Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another embarrasing UK failure 14:46 - Nov 21 with 2885 viewsNo9

As there will be no UK judges (firs time since inception) on the internationsl court of justice how badly will this affect the UK's standing ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-icj-judges-none-first-time-hist
Another embarrasing UK failure on 14:53 - Nov 21 with 2860 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It's not really a failure is it? There are a lot of countries in the World
Another embarrasing UK failure on 14:55 - Nov 21 with 2856 viewsFreddies_Ears

Part of our slide into nonentity nation status, To keep this position, we needed support from other European countries. Strange how that didn't happen.
Another embarrasing UK failure on 14:57 - Nov 21 with 2851 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Very little I suspect.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:18 - Nov 21 with 2833 viewsNo9

Another embarrasing UK failure on 14:57 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Very little I suspect.

It will in upper & legal circles
Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:32 - Nov 21 with 2816 viewsWeWereZombies

In this instance I have to say that we cannot expect to have a finger in every pie forever, in the long term it may do us some good to sit on the sidelines and watch and learn. Perhaps we will be appreciated all the more when we next get a place at the table. By all accounts it was a close run thing with our conceding the place to India rather than have a bitter and pointless battle over the issue.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 16:11]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:49 - Nov 21 with 2800 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:18 - Nov 21 by No9

It will in upper & legal circles

Going back to your original email... what impact will that have?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:52 - Nov 21 with 2798 viewsNo9

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:49 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

If you don't understand the importance that the parliamentarians and upper echelon place in having a prescence in the World , e.g. first world. Then perhaps you should take a long look at how & why the British Empire was founded
Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:55 - Nov 21 with 2792 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:52 - Nov 21 by No9

If you don't understand the importance that the parliamentarians and upper echelon place in having a prescence in the World , e.g. first world. Then perhaps you should take a long look at how & why the British Empire was founded

Just thought you might offer an insightful answer rather than harping on about the British Empire.

Never mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:03 - Nov 21 with 2790 viewsNo9

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:55 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Just thought you might offer an insightful answer rather than harping on about the British Empire.

Never mind.

Why?
I thought you would have stood and sung Rule Britania now watching as Britannia no longer rules anything?

To understand why it is important to have someone at the court of International justice first you need to start with British history
Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:15 - Nov 21 with 2776 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:03 - Nov 21 by No9

Why?
I thought you would have stood and sung Rule Britania now watching as Britannia no longer rules anything?

To understand why it is important to have someone at the court of International justice first you need to start with British history

....why would I stand and sing Rule Britannia??

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:18 - Nov 21 with 2772 viewsNo9

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:15 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

....why would I stand and sing Rule Britannia??

I rest my case your honour
Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:21 - Nov 21 with 2769 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:18 - Nov 21 by No9

I rest my case your honour

WOW. You cant answer ANY question with a straight answer can you.

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:26 - Nov 21 with 2759 viewsNo9

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:21 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

WOW. You cant answer ANY question with a straight answer can you.

I have but you just don't understand do you?
Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:28 - Nov 21 with 2755 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:26 - Nov 21 by No9

Answering another question with a question...

I give up.

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:42 - Nov 21 with 2747 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another embarrasing UK failure on 16:26 - Nov 21 by No9

Seeing as you like questions so much.

What do you think my political stance is?

Another embarrasing UK failure on 17:42 - Nov 21 with 2714 viewsvilanovablue

Another embarrasing UK failure on 15:49 - Nov 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's really down to a question of how we are perceived by everyone else and how that may impact our standing in the world. Listening to a German chap on the radio this morning he pointed out that individually countries such as Germany and the UK are losing standing in the world in the face of the rise of China and India. Essentially as individual nation states European countries are becoming less relevant. The fact that whilst we may have had the support of the security council in the vote for appointing a new judge the general assembly were strongly in favour of the Indian candidate which is why we backed down.

Does this help?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024