Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 21:56 - Nov 18 with 24827 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Large number of our fans will say it's a good point and point away from home should always be deemed as a good result. Yeah, let's take a point and move on, eh? What next?

McCarthy has a cheek to con those who haven't been at Hull and say it's a well-earned point. That could have been completely different story but for his same old awful, painful tactics. It's safe to say it was a torment for the travelling Town fans. People were so quiet and seemed totally resigned with the team's nothingness and lack of ideas especially in the 2nd half.

However the way we started the match we could have torn them apart. All over them until McGoldrick's goal. I don't think they visited our half in the last 5 minutes. Nice well deserved lead. The friend of mine did ask me after the goal if I'd taken a point. Would I fook??!! Hull's team and crowd looked so bleak. Very depressing place. Never seen so many empty seats during my visits there.

But no matter how poor an opposition is, no matter how badly they lack confidence there is always a hope for them. And that is playing Ipswich Town who will happily let you play because that is Ipswich's manager and his tactics for you. Instead of going for 2nd and possibly put the game to bed after 20-30 minutes we gradually allowed them to come back to this. We barely threatened McGregor in the remainder for the first half. Hull seemed shy initially but we kept inviting them and giving incentive. And let them have the ball. Typical McCarthyism part 150 ! Let's try to shut the shop !

An equaliser had to come. Poor defending despite four defenders and two deeply sitting defensive midfielders.
Celina and Waghorn didn't offer anything going forward but it's nigh on entire team who were very generous and on the back foot after McGoldrick's goal.

Second half started a bit more promising. A little bit more activity near their box and Celina's shot on target was parried away by McGregor. And all of sudden and out of nowhere we conceded 2nd after bad Chambers' mistake who himself failed to deal with the ball and onrushing Dicko. One on one with Bialkowski and goal was a formality.

What happened afterwards was depressing. There seemed to be lack of fight in the team, lack of ideas. You sat there with practically no hope as the team never gave us any hopes. It was Hull who were actually closer to score another one as terrible backpass from Knudsen to Bialkowski could have ended the match.

And that one who himself doesn't give a fook about the Town fans stood in his technical area with hands in the pockets. We played badly and some alternatives were required. However he wasn't bothered to make any changes. We were losing against the team who lacked confidence yet .... still played with two deeply sitting defensive midfielders. And he thinks that's best in the moment like that !

A penalty which we missed was soft in my opinion. McGregor saved that and the sadness deepened.

80 minute and first substitutions ! 'Well done' tactical master !

Spence's equaliser though undeserved and harsh on Hull was still a big relief. But even a bigger one was Hull's chance in the 3rd minute of injury time when their striker somehow missed a simple header from few yards. How did he miss it? Massive let off.

Given the way we were playing we have to accept a point. Yes still though reluctant to do so as we should have put the game to bed in the first half but for 'inviting opposition' tactics.

There was no midfield whatsoever. No-one to pass the ball towards strikers but I'm sounding like a broken record. This is McCarthy and we have to endure the same sh*t at least until May. Not only does he big up opposition in his interviews he let them have a go at us on the pitch as well whereas it was us who ought to have dictated the proceedings today.
Obviously there will be a few from 'Super Mick' brigade who will dearly defend himself. For me personally it's hard to accept that 'philosophy' of letting opposition play. Of course we sometimes play good teams and good defending is required but there was no need for that today. Same like against Burton three weeks ago when we had been so abject for the majority of the match. McCarthy keeps making us gutless and fearful. Obsessed about opposition and we cannot even express ourselves. The team looks really shackled at times. Beyond me to understand why some accept that 'philosophy'.

Of course some will point out that we are only 1 point from the play-offs but I don't and will never accept letting opposition play. I'm far from happy with that. I want an opposition to be scared of us.

Feeling frustrated today with failure to beat poor opposition but that was due to our 'tactics'. The draw is the solitary positive from today as we hardly deserved it.

So now let's put two defensive midfielders in front of back four against Sheffield Wed, let them play and see what happens !
Hahahahahaha! on 09:20 - Nov 19 with 6886 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hahahahahaha! on 08:56 - Nov 19 by Dyland

What a surprise! Loads of grumbling and moaning from the usual suspects. You're all slagging us off even when we draw away. We don't even need to lose now. Tedious beyond measure!

