Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a draw from a losing position 11:09 - Nov 19 with 6599 viewstextbackup

in my mind, purely result based, that doesn't seem too bad.

its just when you factor in all the other pieces of a game that get chuck together that puts a slightly dull view on things; ANOTHER couple of sloppy goals to concede, (reviews ive read) of poor play for large parts of the game.

am I the only one thinking that celina would have been a much better option to come on yesterday as opposed to starting?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

a draw from a losing position on 11:18 - Nov 19 with 6563 viewsBrixtonBlue

We said the same during the game.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

a draw from a losing position on 11:28 - Nov 19 with 6560 viewsDyland

The sloppy goals and injuries are doing my head in more than the questionable tactics and never ending debate about the manager. I hate using the word in the context of footie talk but the former is simply unacceptable if happening over and over again.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

a draw from a losing position on 11:43 - Nov 19 with 6531 viewstextbackup

a draw from a losing position on 11:28 - Nov 19 by Dyland

The sloppy goals and injuries are doing my head in more than the questionable tactics and never ending debate about the manager. I hate using the word in the context of footie talk but the former is simply unacceptable if happening over and over again.

how can they happen weekly, I just don't understand how this isn't addressed massively in training, real focus applied to it. maybe they shouldn't have had the first week of international break off, instead, watching the video over and over, training to not be sloppy?!

the injuries, also, just what exactly happens down there. im still sure we wont see Huws this side of xmas, adeymi might be back for a game or two.

a draw from a losing position on 12:00 - Nov 19 with 6501 viewsPJH

a draw from a losing position on 11:43 - Nov 19 by textbackup

how can they happen weekly, I just don't understand how this isn't addressed massively in training, real focus applied to it. maybe they shouldn't have had the first week of international break off, instead, watching the video over and over, training to not be sloppy?!

the injuries, also, just what exactly happens down there. im still sure we wont see Huws this side of xmas, adeymi might be back for a game or two.

In the case of their second goal it was purely human error by Chambers who had a ball to deal with and despite two attempts, did not.
Human error will always occur from time to time and no amount of preparation will prevent that sometimes happening.

Having said that we are obviously giving away too many goals that should be prevented.
a draw from a losing position on 13:18 - Nov 19 with 6419 viewsNo9

a draw from a losing position on 11:28 - Nov 19 by Dyland

Agreed, it does appear that MM's team management is lacking, across the board.
Are we watching a team management who is past the sell by date or one that is protesting against the other part of the management?
a draw from a losing position on 13:44 - Nov 19 with 6397 viewsGuthrum

a draw from a losing position on 12:00 - Nov 19 by PJH

In the case of their second goal it was purely human error by Chambers who had a ball to deal with and despite two attempts, did not.
Human error will always occur from time to time and no amount of preparation will prevent that sometimes happening.

Having said that we are obviously giving away too many goals that should be prevented.

Fine margins. Perhaps also lacking sharpness of mind as much as of tactics or skill. Maybe having to think about too many things at once with relatively inexperienced/not up to form players around him?

Not saying that's definitely the case, just a few possibilities.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

a draw from a losing position on 13:48 - Nov 19 with 6391 viewsLankHenners

Said as much yesterday re: Celina. Was pretty ineffective for large periods of the match and he played it like he was a 'super sub' coming on to try something different to win the match.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

a draw from a losing position on 14:04 - Nov 19 with 6364 viewsstrikalite

So much giving the ball away at this level, watching Leeds v MBoro now and it's so obvious that after a few simple passes have been made, the ball is then given away, from both sides...it's 1-0 to Leeds, but nothing in it, a real lack of craft, so many aimless punts...it's not just us..

As a kid I had it drummed into me that you never give the ball away, so it doesn't sit well with me that's for sure..
Login to get fewer ads

a draw from a losing position on 14:04 - Nov 19 with 6365 viewsSomethingBlue

a draw from a losing position on 13:18 - Nov 19 by No9

Agreed, it does appear that MM's team management is lacking, across the board.
Are we watching a team management who is past the sell by date or one that is protesting against the other part of the management?

Jesus, you'd think anyone else would have us 10 points clear at the top! We are doing pretty well!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

a draw from a losing position on 14:06 - Nov 19 with 6351 viewsBenters

a draw from a losing position on 14:04 - Nov 19 by strikalite

So much giving the ball away at this level, watching Leeds v MBoro now and it's so obvious that after a few simple passes have been made, the ball is then given away, from both sides...it's 1-0 to Leeds, but nothing in it, a real lack of craft, so many aimless punts...it's not just us..

As a kid I had it drummed into me that you never give the ball away, so it doesn't sit well with me that's for sure..

Last nights game Fulham v Derby was pleasing on the eye.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

a draw from a losing position on 14:11 - Nov 19 with 6340 viewsFtnfwest

Based on this review and other posts, yes I’d punish the defence for conceding two sloppy goals by dropping Celina. How dare he not run the game and score a couple of goals?
a draw from a losing position on 14:14 - Nov 19 with 6331 viewsstrikalite

a draw from a losing position on 14:06 - Nov 19 by Benters

Last nights game Fulham v Derby was pleasing on the eye.

