Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
00:01 - Nov 21 with 26104 views_

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 14:03 - Nov 21 with 4500 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 12:09 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

The prime Minister who was head of the remain campaign said we would leave the single market. Boris and Gove who were the main spoken for vote leave said we would leave the single market.

I voted leave and was in no doubt that we would leave the single market.

"I voted leave and was in no doubt that we would leave the single market."

Even now it is apparent you do not understand what this really means - OR, did you vote to jeapordise the GF agreement?
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 14:40 - Nov 21 with 4477 viewsBOjK

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 13:04 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

No. It was a commitment to leave the single market.

https://www.politico.eu/article/david-cameron-bbc-andrew-marr-ill-pull-uk-out-of

David Cameron: ‘I’ll pull UK out of the single market after Brexit’

Edit. That will be that then?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 14:02]

Well seeing as he resigned the morning after you can't really use his word as a mandate now, can you. Not least because the current foreign secretary amongst others said the reverse. And you can't take the referendum result as a mandate either.

You could use the last general election result when presumably the DUP joined the tories in having "withdraw from SM" in their manifesto.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:01 - Nov 21 with 4461 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 14:40 - Nov 21 by BOjK

Well seeing as he resigned the morning after you can't really use his word as a mandate now, can you. Not least because the current foreign secretary amongst others said the reverse. And you can't take the referendum result as a mandate either.

You could use the last general election result when presumably the DUP joined the tories in having "withdraw from SM" in their manifesto.

I can use the fact that it was a commitment and not an aspiration , as you claimed.

I can also use it as a fact that the man who ran the remain campaign made it perfectly clear that leaving the EU meant leaving the single market.

The current foreign secretary, as I already linked in a video (I assume you didn't bother watching it), said the same as the Prime Minister. That leaving the EU meant leaving the single market.

https://www.clientearth.org/boris-bonkers-to-leave-single-market/

So both leave and remain said that leaving the EU meant leaving the single market.

Perhaps you should take the advice of Noel Gallagher?

[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 15:04]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:04 - Nov 21 with 4458 viewsBOjK

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:01 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

I can use the fact that it was a commitment and not an aspiration , as you claimed.

I can also use it as a fact that the man who ran the remain campaign made it perfectly clear that leaving the EU meant leaving the single market.

The current foreign secretary, as I already linked in a video (I assume you didn't bother watching it), said the same as the Prime Minister. That leaving the EU meant leaving the single market.

https://www.clientearth.org/boris-bonkers-to-leave-single-market/

So both leave and remain said that leaving the EU meant leaving the single market.

Perhaps you should take the advice of Noel Gallagher?

[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 15:04]

Apart from the fact that plenty of people on both sides said exactly the reverse.

I'm not going to be watching videos at work ...

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:06 - Nov 21 with 4455 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:04 - Nov 21 by BOjK

Apart from the fact that plenty of people on both sides said exactly the reverse.

I'm not going to be watching videos at work ...

The Prime Minister FFS. The leader of the remain campaign. Johnson and Gove, the leaders of the leave campaign said it.

Iron Lion Zion

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:16 - Nov 21 with 4449 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:06 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

The Prime Minister FFS. The leader of the remain campaign. Johnson and Gove, the leaders of the leave campaign said it.

& what did daniel Hannan say?
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:39 - Nov 21 with 4434 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:16 - Nov 21 by No9

& what did daniel Hannan say?

I could care less what he said. He wasn't the leader of either campaign.

The long and the short of it is that before the vote it was made clear by the leaders of both campaigns that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market.

Both Junker and Tusk said during the campaign that you cannot be a member of the single market without accepting the three pillars of the EU, one of which is freedom of movement.

Cameron tried to gt a concession on freedom of movement during his renegotiation of our membership. This was rejected and the people voted to leave.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 15:40]

Iron Lion Zion

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:25 - Nov 21 with 4411 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:39 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

I could care less what he said. He wasn't the leader of either campaign.

The long and the short of it is that before the vote it was made clear by the leaders of both campaigns that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market.

Both Junker and Tusk said during the campaign that you cannot be a member of the single market without accepting the three pillars of the EU, one of which is freedom of movement.

Cameron tried to gt a concession on freedom of movement during his renegotiation of our membership. This was rejected and the people voted to leave.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 15:40]

Hannan is one of the driving forces behind Brexit - you know that don't make out you don't.
He and others in Leave lied, lied & lied, you have been a part of that.

I have argued on here that the UK will have to quit the EU completely, you & the tories just don't accept that.
Now what the reality of leaving means it is a very small number of RW tories who wish this to end in a bad place for the people of the UK.

I will ask you again, how will leaving the EU help the ordinary person prosper ( we have already seen the wealthy prospering) and how will that be attained in the short to medium term?
Login to get fewer ads

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:30 - Nov 21 with 4404 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:25 - Nov 21 by No9

Hannan is one of the driving forces behind Brexit - you know that don't make out you don't.