Yes yes yes, I know an away draw isn't automatically a good result, and it doesn't mask the lack of investment and Mick's often prosaic and dull tactics. But to go to a game, sneak a last minute equaliser, and then post an essay of negativity against the manager is absurd.

You hate Mick so much it clouds everything you say. You never post reports when we win. Why not just stay away until he's gone?

I want a change as well but was over the moon we got a point. I just want us to pick up points you see.

I take your points, and you're right - Mach does only write a report when we lose. However, there's nothing in today's report I can disagree with. I guess a stopped clock is right sometimes.

Were you at the game? If you weren't I'm not sure how you can have a pop at someone's match report.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Match thoughts on 09:21 - Nov 19 with 6878 viewsbluewein

Match thoughts on 05:30 - Nov 19 by Benters

Having met my dear foreign friend Mach on numerous occasions,I can tell you he is as passionate about town as they come,sadly unlike you Galloways number 1,he doesn't wear the blue tinted specs! But I do find his match reports very honest.Sorry if that doesn't fit in with your perfect world of all things ITFC .

Why do you get so upset about people who use galloways? They’re still fans of town just like (apparently) you.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Match thoughts (n/t) on 09:21 - Nov 19 with 6874 viewsBenters

Match thoughts (n/t) on 08:38 - Nov 19 by gtsb1966

[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 8:40]

Just a little bit!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

on 09:22 - Nov 19 with 6871 views_

Match thoughts on 09:21 - Nov 19 by bluewein

Why do you get so upset about people who use galloways? They’re still fans of town just like (apparently) you.

see my response on the other thread on 09:24 - Nov 19 with 6868 viewsDyland

Hahahahahaha! on 09:20 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

I take your points, and you're right - Mach does only write a report when we lose. However, there's nothing in today's report I can disagree with. I guess a stopped clock is right sometimes.

Were you at the game? If you weren't I'm not sure how you can have a pop at someone's match report.

I'm commenting on Machers' general negativity, not his match report.

Listen Dollers, I've seen us win and come away thinking hmmmm... we are not convincing and I can't see us going anywhere. My opinion that McCarthy and this set up isn't what we need to bring the academy kids through and get going as a club stands.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Match thoughts on 09:26 - Nov 19 with 6848 viewsBenters

Its meant as bantz you know like on Top Gear.

PJH often has a little pop at me and my love of Derby,so i see it as bantz returned.

No harm was meant.

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 09:28 - Nov 19 with 6846 viewsPJH

Thank you, as Benters constantly points out, I am one of the people that use Galloways but I do want to be considered "just like him" in any way.
Match thoughts on 09:31 - Nov 19 with 6839 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 09:28 - Nov 19 by PJH

Thank you, as Benters constantly points out, I am one of the people that use Galloways but I do want to be considered "just like him" in any way.

Hell even i have used those Galloways coaches! So sadly we are more alike then we both want to be.

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

You should have signed this post off...... on 09:32 - Nov 19 with 6840 viewsBloots

......"Yours Sincerely,

Lord Blubbly Mouth Throth,

King of The Rabid Screaming Outers"

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

see my response on the other thread on 09:32 - Nov 19 with 6833 viewsBrixtonBlue

see my response on the other thread on 09:24 - Nov 19 by Dyland

I'm commenting on Machers' general negativity, not his match report.

Listen Dollers, I've seen us win and come away thinking hmmmm... we are not convincing and I can't see us going anywhere. My opinion that McCarthy and this set up isn't what we need to bring the academy kids through and get going as a club stands.

Agreed.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hahahahahaha! on 09:34 - Nov 19 with 6835 viewsunstableblue

Hahahahahaha! on 09:20 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Well put Brixton, I think you went as did the original poster.

I didn’t but most reports are suggesting it was drab turgid football, yet again, and this was 2 points against a team in real trouble. 3 points would have been good prior to what is a tough run.

I think the % of poor games where we play poor football and have low energy is already very high this season despite the barn storming start. I don’t think it’s a surprise the OP and many posters have strong opinions on McCarthy as a result. This lack of tactics and lack of zeal are so common under Mick even with a continually improving squad.

