Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... 17:31 - Nov 19 with 14065 viewsBloots

.....are a strange bunch.

When we win you don't hear a squeak from them, if we don't win they are all over this forum like a rash.

Why is that?

Out of curiosity, I had a look at a certain posters history:

Beat Burton: 3 posts in the next 24 hours.

Lose to Cardiff: 34 posts.

Beat Preston: 13 posts.

Draw with Hull: 54 posts.

So over this small sample, when we win he/she posts 8 times, when we don't he/she posts 44 times.

Very odd.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 17:52 - Nov 19 with 7831 viewscbower

They have a very definite agenda and defeat provides the amunition that fits. Victories are dismished as irrelevances against poor opposition or simply good fortune whilst being within spitting distance of the top six all season (so far) is seen as a transitory phase not worthy of recognition until such time as we take our rightful position of approimately 15th and they are "proven" right after all. In defeat, however, goals against, chances missed and mistakes made are moulded into exhibits a,b and c for the prosecution. Very sad as far as I am conerned. Support the team, be critical at times - god knows we have been poor at times over the last few seasons but be fair and acknowledge the times MM and the players get it right.

bluescouser

That's a far more eloquent, erudite and..... on 17:54 - Nov 19 with 7820 viewsBloots

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 17:52 - Nov 19 by cbower

They have a very definite agenda and defeat provides the amunition that fits. Victories are dismished as irrelevances against poor opposition or simply good fortune whilst being within spitting distance of the top six all season (so far) is seen as a transitory phase not worthy of recognition until such time as we take our rightful position of approimately 15th and they are "proven" right after all. In defeat, however, goals against, chances missed and mistakes made are moulded into exhibits a,b and c for the prosecution. Very sad as far as I am conerned. Support the team, be critical at times - god knows we have been poor at times over the last few seasons but be fair and acknowledge the times MM and the players get it right.

....lucid explanation than I would have come up with.

I would have just called them spunktrumpets.

That's a far more eloquent, erudite and..... on 18:03 - Nov 19 with 7790 viewscbower

That's a far more eloquent, erudite and..... on 17:54 - Nov 19 by Bloots

Why use 100 words when one does the job so much better!🤣

bluescouser

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 18:08 - Nov 19 with 7785 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nah. People take a masochistic pleasure in moaning/venting. Doesn't just apply to football. And it's addictive & contagious.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

(No subject) on 19:29 - Nov 19 with 7690 viewsBackToRussia

It's probably because when we win we look alright, but when we lose, we usually look fooking sh1te.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 20:16]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Here he is ! (n/t) on 19:32 - Nov 19 with 7671 viewsBenters

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

(No subject) on 19:33 - Nov 19 with 7687 viewstextbackup

I definitely think instead of the term "fans" or "they" or "people" that the likes of you should use actual poster names so there's an understanding of who its aimed at. very "mums on facebook" all this cryptic sh1t

also, who really bothers chatting about a win? you're happy, a loss and you want to talk it over with fellow fans. or is that too much to consider
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 19:35]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 19:34 - Nov 19 with 7673 viewsBackToRussia

(No subject) on 19:33 - Nov 19 by textbackup

I definitely think instead of the term "fans" or "they" or "people" that the likes of you should use actual poster names so there's an understanding of who its aimed at. very "mums on facebook" all this cryptic sh1t

also, who really bothers chatting about a win? you're happy, a loss and you want to talk it over with fellow fans. or is that too much to consider

Also if you have to resort to saying people "aren't real fans" and so on, you're probably a giant loser.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 19:35 - Nov 19 with 7655 viewsBenters

Its nothing to worry about is it really?

Just Bloots fishing for those uppies.

Gentlybentley

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 19:52 - Nov 19 with 7574 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jubbers or ClausThomsen, at a guess...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Not aimed at anyone in particular.... on 20:00 - Nov 19 with 7566 viewsBloots

.....just more to make the point that "fans" are itching for a bitching.

There's sod all cryptic about calling people spunktrumpets.

These days it's getting to the stage where people who are pleased when we get a decent result are made to feel guilty about feeling happy about it.

Mainly by all the rabid outers.

Like you.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 20:19]

Agreed,I made that point yesterday.... on 20:02 - Nov 19 with 7553 viewsBloots

"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 19:34 - Nov 19 by BackToRussia

Also if you have to resort to saying people "aren't real fans" and so on, you're probably a giant loser.

....when Mach said that his opinion was more valid than others because he "bothered to go to matches".

Some people eh?

Agreed,I made that point yesterday.... on 20:05 - Nov 19 with 7542 viewsBackToRussia

Agreed,I made that point yesterday.... on 20:02 - Nov 19 by Bloots

....when Mach said that his opinion was more valid than others because he "bothered to go to matches".

Some people eh?

Good, I'm glad.

So you'll remove the "'s from fans then in your OP?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Agreed,I made that point yesterday.... on 20:07 - Nov 19 with 7529 viewsBenters

Agreed,I made that point yesterday.... on 20:02 - Nov 19 by Bloots

Some people eh?

Who cares.

Gentlybentley

Mach and BTR, obviously. (n/t) on 20:11 - Nov 19 with 7522 viewsBloots

Agreed,I made that point yesterday.... on 20:07 - Nov 19 by Benters

Who cares.

