Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 21:56 - Nov 18 with 24846 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Large number of our fans will say it's a good point and point away from home should always be deemed as a good result. Yeah, let's take a point and move on, eh? What next?

McCarthy has a cheek to con those who haven't been at Hull and say it's a well-earned point. That could have been completely different story but for his same old awful, painful tactics. It's safe to say it was a torment for the travelling Town fans. People were so quiet and seemed totally resigned with the team's nothingness and lack of ideas especially in the 2nd half.

However the way we started the match we could have torn them apart. All over them until McGoldrick's goal. I don't think they visited our half in the last 5 minutes. Nice well deserved lead. The friend of mine did ask me after the goal if I'd taken a point. Would I fook??!! Hull's team and crowd looked so bleak. Very depressing place. Never seen so many empty seats during my visits there.

But no matter how poor an opposition is, no matter how badly they lack confidence there is always a hope for them. And that is playing Ipswich Town who will happily let you play because that is Ipswich's manager and his tactics for you. Instead of going for 2nd and possibly put the game to bed after 20-30 minutes we gradually allowed them to come back to this. We barely threatened McGregor in the remainder for the first half. Hull seemed shy initially but we kept inviting them and giving incentive. And let them have the ball. Typical McCarthyism part 150 ! Let's try to shut the shop !

An equaliser had to come. Poor defending despite four defenders and two deeply sitting defensive midfielders.
Celina and Waghorn didn't offer anything going forward but it's nigh on entire team who were very generous and on the back foot after McGoldrick's goal.

Second half started a bit more promising. A little bit more activity near their box and Celina's shot on target was parried away by McGregor. And all of sudden and out of nowhere we conceded 2nd after bad Chambers' mistake who himself failed to deal with the ball and onrushing Dicko. One on one with Bialkowski and goal was a formality.

What happened afterwards was depressing. There seemed to be lack of fight in the team, lack of ideas. You sat there with practically no hope as the team never gave us any hopes. It was Hull who were actually closer to score another one as terrible backpass from Knudsen to Bialkowski could have ended the match.

And that one who himself doesn't give a fook about the Town fans stood in his technical area with hands in the pockets. We played badly and some alternatives were required. However he wasn't bothered to make any changes. We were losing against the team who lacked confidence yet .... still played with two deeply sitting defensive midfielders. And he thinks that's best in the moment like that !

A penalty which we missed was soft in my opinion. McGregor saved that and the sadness deepened.

80 minute and first substitutions ! 'Well done' tactical master !

Spence's equaliser though undeserved and harsh on Hull was still a big relief. But even a bigger one was Hull's chance in the 3rd minute of injury time when their striker somehow missed a simple header from few yards. How did he miss it? Massive let off.

Given the way we were playing we have to accept a point. Yes still though reluctant to do so as we should have put the game to bed in the first half but for 'inviting opposition' tactics.

There was no midfield whatsoever. No-one to pass the ball towards strikers but I'm sounding like a broken record. This is McCarthy and we have to endure the same sh*t at least until May. Not only does he big up opposition in his interviews he let them have a go at us on the pitch as well whereas it was us who ought to have dictated the proceedings today.
Obviously there will be a few from 'Super Mick' brigade who will dearly defend himself. For me personally it's hard to accept that 'philosophy' of letting opposition play. Of course we sometimes play good teams and good defending is required but there was no need for that today. Same like against Burton three weeks ago when we had been so abject for the majority of the match. McCarthy keeps making us gutless and fearful. Obsessed about opposition and we cannot even express ourselves. The team looks really shackled at times. Beyond me to understand why some accept that 'philosophy'.

Of course some will point out that we are only 1 point from the play-offs but I don't and will never accept letting opposition play. I'm far from happy with that. I want an opposition to be scared of us.

Feeling frustrated today with failure to beat poor opposition but that was due to our 'tactics'. The draw is the solitary positive from today as we hardly deserved it.