Huws and Adeyemi as some kind of perfect solution I don’t quite agree with, as we have the ability to get forward momentum and running in the current first team. It’s just set-up.

As for this new line - which you may have suggested- that the championship is low quality and we just mirror it. Agree in part, but some games are good, in fact our Millwall and Sunderland performances showed what energy and passing can do. And how to grab a game. Just watch wolves this season, they are flying, based on good attacking play, and yes good players, but a really good technical manager.

Whatever the anti mick sentiment in some reports, there is merit in questioning just what mick is doing and whether these continuing turgid displays is acceptable. As you have done.

I lived in Brixton for a long time, great times, my it’s changed recently.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Here he is ! (n/t) on 09:38 - Nov 19 with 6818 viewsBenters

You should have signed this post off...... on 09:32 - Nov 19 by Bloots

......"Yours Sincerely,

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 09:39 - Nov 19 with 6818 viewsPJH

Match thoughts on 09:31 - Nov 19 by Benters

Hell even i have used those Galloways coaches! So sadly we are more alike then we both want to be.

I don't think that there are many things that you and I are alike in but we will have to agree to disagree on most topics.
Match thoughts on 09:40 - Nov 19 with 6810 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 09:39 - Nov 19 by PJH

I don't think that there are many things that you and I are alike in but we will have to agree to disagree on most topics.

Gentlybentley

Hahahahahaha! on 09:45 - Nov 19 with 6799 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hahahahahaha! on 09:34 - Nov 19 by unstableblue

Well put Brixton, I think you went as did the original poster.

I didn’t but most reports are suggesting it was drab turgid football, yet again, and this was 2 points against a team in real trouble. 3 points would have been good prior to what is a tough run.

I think the % of poor games where we play poor football and have low energy is already very high this season despite the barn storming start. I don’t think it’s a surprise the OP and many posters have strong opinions on McCarthy as a result. This lack of tactics and lack of zeal are so common under Mick even with a continually improving squad.

Huws and Adeyemi as some kind of perfect solution I don’t quite agree with, as we have the ability to get forward momentum and running in the current first team. It’s just set-up.

As for this new line - which you may have suggested- that the championship is low quality and we just mirror it. Agree in part, but some games are good, in fact our Millwall and Sunderland performances showed what energy and passing can do. And how to grab a game. Just watch wolves this season, they are flying, based on good attacking play, and yes good players, but a really good technical manager.

Whatever the anti mick sentiment in some reports, there is merit in questioning just what mick is doing and whether these continuing turgid displays is acceptable. As you have done.

I lived in Brixton for a long time, great times, my it’s changed recently.

I understand the people slating Mach as he is only ever negative, but he is unfortunately right today. Hull looked awful and really were there for the taking if we'd had a bit more quality (and, as you say, passing and quick movement). No-one was taking the game by the scruff of the neck. No-one was forcing the issue. There was a distinct lack of ideas and urgency from most of our team. And a lot of lackadaisical individual errors.

I've not suggested the Championship is low quality, BTW.

EDIT: Yes, Brixton has changed a lot, even in my time here (7 years). For the better though, I think.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 9:47]

You should have signed this post off...... on 10:18 - Nov 19 with 6754 viewsunstableblue

You should have signed this post off...... on 09:32 - Nov 19 by Bloots

......"Yours Sincerely,

Perhaps you could sign your reply as...

“Kind Regards

The Marquis of Head in the Sand

Defender of the Luddites

Keeper of the Turgid Dream

Master of Medocrity”

But seriously the OP may be a rabid Muck Outer, but his report clearly has some merit, and this current style of play and lack of urgency is causing not to fulfill the potential in this squad and is turning off 1000s of valuable fans.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nah, I think he needs to go..... on 10:25 - Nov 19 with 6743 viewsBloots

You should have signed this post off...... on 10:18 - Nov 19 by unstableblue

Perhaps you could sign your reply as...

“Kind Regards

The Marquis of Head in the Sand

Defender of the Luddites

Keeper of the Turgid Dream

Master of Medocrity”

But seriously the OP may be a rabid Muck Outer, but his report clearly has some merit, and this current style of play and lack of urgency is causing not to fulfill the potential in this squad and is turning off 1000s of valuable fans.