That's a far more eloquent, erudite and..... on 20:46 - Nov 19 with 7463 viewsbraveblue

That's a far more eloquent, erudite and..... on 17:54 - Nov 19 by Bloots

That would convince them!!
"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 22:11 - Nov 19 with 7380 viewsCurrie10

Unfortunately the way things work.

Take poor hotels on tripadvisor, people log in on mass to review a place and can completely tarnish their reputation.

Last night, I was trying to book a hotel in Malaysia. Found one I liked, last review = 1/5 AVOID the main tag line.

This ' person ' decided to rate them that, as the owner wanted all the money which was OWED, and had the audacity to run off the air con as that person hadn't paid what was owed! Their review was utterly scathing, however, I'll disregard that one.

I try to keep a balanced head with all things blue and white. Some idiot on here said we wouldn't get 6/33 points after the Norwich game, well we already have. I offered this person a wager that we would, however despite their ranting, wouldn't follow up their negativity by putting their $$$ where their mouth is. Funny that.

Also wonder, if many on here met Mick in person, would they call him a dinosaur to his face? would they f and blind at him? it's alright to do so behind a computer in the safety of your home though......

Lets just hope we continue to keep up some decent form so this site doesn't go into utter meltdown.

When/IF we're 8+ points off and clearly not going to achieve anything this or any other season, I can tolerate such negativity. However, when we're 1 point off, and YES, whether you like it or not we DO have a game in hand ( again many feel this doesn't count ) perhaps try and support the team a bit more? You may, have more fun!?

That isn't to say everything Mick does is right. Many things he does I will never understand or fathom and I far from like his style of play.

However, with all the $$$$ going around the league, I get the fact we have to try something a little different.
"Fans" who are only vocal in defeat..... on 22:15 - Nov 19 with 7365 viewsbournemouthblue

to some extent it is therapeutic to moan about our failings I guess?

People have less to talk about when things are going well.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Not aimed at anyone in particular.... on 22:44 - Nov 19 with 7333 viewstextbackup

Not aimed at anyone in particular.... on 20:00 - Nov 19 by Bloots

.....just more to make the point that "fans" are itching for a bitching.

There's sod all cryptic about calling people spunktrumpets.

These days it's getting to the stage where people who are pleased when we get a decent result are made to feel guilty about feeling happy about it.

Mainly by all the rabid outers.

Like you.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2017 20:19]

Spunkyrumpet, you're an adult, right?

A draw at Hull is a decent result, not really sure what you're crying about here really.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Not aimed at anyone in particular.... on 05:10 - Nov 20 with 7204 viewsBenters

Not aimed at anyone in particular.... on 22:44 - Nov 19 by textbackup

A draw at Hull is a decent result, not really sure what you're crying about here really.

Bored on a Sunday night maybe?

Odd thing to do though go through someone's post history and count?

Still it takes all sorts.

Gentlybentley

(No subject) on 08:12 - Nov 20 with 7150 viewsAxeldalai_lama

That would be fine if people were "want(ing) to talk it over with fellow fans." but most of it is just snidey digs at other fans for 'loving Mick' or 'when we win our game in hand' or similar hilarity.
The stuff about the football being boring and Micks favourites and all the other stuff trotted out is as tedious, but at least has something worthy of talking about.
Even the 'we're a bit sh1t' 'we're gonna be in this league forever' despair type post are bearable, and natural after defeat. Its the sanctamonious pre prepared, hur hur hur int oi clever, sticking the knife in stuff that the complete bell ends trot out that gets everyones back up.
That's a far more eloquent, erudite and..... on 08:32 - Nov 20 with 7123 viewsDubtractor

That's a far more eloquent, erudite and..... on 18:03 - Nov 19 by cbower

Why use 100 words when one does the job so much better!🤣

Is spunktrumpet one word or two?

What is the correct presentation of this item?

Spunktrumpet
Spunk-trumpet
Spunk Trumpet

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I've just explained why. (n/t) on 08:39 - Nov 20 with 7101 viewsBloots

Not aimed at anyone in particular.... on 22:44 - Nov 19 by textbackup

Why so salty? (n/t) on 08:40 - Nov 20 with 7099 viewsBloots

Not aimed at anyone in particular.... on 05:10 - Nov 20 by Benters

Bored on a Sunday night maybe?

Odd thing to do though go through someone's post history and count?

Still it takes all sorts.

(No subject) on 08:55 - Nov 20 with 7076 viewschristiand

(No subject) on 08:12 - Nov 20 by Axeldalai_lama

That would be fine if people were "want(ing) to talk it over with fellow fans." but most of it is just snidey digs at other fans for 'loving Mick' or 'when we win our game in hand' or similar hilarity.
The stuff about the football being boring and Micks favourites and all the other stuff trotted out is as tedious, but at least has something worthy of talking about.
Even the 'we're a bit sh1t' 'we're gonna be in this league forever' despair type post are bearable, and natural after defeat. Its the sanctamonious pre prepared, hur hur hur int oi clever, sticking the knife in stuff that the complete bell ends trot out that gets everyones back up.

It does work the other way as well, look at the underlying thread of the OP. There are comments made by those that have the audacity to even question a poor performance and are instantly categorise as moaners - that's pretty boring too. Especially, when you are trying to give an opinion. It just seems to me, if you are not with the majority on here then you're opinion is not warranted and that's not right.

It's a forum, supporters giving their views. You might not agree with it, but they are equally entitled to give their view. No opinion is better than anyone else's however you try to sugarcoat it or you believe.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024