So now let's put two defensive midfielders in front of back four against Sheffield Wed, let them play and see what happens !
Match thoughts on 22:44 - Nov 18 with 10459 viewsStenvict

Half of your 'match report' is being sarcastic about MM and the fans.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Match thoughts on 22:58 - Nov 18 with 10418 viewsPJH

Match thoughts on 22:44 - Nov 18 by Stenvict

Benters likes Mach's reports.
Match thoughts on 23:15 - Nov 18 with 10378 viewsartsbossbeard

You're embarrassing yourself here, Mach.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match thoughts on 23:33 - Nov 18 with 10316 viewsbluewein

Match thoughts on 22:44 - Nov 18 by Stenvict

Arrowed the wrong way. My drunken bad.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Match thoughts on 00:53 - Nov 19 with 10202 viewsBlueBadger

Match thoughts on 22:58 - Nov 18 by PJH

Banters was a laugh before he got radicalised by neo-nazis.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Match thoughts on 01:11 - Nov 19 with 10185 viewsEireannach_gorm

Just to clarify your report, you are saying Mick mismanaged the team because we went at Hull from the start, scored, started playing a different game ( with the same formation and players ), Hull then deservedly drew level because Celina and Waghorn offered nothing . Second half Celina and Waghorn took them on and again we conceded a deserved goal. We missed a unwarranted penalty and got an undeserved equaliser while they missed many opportunities to score. We scraped an away draw. All of which is due to Mick being a poor and disinterested manager.

Look at the stats:

Possession
Home54% Away46%
Shots
Home11 Away13
Shots on Target
Home4 Away5
Corners
Home3 Away6
Fouls
Home20 Away23

Where is this creative midfielder that Mick is not picking? Would you not regard inclusion of Garner, Waghorn, Celina, McGoldrick as attacking intent. It is hard to watch Micks style of play but we don't have the resources to play possession football. I would like to see us take a cut at teams but pragmatism sometimes is the better option. If a new manager comes in things may change but that could go either way. In the meantime Mick won't be changing his conservative and effective tactics.
Match thoughts on 01:32 - Nov 19 with 10174 viewsSomethingBlue

Thanks for the effort here but you have lost any capacity whatsoever to analyse objectively — so it's completely wasted on 90% of us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Match thoughts on 01:34 - Nov 19 with 10167 viewsDarth_Koont

It's almost as if you think there was only one team out there. Hull didn't roll over.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughts on 05:30 - Nov 19 with 10078 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 22:58 - Nov 18 by PJH

Having met my dear foreign friend Mach on numerous occasions,I can tell you he is as passionate about town as they come,sadly unlike you Galloways number 1,he doesn't wear the blue tinted specs! But I do find his match reports very honest.Sorry if that doesn't fit in with your perfect world of all things ITFC .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Match thoughts on 05:55 - Nov 19 with 10053 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 00:53 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

Another day another mention from 'The King of the Trolls'.

Not sure what being a 'Neo Nazi' as you are always calling me has to do with football?

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 07:30 - Nov 19 with 9990 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

You missed out the bit where you slag off Skuse. Apart from that pretty much your text book match report.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Match thoughts on 07:35 - Nov 19 with 9993 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm unsure why you take it so personally after a mediocre performance.

We have an owner & a manager that clearly couldn't care less about the club - except for their own personal job trajectory & financial acumen.

Why should the fans be bothered?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 8:00]
Match thoughts on 07:49 - Nov 19 with 9951 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 07:35 - Nov 19 by Johnny_Boy

I'm unsure why you take it so personally after a mediocre performance.

We have an owner & a manager that clearly couldn't care less about the club - except for their own personal job trajectory & financial acumen.

Why should the fans be bothered?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 8:00]

Poor old boy gets proper fired up and upset.

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts on 08:05 - Nov 19 with 9906 viewsJohnny_Boy

Match thoughts on 07:49 - Nov 19 by Benters

Poor old boy gets proper fired up and upset.

We are batting/performing way way above of where we should be in the league (factoring our manager, mediocre squad, injuries, minimal money spent on transfers) - where's the incentive to push on, keep it up & actually finish Top 6?

Nope. We'll have no boat-rocking on the good ship ITFC. Let's write-off this season already only X games in.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 8:07]
Match thoughts on 08:18 - Nov 19 with 9871 viewsHerbivore

Match thoughts on 08:05 - Nov 19 by Johnny_Boy

We are batting/performing way way above of where we should be in the league (factoring our manager, mediocre squad, injuries, minimal money spent on transfers) - where's the incentive to push on, keep it up & actually finish Top 6?

