Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 21:56 - Nov 18 with 24628 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Large number of our fans will say it's a good point and point away from home should always be deemed as a good result. Yeah, let's take a point and move on, eh? What next?

McCarthy has a cheek to con those who haven't been at Hull and say it's a well-earned point. That could have been completely different story but for his same old awful, painful tactics. It's safe to say it was a torment for the travelling Town fans. People were so quiet and seemed totally resigned with the team's nothingness and lack of ideas especially in the 2nd half.

However the way we started the match we could have torn them apart. All over them until McGoldrick's goal. I don't think they visited our half in the last 5 minutes. Nice well deserved lead. The friend of mine did ask me after the goal if I'd taken a point. Would I fook??!! Hull's team and crowd looked so bleak. Very depressing place. Never seen so many empty seats during my visits there.

But no matter how poor an opposition is, no matter how badly they lack confidence there is always a hope for them. And that is playing Ipswich Town who will happily let you play because that is Ipswich's manager and his tactics for you. Instead of going for 2nd and possibly put the game to bed after 20-30 minutes we gradually allowed them to come back to this. We barely threatened McGregor in the remainder for the first half. Hull seemed shy initially but we kept inviting them and giving incentive. And let them have the ball. Typical McCarthyism part 150 ! Let's try to shut the shop !

An equaliser had to come. Poor defending despite four defenders and two deeply sitting defensive midfielders.
Celina and Waghorn didn't offer anything going forward but it's nigh on entire team who were very generous and on the back foot after McGoldrick's goal.

Second half started a bit more promising. A little bit more activity near their box and Celina's shot on target was parried away by McGregor. And all of sudden and out of nowhere we conceded 2nd after bad Chambers' mistake who himself failed to deal with the ball and onrushing Dicko. One on one with Bialkowski and goal was a formality.

What happened afterwards was depressing. There seemed to be lack of fight in the team, lack of ideas. You sat there with practically no hope as the team never gave us any hopes. It was Hull who were actually closer to score another one as terrible backpass from Knudsen to Bialkowski could have ended the match.

And that one who himself doesn't give a fook about the Town fans stood in his technical area with hands in the pockets. We played badly and some alternatives were required. However he wasn't bothered to make any changes. We were losing against the team who lacked confidence yet .... still played with two deeply sitting defensive midfielders. And he thinks that's best in the moment like that !

A penalty which we missed was soft in my opinion. McGregor saved that and the sadness deepened.

80 minute and first substitutions ! 'Well done' tactical master !

Spence's equaliser though undeserved and harsh on Hull was still a big relief. But even a bigger one was Hull's chance in the 3rd minute of injury time when their striker somehow missed a simple header from few yards. How did he miss it? Massive let off.

Given the way we were playing we have to accept a point. Yes still though reluctant to do so as we should have put the game to bed in the first half but for 'inviting opposition' tactics.

There was no midfield whatsoever. No-one to pass the ball towards strikers but I'm sounding like a broken record. This is McCarthy and we have to endure the same sh*t at least until May. Not only does he big up opposition in his interviews he let them have a go at us on the pitch as well whereas it was us who ought to have dictated the proceedings today.
Obviously there will be a few from 'Super Mick' brigade who will dearly defend himself. For me personally it's hard to accept that 'philosophy' of letting opposition play. Of course we sometimes play good teams and good defending is required but there was no need for that today. Same like against Burton three weeks ago when we had been so abject for the majority of the match. McCarthy keeps making us gutless and fearful. Obsessed about opposition and we cannot even express ourselves. The team looks really shackled at times. Beyond me to understand why some accept that 'philosophy'.

Of course some will point out that we are only 1 point from the play-offs but I don't and will never accept letting opposition play. I'm far from happy with that. I want an opposition to be scared of us.

Feeling frustrated today with failure to beat poor opposition but that was due to our 'tactics'. The draw is the solitary positive from today as we hardly deserved it.