I have argued on here that the UK will have to quit the EU completely, you & the tories just don't accept that.
Now what the reality of leaving means it is a very small number of RW tories who wish this to end in a bad place for the people of the UK.

I will ask you again, how will leaving the EU help the ordinary person prosper ( we have already seen the wealthy prospering) and how will that be attained in the short to medium term?

Yes I know who Dan Hannan is. He wasn't running either the leave or remain campaign was he?

Iron Lion Zion

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:30 - Nov 21 with 4404 viewshype313

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:25 - Nov 21 by No9

It seems silly to be arguing about this when nothing has happened. Surely it would be wise to see where we all are once we are gone?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:58 - Nov 21 with 4384 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:30 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Yes I know who Dan Hannan is. He wasn't running either the leave or remain campaign was he?

Not officially but he spent enough time lieing on the BBC and in the telegraph and, occassoinally on Fox in America
He probably put in more time than most Brexiteers and certainly more than Mrs May ever did - not sure which side she was on
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:01 - Nov 21 with 4382 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:58 - Nov 21 by No9

Not officially but he spent enough time lieing on the BBC and in the telegraph and, occassoinally on Fox in America
He probably put in more time than most Brexiteers and certainly more than Mrs May ever did - not sure which side she was on

So he wasn't running either campaign? I'm glad we cleared that up.

Now do you accept that the people running both the leave and remain campaign said that a vote to leave the EU would mean leaving the single market?

Iron Lion Zion

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:06 - Nov 21 with 4373 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:01 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Now do you accept that the people running both the leave and remain campaign said that a vote to leave the EU would mean leaving the single market?

I have always accepted that the UK would have to leave the EU including the SM & the CU I have been doing enough business in the EU over teh past 40 years to know that was a given.

You may say you know but you refuse, as does the tory RW, to totally to embrace the problems a complete break will bring.

And you fail as usual to answer any questions on the matter
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:11 - Nov 21 with 4364 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 16:30 - Nov 21 by hype313

It seems silly to be arguing about this when nothing has happened. Surely it would be wise to see where we all are once we are gone?

I hadn't got you down as an 'it'll be alright on the night' charachter

Depends what you do for a living and how much money you have I reckon
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 4363 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 09:50 - Nov 21 by BOjK

It most definitely was not.

Edit: Which proves my point! It is the genius of the brexiteers who have made this the received wisdom - when nobody was clear about this prior to the referendum.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 9:51]

I don't understand why you don't accept that leaving the EU means leaving the SM & CU?

That much is pretty clear. Can you explain why it should not be so?
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:18 - Nov 21 with 4352 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:01 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

So you would not accept that running a campaign via a national newspaper is running a campaign?
Is that an excuse for the lies?
Ypu believe Kenetth Baker was wrong when he showed the fp of the Sun with headline s"it was the Sun wot won it'.
Bit daft given one of his governmetn positions althugh unlike you he accpets the fact the Murdoch press had a big effect on voting.
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:24 - Nov 21 with 4350 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:18 - Nov 21 by No9

So you would not accept that running a campaign via a national newspaper is running a campaign?
Is that an excuse for the lies?
Ypu believe Kenetth Baker was wrong when he showed the fp of the Sun with headline s"it was the Sun wot won it'.
Bit daft given one of his governmetn positions althugh unlike you he accpets the fact the Murdoch press had a big effect on voting.

No I wouldn't accept that contributing a number of articles to a newspaper constitutes running the Vote Leave campaign.

Iron Lion Zion

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 4335 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:24 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

No I wouldn't accept that contributing a number of articles to a newspaper constitutes running the Vote Leave campaign.

So you are wasting your time by working for Guido then?
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:36 - Nov 21 with 4333 viewsBOjK

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:13 - Nov 21 by No9

I don't understand why you don't accept that leaving the EU means leaving the SM & CU?

That much is pretty clear. Can you explain why it should not be so?

Because one can be a member of the SM without being in the EU. Like Norway.

You can decide that leaving the SM is the right thing to do - but to claim that to not do it is undemocratic because it defies the instructions of the people in the referendum is untrue. We could leave the EU, stay in the CM and SM and entirely fulfill the instructions of the electorate.

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:40 - Nov 21 with 4330 viewsBOjK

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 15:06 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Gove was pretty clear, yes. Boris much less so.

Farage on the other hand - who even you must accept was absolutely central to the leave campaign both over the years in the runup to the election and in the weeks of the campaign seemed happy with staying in the SM:

"Wouldn't it be terrible if we were really like Norway and Switzerland? Really? They're rich. They're happy. They're self-governing"
Nigel Farage, Ukip leader

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-far

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:50 - Nov 21 with 4325 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:40 - Nov 21 by BOjK

Gove was pretty clear, yes. Boris much less so.

Farage on the other hand - who even you must accept was absolutely central to the leave campaign both over the years in the runup to the election and in the weeks of the campaign seemed happy with staying in the SM:

"Wouldn't it be terrible if we were really like Norway and Switzerland? Really? They're rich. They're happy. They're self-governing"
Nigel Farage, Ukip leader

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-far

Farage wasn't allowed anywhere near the official leave campaign.

