Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread 15:51 - Nov 21 with 19693 viewsJ2BLUE

You're stuck on a desert island with clean water. There is no edible food on the island. You can request daily deliveries of 10 foods in any quantity and these foods remain the same for life. Go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:21 - Nov 21 with 2868 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:13 - Nov 21 by catch74

Very good for sticky toffee pudding.

Horrific memories of my late nana going to Pick & Mix, purchasing vast bags of of those rancid coconut mushrooms sweets & those gross rum chocolates.

Just the idea of them makes me want to vomit. The smell of them has haunted me for 30yrs.
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:23 - Nov 21 with 2863 viewsfactual_blue

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:13 - Nov 21 by Bluebell

Chicken
Rice
Pasta
Brocolli
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Stilton
Mango
Pineapple
Chocolate

Can I please have Bear Grylls to cook it for me?
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:38]

He would be on another island, staying in a luxury hotel.

The programme he did some years ago on La Palma living in the wilds with Jonathan Ross, involved them setting up in the Parador Hotel on the island, and spending a couple of hours a day on a not very isolated path in the island's rain forest (within five minutes walk of the visitor centre).

Edward Grylls' father was the MP Sir Michael Grylls (tory) who was up to his neck in the 'cash for questions' scandal some years ago.

My source is the island guide Rudi who was the programme's consultant.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:24 - Nov 21 with 2865 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:10 - Nov 21 by Johnny_Boy

Large dried dates, sometimes coated in honey or nuts. Stone in the middle.

They used to be popular back in the 70's with Grandmothers & Swingers.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:12]

Coated in honey? I've never seen that. I wouldn't buy them coated in honey.

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:24 - Nov 21 with 2861 viewsfactual_blue

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:19 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Trust you to know that one, Heston!

J2 is more Heston Services than Heston Blumental.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:25 - Nov 21 with 2860 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 16:50 - Nov 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Now you would think so wouldn't you...

But you would be mistaken. Festive friends have a different ratio of biscuit to chocolate than the mini animals. That's the key difference

It's a gamechanger

You've clearly given this more thought than I have.

I think you'd get ill pretty quickly with your list. I've tried to keep mine healthy with dates added as a special sugary treat. Try a Medjool date Rommers, they are divine. As it's you, I do feel I should point out that they contain a stone which you need to remove before biting into one.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:27]

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:27 - Nov 21 with 2852 viewsfactual_blue

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:24 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

The idea of you coated in honey isn't one I want to entertain.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:28 - Nov 21 with 2851 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:27 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

The idea of you coated in honey isn't one I want to entertain.

Interesting that your mind went there when it was nothing to do with that. I don't judge.

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 2837 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Marinated tofu
Sardines
Mozzarella
Chick peas
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Rice
Kidney beans
Brocolli
Eggs

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:39 - Nov 21 with 2823 viewsBluebell

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:23 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

He would be on another island, staying in a luxury hotel.

The programme he did some years ago on La Palma living in the wilds with Jonathan Ross, involved them setting up in the Parador Hotel on the island, and spending a couple of hours a day on a not very isolated path in the island's rain forest (within five minutes walk of the visitor centre).

Edward Grylls' father was the MP Sir Michael Grylls (tory) who was up to his neck in the 'cash for questions' scandal some years ago.

My source is the island guide Rudi who was the programme's consultant.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:40 - Nov 21 with 2821 viewsSpruceMoose

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:35 - Nov 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Marinated tofu
Sardines
Mozzarella
Chick peas
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Rice
Kidney beans
Brocolli
Eggs

Good lord, the wind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:41 - Nov 21 with 2819 viewsReuser_is_God

Lean mince
Passata
Eggs
Fromage frais
Onions
Mushrooms
Lasagne sheets
Chilli flakes
Worcester sauce
Garlic bread

I'd just live off of lasagne

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:42 - Nov 21 with 2818 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:25 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

You've clearly given this more thought than I have.

I think you'd get ill pretty quickly with your list. I've tried to keep mine healthy with dates added as a special sugary treat. Try a Medjool date Rommers, they are divine. As it's you, I do feel I should point out that they contain a stone which you need to remove before biting into one.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:27]

Why don't the stones come taken out before you buy them?

What a waste of time and effort that is

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:43 - Nov 21 with 2817 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:40 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Good lord, the wind.

Some might say that I'm full of hot air !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:44 - Nov 21 with 2817 viewsBluebell

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:40 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Good lord, the wind.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/08/22/researchers-moose-gas-hurting-environmen
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:46 - Nov 21 with 2812 viewsJ2BLUE

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:42 - Nov 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Why don't the stones come taken out before you buy them?

What a waste of time and effort that is

It takes as much time to remove the stone as it does opening the box and bag that Festive Friends come in!

Truly impaired.

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:48 - Nov 21 with 2810 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:46 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

It takes as much time to remove the stone as it does opening the box and bag that Festive Friends come in!

He'll be dead by 40 at this rate. He's more clogged artery than man.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 17:48]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:58 - Nov 21 with 2801 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:46 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

What if I forgot to take the stone out though..

There's no risk of choking with festive friends

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:07 - Nov 21 with 2791 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:58 - Nov 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Darwinism in action, Rommy. Darwinism in action.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 18:13 - Nov 21 with 2786 viewsfactual_blue

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:28 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Interesting that your mind went there when it was nothing to do with that. I don't judge.

Sadly, your syntax let you down.

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:17 - Nov 21 with 2784 viewsBluebell

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:07 - Nov 21 by SpruceMoose

Darwinism in action, Rommy. Darwinism in action.

* Rommy is desperately Googling Darwinism*
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:25 - Nov 21 with 2781 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:17 - Nov 21 by Bluebell

* Rommy is desperately Googling Darwinism*

I know about evolution and all that

I took a double science GCSE..

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:44 - Nov 21 with 2766 viewsJ2BLUE

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:58 - Nov 21 by The_Romford_Blue

You'd break a tooth and learn a valuable lesson.

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 18:55 - Nov 21 with 2755 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:24 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Coated might be an extreme word to use.
Drizzled maybe. I mean, they are sweet enough without the honey.
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 18:56 - Nov 21 with 2752 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 18:55 - Nov 21 by Johnny_Boy

Coated might be an extreme word to use.
Drizzled maybe. I mean, they are sweet enough without the honey.

Is it an American thing where they bastardise everything they can?

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 19:05 - Nov 21 with 2740 viewsjeera

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 18:56 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Is it an American thing where they bastardise everything they can?

You thinking of applying for a visa?

Sorry. Someone's gonna say it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024