So now let's put two defensive midfielders in front of back four against Sheffield Wed, let them play and see what happens !
Match thoughts on 20:48 - Nov 19 with 1492 viewsPJH

Match thoughts on 20:46 - Nov 19 by LankHenners

You leave Ian out of this.

Wasn't there an Ian Storey-Moore that played for Notts Forest.
I expect that is the Ian that he means.
Oh you two on 20:49 - Nov 19 with 1493 viewsDyland

Hahahahahaha! on 18:50 - Nov 19 by Benters

My 4th game before Christmas,i cant BELIEVE it myself.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Some people that on 21:01 - Nov 19 with 1464 viewsnshearman1

Some people that on 18:26 - Nov 19 by Herbivore

We've finished 8th, 6th, 7th and 16th in Mick's full seasons here. Is that really 'relentless mid table obscurity'? Sure in 2014 and 2016 we faded at crucial times but both seasons we still had a shot at the play offs as late as March, and 2015 we made it to the top 6. One genuine failure out of four isn't a bad strike rate.

He should've gone in the summer, I think most of us agree on that, and the crushing negativity that still exists despite an objectively good start to the season in which we're scoring goals and winning more games is probably good proof of that. It's hard to do well as a side when a decent chunk of your fanbase wants the manager (and by extension, the team) to fail and that's the situation we're in. If being in top 6 contention and third top scorers in the league more than a third of the season in with the injuries we've had is not enough for some people then, honestly, nothing will be until and unless Mick goes. I think people need to just own that rather than pretending that things are going badly this season and it's somehow just a continuation of last season's disappointment.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 18:27]

Ah, I was wondering when The Man In Search Of An Argument would strike! Anything less than 6th is mid-table obscurity as far as I’m concerned but really we’re talking about the style of football here, the loss of some of the fan-base, and my phrase really reflects our long-term position under ME. I’m as critical of ME as I am of Mick who has done pretty well given the strictures he has been under, but ultimately in my view he’s not the man to take us forward and the style of football is something that has been condemned by many many other fans throughout the Championship. We are known as a side that are horrible to watch.
Hahahahahaha! on 22:00 - Nov 19 with 1427 viewsBigalhunter

Hahahahahaha! on 11:44 - Nov 19 by Benters

Like me maybe Mach only manages to see town when they are pants?

I have another 'frebbie' for the Forest game,i cant wait!

Presume you mean 'freebie' you tedious, freeloading, spectre at the feast.

I'd chuck you a fiver to stay away.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 22:06]
Some people that on 23:15 - Nov 19 with 1384 viewsHerbivore

Some people that on 21:01 - Nov 19 by nshearman1

Ah, I was wondering when The Man In Search Of An Argument would strike! Anything less than 6th is mid-table obscurity as far as I’m concerned but really we’re talking about the style of football here, the loss of some of the fan-base, and my phrase really reflects our long-term position under ME. I’m as critical of ME as I am of Mick who has done pretty well given the strictures he has been under, but ultimately in my view he’s not the man to take us forward and the style of football is something that has been condemned by many many other fans throughout the Championship. We are known as a side that are horrible to watch.

I'm quite enjoying all the goals myself but each to their own. Not sure how you interpreted that post as me searching for an argument either but there you go. Have a nice evening.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hahahahahaha! on 04:16 - Nov 20 with 1337 viewsBenters

Hahahahahaha! on 22:00 - Nov 19 by Bigalhunter

Presume you mean 'freebie' you tedious, freeloading, spectre at the feast.

I'd chuck you a fiver to stay away.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 22:06]

Go on then.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Match thoughts on 04:19 - Nov 20 with 1336 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Match thoughts on 20:44 - Nov 19 by braveblue

Four defenders plus 2 deep midfielders tells its Ian story. It's boring. Crowds are dropping. Don't try to justify his cr*p management style.

I'd counter that by saying we've scored 28 goals in 16 games and are the second highest scorers in the whole division.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024