However, the Open Britain video which you have taken the Farage quote from was taken apart by Andrew Neil on the Beeb as being clipped to distort entirely what they were saying.

You weren't able to watch the earlier video but I strongly suggest you watch this as it give the full unedited Farage quote.

And if you can't watch the video at work here is a transcript.

AN: How many of these 12 statements were made during the referendum campaign?

JM: I don’t know but some of Dan Hannan’s were

AN: Well actually not one was made during the referendum campaign and indeed only two of the 12 statements were recorded after royal assent had been given to the referendum. Only one was made this year before the referendum.

JM: Throughout the campaign, Leave campaigners lauded the Norwegian model and as you know Norway is in the single market but not in the EU. The Leave campaign went out of their way not to be pinned down on a specific trading arrangement they wanted to see in the future with Europe.

AN: But isn’t it interesting and does it not undermine your case that none of the 12 statements were made during the campaign itself when people were giving really serious thought to such matters?

Things didn’t get much better for McGrory when Neil proceeded to play in full several video clips that feature in the video:

AN: You misrepresented Owen Paterson, didn’t you? You showed him saying ‘only a madman would leave the single market’ then stopped it there because he goes on to say that of course we won’t leave in the sense of continuing to have access.

JM: I don’t think he was talking about access. He’s there talking about membership.
AN: He doesn’t use the word membership at all.
Neil suggested that Open Britain had also cut clips from Nigel Farage and Vote Leave’s Matthew Elliott in a misleading manner:

AN: How did you think you would get away with this distortion?

JM: The whole point of the clip – or the clips – is to point out they don’t have a definitive position.

I'd be grateful for a reply to this post thanks.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:55]

Iron Lion Zion

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 18:28 - Nov 21 with 4303 viewsNo9

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything on 17:36 - Nov 21 by BOjK

Because one can be a member of the SM without being in the EU. Like Norway.

You can decide that leaving the SM is the right thing to do - but to claim that to not do it is undemocratic because it defies the instructions of the people in the referendum is untrue. We could leave the EU, stay in the CM and SM and entirely fulfill the instructions of the electorate.

I don't think its as easy as you say.

Go to the EU website & check. It is pretty clear a nation is either in the EU or it is not, there is no halfway house.
The Norwegian example needs to be looked at very carefully, the tory RW would never agree to the restrictions put on Norway nor the amountof money it contributes. Then to ensure they get as much out of it as they can Norwegian companies have set up in the EU.
A big concession that may not get signed off will be if the UK can get any agreement before leaving then applying to join the bits they wish to, that is what all the current noise is about = the EU haven't rolled over & plate dead as the RW said they would.

The EU may, at soem time offer a Norwegian type arrangement but, that has already been rejected.
Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything" on the BBC... on 19:08 - Nov 21 with 4283 viewsHerbivore

Lots of revisionism going on here. It was far from clear going into the referendum that leave meant leaving the single market and going for a hard Brexit. Cameron was dismissed as scaremongering whenever he mentioned the economy and trade with Europe so him saying it meant we'd leave is pretty poor evidence that people knew that a leave vote meant no more single market. For every leave voice saying we'd leave the single market there were others saying that wasn't necessarily the case. That's why there was talk of different kinds of Brexit and different future models for the UK which, with hindsight, ought to have been included in the ballot. I don't buy that the majority of UK voters wanted a hard Brexit, I don't find it credible that all of the 52% favoured leaving the single market and customs union and it's dishonest to claim otherwise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything" on the BBC... on 20:25 - Nov 21 with 4258 viewsGlasgowBlue

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything" on the BBC... on 19:08 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Lots of revisionism going on here. It was far from clear going into the referendum that leave meant leaving the single market and going for a hard Brexit. Cameron was dismissed as scaremongering whenever he mentioned the economy and trade with Europe so him saying it meant we'd leave is pretty poor evidence that people knew that a leave vote meant no more single market. For every leave voice saying we'd leave the single market there were others saying that wasn't necessarily the case. That's why there was talk of different kinds of Brexit and different future models for the UK which, with hindsight, ought to have been included in the ballot. I don't buy that the majority of UK voters wanted a hard Brexit, I don't find it credible that all of the 52% favoured leaving the single market and customs union and it's dishonest to claim otherwise.

Would you say that the majority of people who voted leave wanted to be able to

a) Control our borders?
b) make our own trade deals?

Do you believe those two issues were the most pushed by vote Leave?

Iron Lion Zion

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything" on the BBC... on 20:27 - Nov 21 with 4254 viewsSpruceMoose

Watching 'Labour - The Summer that Changed Everything" on the BBC... on 20:25 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

Would you say that the majority of people who voted leave wanted to be able to

a) Control our borders?
b) make our own trade deals?

Do you believe those two issues were the most pushed by vote Leave?

Are they the only two options?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024