Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spare a thought... 19:50 - Nov 20 with 6258 viewsNewcyBlue

For the missing Argentine Submarine.

Close to the limits of their oxygen reserves.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/20/missing-argentina-submarine-runnin

Let’s hope they get found before it is too late.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Spare a thought... on 21:36 - Nov 23 with 674 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Spare a thought... on 06:20 - Nov 22 by jeera

Well, no, that's fair enough isn't it? No one can blame you for that. It must have been terrifying.

Yes. Beliefs aside, I think everyone with a heart is concerned for those people. They have lives, families, friends...

The only good so far has been the sight of nations coming together in a rush to aid. Whether that counts for anything in the long run may be something else.

I have had 2 people I know well die in the past 3 weeks and if I'm honest it's affected me more than I have cared to admit.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 6:21]

Sorry to hear that jeera

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Spare a thought... on 21:44 - Nov 23 with 670 viewsblueislander

Spare a thought... on 21:36 - Nov 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry to hear that jeera

It is curious. When you get to my age, people that you have known well die, and you realise that we are not immortal. Last week two such people died. One of them, Peter Mornard was featured on here.
Spare a thought... on 23:17 - Nov 23 with 618 viewsjeera

Spare a thought... on 21:17 - Nov 23 by NewcyBlue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-42100620

A diesel electric sub. Batteries short circuited and it was on its way back to base.

It’s not looking good unfortunately.

I've been keeping an eye out for news on this and much of it is recycled as there doesn't seem to be too much new to say. Deeply concerning for those involve, as you say.

A few things detected here and there that have offered some false hope, and reports of that possible explosion etc.

Horrible.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024