 with 6787 viewsbluewein

Yep, I agree there Dollers. We were pretty bad, that said hull were worse and they made us look average. I expected better from a team relegated from the prem. Only positives for me was Connelly in midfield and Knudsen again. He just gets better and better for me.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Poor game that on 20:37 - Nov 18 with 6764 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 20:31 - Nov 18 by bluewein

Yep, I agree there Dollers. We were pretty bad, that said hull were worse and they made us look average. I expected better from a team relegated from the prem. Only positives for me was Connelly in midfield and Knudsen again. He just gets better and better for me.

I agree apart from Connelly, who I barely noticed if I'm honest.

Poor game that on 20:39 - Nov 18 with 6774 viewsGuthrum

We keep saying things like that. Yet here we are, over a third of the season gone, still in 8th and just one point (plus a bit of goal difference) from a play-off place. Still with important creative players out injured (Huws, Adeyemi), despite our defence not working particularly well and with a game in hand as a 6-pointer with the team (currently) directly above us.

Shows the advantage of a brilliant start to the season, I suppose.

Edit: Not a criticism aimed at your comment specifically. I didn't see the game, but I did watch Cardiff, where we were abominable, and Burton, where were were abominable, but won. More a statement of surprise that we're still up there or thereabouts.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 20:43]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Poor game that on 20:46 - Nov 18 with 6732 viewsbluewein

Poor game that on 20:37 - Nov 18 by BrixtonBlue

I agree apart from Connelly, who I barely noticed if I'm honest.

Thought in the first half he was decent. Didn’t see him in the second half but a decent back up until Huwes and Adeyemi come back.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Poor game that on 08:54 - Nov 19 with 6519 viewsJohnny_Boy

Poor game that on 20:39 - Nov 18 by Guthrum

We keep saying things like that. Yet here we are, over a third of the season gone, still in 8th and just one point (plus a bit of goal difference) from a play-off place. Still with important creative players out injured (Huws, Adeyemi), despite our defence not working particularly well and with a game in hand as a 6-pointer with the team (currently) directly above us.

Shows the advantage of a brilliant start to the season, I suppose.

Edit: Not a criticism aimed at your comment specifically. I didn't see the game, but I did watch Cardiff, where we were abominable, and Burton, where were were abominable, but won. More a statement of surprise that we're still up there or thereabouts.
[Post edited 18 Nov 2017 20:43]

The table can lie or deceive sometimes. Teams can be falsely in a higher position than they realistically should be. Where are Derby now? 7th! Depth of squad dictates.
Poor game that on 09:00 - Nov 19 with 6511 viewsDyland

Poor game that on 08:54 - Nov 19 by Johnny_Boy

The table can lie or deceive sometimes. Teams can be falsely in a higher position than they realistically should be. Where are Derby now? 7th! Depth of squad dictates.

"Teams can be falsely in a higher position than they realistically should be"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Poor game that on 09:03 - Nov 19 with 6501 viewsBluebell

Poor game that on 08:54 - Nov 19 by Johnny_Boy

Please explain that.

I know it's Sunday morning and I had a couple of drinks yesterday evening but how do you work that out? How can the table lie?
Poor game that on 09:05 - Nov 19 with 6496 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 09:00 - Nov 19 by Dyland

"Teams can be falsely in a higher position than they realistically should be"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

He's right. We're in a false position.

Poor game that on 09:10 - Nov 19 with 6493 viewsBluebell

Poor game that on 09:05 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Sorry Dolly but please explain that.

You can only be in the position you have got yourself into. The table doesn't lie.
Poor game that on 09:14 - Nov 19 with 6484 viewsDyland

Poor game that on 09:05 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

The fact we may be well be lower than this at the end of the season doesn't put us in a false one now. We are where we are because of the points we've got. I've seen us plenty this season and totally agree with those who are saying they will be surprised if we challenge. Bolton game a great example where although we won you have to temper that with our lack of ability to run a team into the ground.