Didn't see it ba but yeah two sides there that do play nice stuff, I didn't get Fulham, I watched them v Wolves two weeks ago, think it was on the Friday night, they lost but they knocked it around really well, even at 2-0 they still played neatly...yet below us in the league, daft, a lot of luck involved when getting the ball in the net I know that..
a draw from a losing position on 14:55 - Nov 19 with 6287 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

It was a fairly meh result really - not good enough for the Mick in brigade to be going full ‘quiet on here tonight’ but by the same token not bad enough to get the outers foaming. Decent but not spectacular

As for Celina, feels a bit odd to read that given that had he been on the bench he’d no doubt have been receiving pelters from some!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

a draw from a losing position on 14:59 - Nov 19 with 6271 viewspistonbroke

It was a draw from a winning position against a team short on confidence
a draw from a losing position on 15:53 - Nov 19 with 6205 viewsBrixtonBlue

a draw from a losing position on 14:11 - Nov 19 by Ftnfwest

Based on this review and other posts, yes I’d punish the defence for conceding two sloppy goals by dropping Celina. How dare he not run the game and score a couple of goals?

Celina did little. I agree with those that say he would've been more effective coming on rather than starting.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

a draw from a losing position on 16:03 - Nov 19 with 6184 viewsPJH

a draw from a losing position on 15:53 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Celina did little. I agree with those that say he would've been more effective coming on rather than starting.

I thought Celina had a poor first half both attacking wise and with his "defensive duties" and would not have been surprised in the least if he had been subbed at halftime.
I thought he had a pretty good second half though and did look a threat when he had the ball.
There is always the possibility that he will create something whilst he is on the pitch but can also look pretty anonymous.
Neither he or McG are the sort of players that should be expected to be defending near our corner flag but if we do continue to start with the four attackers(which in theory is great)then they will need to be doing it.
a draw from a losing position on 16:06 - Nov 19 with 6177 viewsBrixtonBlue

a draw from a losing position on 16:03 - Nov 19 by PJH

I thought Celina had a poor first half both attacking wise and with his "defensive duties" and would not have been surprised in the least if he had been subbed at halftime.
I thought he had a pretty good second half though and did look a threat when he had the ball.
There is always the possibility that he will create something whilst he is on the pitch but can also look pretty anonymous.
Neither he or McG are the sort of players that should be expected to be defending near our corner flag but if we do continue to start with the four attackers(which in theory is great)then they will need to be doing it.

Yeah. I was amazed at the times the ball came back into our defence and it was McGoldrick clearing up. He was so deep so often. But where was our (actual) defence?!

a draw from a losing position on 16:46 - Nov 19 with 6146 viewstextbackup

a draw from a losing position on 14:55 - Nov 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It was a fairly meh result really - not good enough for the Mick in brigade to be going full ‘quiet on here tonight’ but by the same token not bad enough to get the outers foaming. Decent but not spectacular

As for Celina, feels a bit odd to read that given that had he been on the bench he’d no doubt have been receiving pelters from some!

on your last point, I think that's the difference in fans that understand the game, and those that don't. most can see someone like him should start home games, gets 13500 on their feet and a bit excited, away from home, in a MM team, its going to be better him coming on to surprise a defence that is getting a bit tired.

the issues of the latter obviously arise when sears comes on before him, or or gets 10mins etc

a draw from a losing position on 17:02 - Nov 19 with 6119 viewsNo9

a draw from a losing position on 13:44 - Nov 19 by Guthrum

Fine margins. Perhaps also lacking sharpness of mind as much as of tactics or skill. Maybe having to think about too many things at once with relatively inexperienced/not up to form players around him?

Not saying that's definitely the case, just a few possibilities.

You are correct
a draw from a losing position on 17:29 - Nov 19 with 6094 viewsPilgrimblue

a draw from a losing position on 16:06 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah. I was amazed at the times the ball came back into our defence and it was McGoldrick clearing up. He was so deep so often. But where was our (actual) defence?!

Who knows and that's why Skuse is so vital in MM plans as he's the fifth member. But in good teams the defence defend and leaves the midfileders to control the middle ground. I still don't get the 4 forwards and while it maybe ok against poor teams it just isn't against the likes of Fulham.
Also I notice how often Garner is clearing the ball from free-kicks. Why isn't he waiting on half-way line and that surely is one of the reasons we're so poor at counter-attacks.
It doesn't surprise me that we have so many injuries with so much running around chasing hoofs.
a draw from a losing position on 18:00 - Nov 19 with 6058 viewsHerbivore

a draw from a losing position on 11:43 - Nov 19 by textbackup

I'm not sure how you train basic individual errors out of people. It's frustrating and fck knows what the answer is, for all the negativity if we had a bit more boring solidity this season we'd probably be comfortably top 6. Get Huws and Adeyemi back, cut out the howlers and we could still have a very good season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

a draw from a losing position on 19:31 - Nov 19 with 5996 viewstextbackup

a draw from a losing position on 16:06 - Nov 19 by BrixtonBlue

don't mate, it pains me. the preston game I counted him at rightback 5 times. embarrassing to see a player of his quality being asked to do that, massive respect to him for being a team player, but its all so wrong.

a draw from a losing position on 21:49 - Nov 19 with 5907 viewsstrikalite

a draw from a losing position on 19:31 - Nov 19 by textbackup

don't mate, it pains me. the preston game I counted him at rightback 5 times. embarrassing to see a player of his quality being asked to do that, massive respect to him for being a team player, but its all so wrong.

That's what Ruud Gullit said about Hazard a few seasons ago as to why he wasn't doing his stuff, he said you can't expect him to hurt sides up the other end one minute and then be defending his own area the next, let defenders defend..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024