Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... 22:23 - Nov 19 with 19523 viewsSwansea_Blue

The victims are "merely disappointed" and "should know what could happen", even if they are only 14.

https://www.stereogum.com/1972241/morrissey-defends-kevin-spacey-and-harvey-wein

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 22:27 - Nov 19 with 9157 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:31 - Nov 19 with 9072 viewssparks

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 22:27 - Nov 19 by BlueBadger

Some will continue to idolise him...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:46 - Nov 19 with 9064 viewsjeera

I know it's uncomfortable but I saw the story of a french 11 year old who was deemed able to 'consent', which meant her adult male rapist was allowed to go free.

Eleven.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:51 - Nov 19 with 9041 viewsfactual_blue

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:46 - Nov 19 by jeera

I know it's uncomfortable but I saw the story of a french 11 year old who was deemed able to 'consent', which meant her adult male rapist was allowed to go free.

Eleven.

Until 1945 the age of heterosexual consent was thirteen.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:57 - Nov 19 with 9031 viewsjeera

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:51 - Nov 19 by factual_blue

Until 1945 the age of heterosexual consent was thirteen.

But the legal age there is 15.

Yet somehow because it cannot be proven that the child did not consent to the relations he was allowed to walk.

It's contradictory and hopefully will be rectified asap.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 00:29 - Nov 20 with 8990 viewsWeWereZombies

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:31 - Nov 19 by sparks

Some will continue to idolise him...

Some will continue to buy tabloids...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 00:30 - Nov 20 with 8982 viewsSwansea_Blue

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 23:57 - Nov 19 by jeera

But the legal age there is 15.

Yet somehow because it cannot be proven that the child did not consent to the relations he was allowed to walk.

It's contradictory and hopefully will be rectified asap.

That is one messed up verdict.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 05:29 - Nov 20 with 8901 viewscrunchie1978

At last some common sense on this matter.
And poor aled Jones...an inappropriate message sent ten years ago....what is the world coming to....or were the beed just getting him out the way so they don't have to pay him any snowman royalites this time of year lol.
Login to get fewer ads

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 05:56 - Nov 20 with 8862 viewsBenters

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 05:29 - Nov 20 by crunchie1978

And poor aled Jones...an inappropriate message sent ten years ago....what is the world coming to....or were the beed just getting him out the way so they don't have to pay him any snowman royalites this time of year lol.

Aled Jones doesnt seem like a wrong un does he?

Thing is when i was at School it was the thing to ping girls bra straps,i guess i would be banged up for that?

As ive said time and time again,a good old tug can solve a lot of problems.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 06:58 - Nov 20 with 8831 viewsBrixtonBlue

You've taken those quotes out of context.

If you actually read the article (which they admit at the bottom was translated from German via Google Translate) he said "many" are merely disappointed, not all. Which is probably true.

With the 14 year old he was talking about a specific case, although I agree he's wrong on this one.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 07:41 - Nov 20 with 8757 viewsimsureazzure

Later today he will insist he was miss quoted or merely being controversial to raise awareness.
Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 08:00 - Nov 20 with 8713 viewsDanTheMan

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 06:58 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

If you actually read the article (which they admit at the bottom was translated from German via Google Translate) he said "many" are merely disappointed, not all. Which is probably true.

With the 14 year old he was talking about a specific case, although I agree he's wrong on this one.

Oh just many then, that's much better.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 08:05 - Nov 20 with 8702 viewsBrixtonBlue

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 08:00 - Nov 20 by DanTheMan

Oh just many then, that's much better.

Of course it is. If he was talking about all of them then that would obviously be wrong.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 08:46 - Nov 20 with 8621 views_

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 08:54 - Nov 20 with 8612 viewsHerbivore

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 08:05 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

Of course it is. If he was talking about all of them then that would obviously be wrong.

But talking about 'many' you think he's not wrong?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 08:56 - Nov 20 with 8596 views_

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:18 - Nov 20 with 8547 viewsBlueBadger

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 00:29 - Nov 20 by WeWereZombies

Some will continue to buy tabloids...

An interesting straw man there...
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 9:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:19 - Nov 20 with 8544 viewsBlueBadger

The trouble here, is that this isn't and won't be the last time that Morrissey has said something utterly tw*ttish.

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:20 - Nov 20 with 8537 viewsSteve_M

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:19 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

The trouble here, is that this isn't and won't be the last time that Morrissey has said something utterly tw*ttish.

You've missed the words "this month" from the end of that sentence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:32 - Nov 20 with 8524 viewsBlueBadger

Let the records show that Crunchie supports adults molesting children.

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:36 - Nov 20 with 8508 viewsBlueBadger

on 08:46 - Nov 20 by _

'As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26 and boy 14 was wondering where the boy’s parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what could happen. I do not know about you, but I’ve never been in situations like this in my youth. Never. I always knew what could happen. When you are in somebody’s bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That’s why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.'

Basically, Crunchie is blaming a child for being attacked by a sexual predator.

on 09:36 - Nov 20 with 8498 views_

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:32 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

Let the records show that Crunchie supports adults molesting children.

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:37 - Nov 20 with 8504 viewsBlueBadger

on 09:36 - Nov 20 by _

Always the hard right 'hang and flog 'em' types that are keen to defend sex offenders for some reason, innit?

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:44 - Nov 20 with 8483 viewsBlueBadger

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 08:05 - Nov 20 by BrixtonBlue

'As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26 and boy 14 was wondering where the boy’s parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what could happen. I do not know about you, but I’ve never been in situations like this in my youth. Never. I always knew what could happen. When you are in somebody’s bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That’s why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.'

That him basically saying A) 'it's all your fault you were attacked by a sexual predator, I don't blame your attacker, you were clearly gagging for it' and B) 'Well, some bad things happened to me when I was young so that it makes it OK for them to keep happening to there people'.

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:45 - Nov 20 with 8478 viewsbluewein

Morrissey's take on sexual harassment... on 09:37 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

Always the hard right 'hang and flog 'em' types that are keen to defend sex offenders for some reason, innit?

Unless they're from Rotherham. And muslim.

Only then are they proper scum.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024