Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Callum Connolly 20:35 - Nov 18 with 4298 viewsroysboys

I can only assume that MM is under pressure from Everton to give him game time. Why else would we be be playing him in midfield in place of Nydam, Downes or even Bru? It makes no sense at all.

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

Callum Connolly on 20:48 - Nov 18 with 4249 viewsbluewein

Not that I disagree but first half I thought he played really well. Faded badly in the second half.

But Joe Royal says that’s his future position. That’s the guy who called Naylor a centre half. He was right as well.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Callum Connolly on 20:51 - Nov 18 with 4228 viewshomer_123

Quietly and effectively went about his business vs PNE. Deserved to start today...what's the problem?

Nydam and Downes both still v young and both found it a little more tough going of late.

Not an issue for me.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Callum Connolly on 21:00 - Nov 18 with 4192 viewsRonFearonsHair

I think one thing Mick is doing very well is integrating Nydam and Downes sparingly whilst they are still growing. Though, admittedly and conversely, there is an element of frustration that they don't get an extended run of games to really integrate themselves in the team. But it would be a shame for them to go through what Hyam and Bishop are.
Callum Connolly on 21:12 - Nov 18 with 4133 viewsfloridaboy

Callum Connolly on 21:00 - Nov 18 by RonFearonsHair

I think one thing Mick is doing very well is integrating Nydam and Downes sparingly whilst they are still growing. Though, admittedly and conversely, there is an element of frustration that they don't get an extended run of games to really integrate themselves in the team. But it would be a shame for them to go through what Hyam and Bishop are.

We need points. The time for Nydam and Downes will come. No problem playing Connolly thought he did well against Preston plus can play right back if necessary
Callum Connolly on 12:03 - Nov 19 with 3707 viewsWickets

Well we all know Mick loves to have 2 defensive midfield players, particlarly away from home. So its a choice of Connolly or Downes i suppose. Connolly did well last time out but Downes is our player. Tough choice.
Callum Connolly on 12:11 - Nov 19 with 3688 viewsPhilTWTD

Callum Connolly on 12:03 - Nov 19 by Wickets

Well we all know Mick loves to have 2 defensive midfield players, particlarly away from home. So its a choice of Connolly or Downes i suppose. Connolly did well last time out but Downes is our player. Tough choice.

I think the current system - with four out and out attackers - needs two defensive midfielders. I'd say Adeyemi has been the most effective player in that role - and is perhaps not as defensive as Connolly - but obviously is injured at present. Downes wasn't particularly effective at Cardiff,but will presumably get his chance again at some point in the weeks to come if Adeyemi and Huws remain sidelined. Bru did well in the games he played so shouldn't be ruled out completely, even if his time here is now coming to an end.
Callum Connolly on 12:19 - Nov 19 with 3656 viewsPJH

Callum Connolly on 12:11 - Nov 19 by PhilTWTD

I think the current system - with four out and out attackers - needs two defensive midfielders. I'd say Adeyemi has been the most effective player in that role - and is perhaps not as defensive as Connolly - but obviously is injured at present. Downes wasn't particularly effective at Cardiff,but will presumably get his chance again at some point in the weeks to come if Adeyemi and Huws remain sidelined. Bru did well in the games he played so shouldn't be ruled out completely, even if his time here is now coming to an end.

If we are going to continue to have McG,Garner,Waghorn and Celina on the pitch at the same time then we certainly do need Skuse plus one other who has defensive instincts.
Fitting a fully fit Huws in is going to be a problem.

Are you feeling better Phil?
Callum Connolly on 12:46 - Nov 19 with 3599 viewsPhilTWTD

Callum Connolly on 12:19 - Nov 19 by PJH

If we are going to continue to have McG,Garner,Waghorn and Celina on the pitch at the same time then we certainly do need Skuse plus one other who has defensive instincts.
Fitting a fully fit Huws in is going to be a problem.

Are you feeling better Phil?

Yes, cheers. I was pondering how to intregrate Huws into that system as well. I think MM will probably give him a go deeper, his greater confidence on the ball would be very useful. A more play-making, ball-demanding midfielder in the centre with Skuse has been something we've lacked for years.
Login to get fewer ads

Callum Connolly on 12:55 - Nov 19 with 3573 viewsPJH

Callum Connolly on 12:46 - Nov 19 by PhilTWTD

Yes, cheers. I was pondering how to intregrate Huws into that system as well. I think MM will probably give him a go deeper, his greater confidence on the ball would be very useful. A more play-making, ball-demanding midfielder in the centre with Skuse has been something we've lacked for years.

I expect the get well message from MM cheered you up.

Some game quite soon Garner will be missing through suspension as he is only one booking away so there will have to be a reshuffle of the forward thinking players then.
MM certainly seems to want to have Celina,Garner,Waghorn and McG starting whenever possible.
Callum Connolly on 13:07 - Nov 19 with 3528 viewsPhilTWTD

Callum Connolly on 12:55 - Nov 19 by PJH

Some game quite soon Garner will be missing through suspension as he is only one booking away so there will have to be a reshuffle of the forward thinking players then.
MM certainly seems to want to have Celina,Garner,Waghorn and McG starting whenever possible.

Three games before the amnesty, so he'll do well to avoid missing a game. Jonas reached five on Saturday, incidentally, which I don't think has been mentioned on here (he doesn't seem to have realised it judging by Twitter either).

This post has been edited by an administrator
Callum Connolly on 13:11 - Nov 19 with 3519 viewsParisBlue

I think the 5 yellow amnesty kicks in on 30th November so Garner has 3 games to avoid a yellow card and a suspension. Downes also only one away.

Knudsen has 5 and is suspended for Wednesday.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Callum Connolly on 14:19 - Nov 19 with 3443 viewsPJH

Callum Connolly on 13:07 - Nov 19 by PhilTWTD

Three games before the amnesty, so he'll do well to avoid missing a game. Jonas reached five on Saturday, incidentally, which I don't think has been mentioned on here (he doesn't seem to have realised it judging by Twitter either).

This post has been edited by an administrator

I know that Jonas reached 5 on Saturday and remarked that he would miss the Wednesday game on Wednesday the moment he got booked, maybe I should have remarked a bit loader so that Jonas heard me.
I had however overlooked the amnesty coming up although expecting Joey Garner to go three games without a booking is a bit optimistic.
Callum Connolly on 16:12 - Nov 19 with 3297 viewsNo9

Normally a bigger club will send out players to a lesser club to get match experience.
Why else would they do it?
Callum Connolly on 16:17 - Nov 19 with 3292 viewsPilgrimblue

I agree that seems to be Mick's preferred system BUT it won't work against sides like Villa Brentford who play with 4 proper mids. So unless he changes to 442 I feel we'll continue to lose against top sides.
I'd prefer him to play with 4 mids and have just two strikers so that he'll have better choices from the bench. He only has Sears to fall back on until Moore returns.
Callum Connolly on 20:48 - Nov 19 with 3062 viewsbraveblue

Callum Connolly on 20:51 - Nov 18 by homer_123

Quietly and effectively went about his business vs PNE. Deserved to start today...what's the problem?

Nydam and Downes both still v young and both found it a little more tough going of late.

Not an issue for me.

Problem is we end up with a back 6. Same old MM. Connolly playing the Douglas role.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024