....at the end of the season.

Unless he is given some decent investment, which he obviously won't be.

Our players, as a group, aren't good enough to play the style of football that our fans (myself included) want.

If we played the open expansive attacking football that everyone wants then we'd get ripped apart more often than not.

As a result we generally play dull, containing, conservative football.

To put our position into context, we are a club that has David McGoldrick as our best player, the reason for that is because we can't afford to buy anyone better.

He's not especially good.

Evans out.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Match thoughts on 10:25 - Nov 19 with 6732 viewsfactual_blue

on 09:22 - Nov 19 by _

I can think of a reason, but I won't share it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Match thoughts (n/t) on 11:06 - Nov 19 with 6693 viewsBlueBadger

Match thoughts (n/t) on 08:38 - Nov 19 by gtsb1966

[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 8:40]

Oh man, here come the wedding photos!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Match thoughts on 11:29 - Nov 19 with 6679 viewsBasuco

Agree with all of that, good report, it is sad that many around us did not even moan when we went 2 - 1 down, a girl sitting next to me just calmly text the score line to someone without emotion. Highlight of the day for me was the drive over the Humber bridge heading to the game and meal on the way home, yes that is very sad but overall it was a poor game to watch, boy does that team miss Huws, Hyam, Bish and Adeyemi, well at least one of them anyway.
Hahahahahaha! on 11:44 - Nov 19 with 6654 viewsBenters

Hahahahahaha! on 09:45 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

I understand the people slating Mach as he is only ever negative, but he is unfortunately right today. Hull looked awful and really were there for the taking if we'd had a bit more quality (and, as you say, passing and quick movement). No-one was taking the game by the scruff of the neck. No-one was forcing the issue. There was a distinct lack of ideas and urgency from most of our team. And a lot of lackadaisical individual errors.

I've not suggested the Championship is low quality, BTW.

EDIT: Yes, Brixton has changed a lot, even in my time here (7 years). For the better though, I think.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 9:47]

Like me maybe Mach only manages to see town when they are pants?

I have another 'frebbie' for the Forest game,i cant wait!

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 11:52 - Nov 19 with 6642 viewsArcher4721

Mach, if it pains you that much to go and watch us play you really shouldn't bother.

You're so entrenched now it's slightly embarrassing.
Match thoughts (n/t) on 11:58 - Nov 19 with 6626 viewsBenters

Match thoughts (n/t) on 11:06 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

Oh man, here come the wedding photos!

Dont just dont, im about to serve up lunch.

Gentlybentley

Hahahahahaha! on 12:32 - Nov 19 with 6582 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hahahahahaha! on 08:56 - Nov 19 by Dyland

What a surprise! Loads of grumbling and moaning from the usual suspects. You're all slagging us off even when we draw away. We don't even need to lose now. Tedious beyond measure!

Yes yes yes, I know an away draw isn't automatically a good result, and it doesn't mask the lack of investment and Mick's often prosaic and dull tactics. But to go to a game, sneak a last minute equaliser, and then post an essay of negativity against the manager is absurd.

You hate Mick so much it clouds everything you say. You never post reports when we win. Why not just stay away until he's gone?

I want a change as well but was over the moon we got a point. I just want us to pick up points you see.

I'm slated for my view after the game which is fine for me. Where are the match reports from those who have a go at me?

I'm even slated by you for the things you make up. Get the facts right. You said: 'you never post reports when we win'. Did you check my posts' archive? Do this and then come back as you're talking crap.

The only match report I didn't post was the Burton one as I was busy after the match. Otherwise there are the reports from the every single match I've been at. So why are you making things up?
Match thoughts on 12:35 - Nov 19 with 6577 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 01:32 - Nov 19 by SomethingBlue

Thanks for the effort here but you have lost any capacity whatsoever to analyse objectively — so it's completely wasted on 90% of us.

Aha ! And who are you to make 'verdicts' like that? A football guru or what?

At least I have given an 'opportunity' for the likes of you to have a usual pop at me. I cannot even judge your capacity to analyse as I can't find your post-match thoughts. Now man up and do the same. Give us an opportunity to do so and let's see what your match appraisal is. Obviously you did travel yesterday didn't you?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 12:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024