I was busy just before the end yesterday and didn't bother checking the final scores, nor was with anyone who gives a hoot about footy, so just assumed we'd lost. So you can imagine my reaction this morning to the last minute equaliser, and subsequent groans at the usual moans on here.

Not aimed at you, you're generally well balanced about the footy.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 9:15]

Poor game that on 09:18 - Nov 19 with 6473 viewsDyland

Poor game that on 09:10 - Nov 19 by Bluebell

You can only be in the position you have got yourself into. The table doesn't lie.

I know what Johnners means to be fair. My response is genuine amusement at the way footie fans can spin anything to fit their bias. No axe to grind with Johnners here.

Poor game that on 09:24 - Nov 19 with 6459 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 09:10 - Nov 19 by Bluebell

Of course it does, if only taking a small sample. It's perfectly possible to have a run where you've been a bit lucky and therefore be in a higher position than you otherwise would.

Poor game that on 09:27 - Nov 19 with 6446 viewsBenters

Poor game that on 09:03 - Nov 19 by Bluebell

Please explain that.

I know it's Sunday morning and I had a couple of drinks yesterday evening but how do you work that out? How can the table lie?

erm it cant.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Poor game that on 09:28 - Nov 19 with 6448 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 09:14 - Nov 19 by Dyland

The fact we may be well be lower than this at the end of the season doesn't put us in a false one now. We are where we are because of the points we've got. I've seen us plenty this season and totally agree with those who are saying they will be surprised if we challenge. Bolton game a great example where although we won you have to temper that with our lack of ability to run a team into the ground.

I was busy just before the end yesterday and didn't bother checking the final scores, nor was with anyone who gives a hoot about footy, so just assumed we'd lost. So you can imagine my reaction this morning to the last minute equaliser, and subsequent groans at the usual moans on here.

Not aimed at you, you're generally well balanced about the footy.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 9:15]

Yeah it's great to have a late equaliser, especially if you didn't know about it. If you'd actually watched that turgid match you might have a different outlook, though.

"the usual moans" they may be, but as someone who doesn't generally moan, I'm afraid they're right today.

Poor game that on 09:40 - Nov 19 with 6431 viewsDyland

Poor game that on 09:28 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah it's great to have a late equaliser, especially if you didn't know about it. If you'd actually watched that turgid match you might have a different outlook, though.

"the usual moans" they may be, but as someone who doesn't generally moan, I'm afraid they're right today.

I don't disagree matey, as I've posted elsewhere. It's the relentless negativity with zero balance that made me splutter. Not you.

Jassers is another one who can't stop commenting on wanting MEG to spend millions on players. Win, lose or draw. It's tedious. And he's actually balanced compared to Machers and Benters, e.g. Again, no axe to grind with these posters. They aren't abusive and I'd enjoy shooting the breeze about our club over a pint with any one of them.

Back to investment... don't think we need any new defenders particularly... I'll probably sound like a football know nothing but I'd rather Webster/Smith central defensive partnership. Something Mick will never do at the expense of Chambers. Do I know more than Mick? No. Am I right here though? Arf :)

Poor game that on 09:52 - Nov 19 with 6409 viewsBrixtonBlue

Poor game that on 09:40 - Nov 19 by Dyland

I don't disagree matey, as I've posted elsewhere. It's the relentless negativity with zero balance that made me splutter. Not you.

Jassers is another one who can't stop commenting on wanting MEG to spend millions on players. Win, lose or draw. It's tedious. And he's actually balanced compared to Machers and Benters, e.g. Again, no axe to grind with these posters. They aren't abusive and I'd enjoy shooting the breeze about our club over a pint with any one of them.

Back to investment... don't think we need any new defenders particularly... I'll probably sound like a football know nothing but I'd rather Webster/Smith central defensive partnership. Something Mick will never do at the expense of Chambers. Do I know more than Mick? No. Am I right here though? Arf :)

Chambo struggled a bit today, but then so did Webbo. He's been pretty average since he came back from injury for me. I'm not sure Smitho is the answer either.

Yours,
Brixo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024