Nope. We'll have no boat-rocking on the good ship ITFC. Let's write-off this season already only X games in.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 8:07]

Who is writing the season off?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Match thoughts on 08:27 - Nov 19 with 9849 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 08:18 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

What is your target top 6?

It should always be that right?

Gentlybentley

Match thoughts (n/t) on 08:38 - Nov 19 with 9823 viewsgtsb1966

Match thoughts on 00:53 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 8:40]
Match thoughts on 08:39 - Nov 19 with 9812 viewsTLA

Match thoughts on 08:27 - Nov 19 by Benters

The next few games should give a good indication of what we can achieve this season (and MM says we are aiming for top 6).

Personally, I think top 6 should be our target, accepting that there is plenty of competition for it.

This is a unique league - I'm not sure there's another second tier in Europe where there are so many former top tier winners and teams that have won the European and UEFA cups.
Match thoughts on 08:42 - Nov 19 with 9795 viewsHerbivore

Match thoughts on 08:27 - Nov 19 by Benters

We should be trying to aim for top 6 whilst acknowledging that getting there would be a significant achievement with the resources we have at our disposal. So yes, aim for top 6 but being realistic enough that not reaching the top 6 shouldn't be seen as failing.

Hahahahahaha! on 08:56 - Nov 19 with 9775 viewsDyland

What a surprise! Loads of grumbling and moaning from the usual suspects. You're all slagging us off even when we draw away. We don't even need to lose now. Tedious beyond measure!

Yes yes yes, I know an away draw isn't automatically a good result, and it doesn't mask the lack of investment and Mick's often prosaic and dull tactics. But to go to a game, sneak a last minute equaliser, and then post an essay of negativity against the manager is absurd.

You hate Mick so much it clouds everything you say. You never post reports when we win. Why not just stay away until he's gone?

I want a change as well but was over the moon we got a point. I just want us to pick up points you see.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Match thoughts on 08:57 - Nov 19 with 9739 viewsJohnny_Boy

Match thoughts on 08:18 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

If the last few seasons are anything to go by, it'll be the lukewarm January transfer dealings sanctioned by M.E. that'll undoubtedly show his true colours.
Match thoughts on 09:01 - Nov 19 with 9723 viewsHerbivore

Match thoughts on 08:57 - Nov 19 by Johnny_Boy

If the last few seasons are anything to go by, it'll be the lukewarm January transfer dealings sanctioned by M.E. that'll undoubtedly show his true colours.

Do we need to make signings in January if everyone is back fit? I still don't get your comment about writing the season off, who is writing it off already? Anyone doing so is a mug.

Match thoughts on 09:07 - Nov 19 with 9703 viewsBluebell

Match thoughts on 09:01 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

Do we need to make signings in January if everyone is back fit? I still don't get your comment about writing the season off, who is writing it off already? Anyone doing so is a mug.

I agree and doubt if we will sign anyone in January.

With the players we have (and the ones still to come back from injury) there is no way we need any more.

We have good cover for every position and ME isn't going to spend more on players plus wages unless others are sold which I wouldn't be happy with. We also have Keiffer Moore and Josh Emmanuel out on loan who can return.
on 09:12 - Nov 19 with 9689 views_

Match thoughts on 09:13 - Nov 19 with 9678 viewsPJH

Match thoughts on 05:30 - Nov 19 by Benters

Having met my dear foreign friend Mach on numerous occasions,I can tell you he is as passionate about town as they come,sadly unlike you Galloways number 1,he doesn't wear the blue tinted specs! But I do find his match reports very honest.Sorry if that doesn't fit in with your perfect world of all things ITFC .

His reports may be honest in as much as they written as he sees it but that does not necessarily mean that they are accurate.
I do not go through match reports from anyone in great detail but skimming through yesterdays report from Mach he sets out to be negative about everything even to the extent of pointing out why or how any possible positives can be discounted-hence why you take his reports as being accurate.
He may be passionate about ITFC but perhaps it would be better for his health if he tried to channel that passion into being a little bit positive about things rather than being exclusively negative.

It is an undeniable fact that we did not lose yesterday but that fact is one of the positives that apparently is not allowed.

The world of ITFC is not perfect and never has been otherwise we would have won even more things than we have done and would still be winning them but neither is the world of ITFC as bad as some like to believe.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 9:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024