Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread 15:51 - Nov 21 with 19831 viewsJ2BLUE

You're stuck on a desert island with clean water. There is no edible food on the island. You can request daily deliveries of 10 foods in any quantity and these foods remain the same for life. Go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 19:24 - Nov 21 with 3841 viewscrunchie1978

Scraps from chippe
Crackling
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:36 - Nov 21 with 3811 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 16:34 - Nov 21 by BackToRussia

Potatoes
Flour
Butter
Honey
Steak
Grapes
Chocolate
Salt
Turmeric
Tomatoes

I feel like I've taken this the most seriously and rigorously.

You're entitled to a few more as oils, salt, herbs and spices get thrown in for free.

Here are mine:

onions
tomatoes
potatoes
rice
lamb/mutton
tuna
beans (black)
nuts (almonds)
figs
keffir
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 14:42]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:41 - Nov 21 with 3801 viewsjeera

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:36 - Nov 21 by caught-in-limbo

You're entitled to a few more as oils, salt, herbs and spices get thrown in for free.

Here are mine:

onions
tomatoes
potatoes
rice
lamb/mutton
tuna
beans (black)
nuts (almonds)
figs
keffir

It was more difficult than I thought.

Tomatoes and onions are a must.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:44 - Nov 21 with 3796 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:41 - Nov 21 by jeera

It was more difficult than I thought.

Tomatoes and onions are a must.

Agreed. Tomatoes would likely take #10 on my list. Unless I could count tomato puree as a condiment and use one of those 5...

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:47 - Nov 21 with 3793 viewsjeera

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:44 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Agreed. Tomatoes would likely take #10 on my list. Unless I could count tomato puree as a condiment and use one of those 5...

I might have to sacrifice my gelatine.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:57 - Nov 21 with 3777 viewsjeera

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:36 - Nov 21 by caught-in-limbo

Here are mine:

onions
tomatoes
potatoes
rice
lamb/mutton
tuna
beans (black)
nuts (almonds)
figs
keffir

As an aside, it didn't escape my attention that you have figs in there.

They go so well with lamb don't they.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:00 - Nov 21 with 3765 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:47 - Nov 21 by jeera

I might have to sacrifice my gelatine.

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:03 - Nov 21 with 3762 viewshoppy

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 17:43 - Nov 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Some might say that I'm full of hot air !

I think you misheard what they said you were full of...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:04 - Nov 21 with 3762 viewsjeera

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:00 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Yep. Decision made.

No bush/home made jelly babies for me.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:05 - Nov 21 with 3759 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:04 - Nov 21 by jeera

Yep. Decision made.

No bush/home made jelly babies for me.

No bush?!? Lets not go crazy...

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:06 - Nov 21 with 3758 viewsjeera

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:05 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

No bush?!? Lets not go crazy...

This is not the 80s.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:09 - Nov 21 with 3747 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:06 - Nov 21 by jeera

This is not the 80s.

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:14 - Nov 21 with 3739 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:03 - Nov 21 by hoppy

I think you misheard what they said you were full of...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:16 - Nov 21 with 3733 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Here are mine:

onions
tomatoes
potatoes
rice
lamb/mutton
tuna
beans (black)
nuts (almonds)
figs
keffir

"beans" and "nuts".....that's about 50 things right there.........Referee !

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:19 - Nov 21 with 3725 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:16 - Nov 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

"beans" and "nuts".....that's about 50 things right there.........Referee !

Agreed.

CIL...

Truly impaired.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:19 - Nov 21 with 3725 viewsjeera

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 19:24 - Nov 21 by crunchie1978

Scraps from chippe
Crackling

You've clearly put a lot of thought into this.

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:32 - Nov 21 with 3706 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:19 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Agreed.

CIL...

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 22:09 - Nov 21 with 3675 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Bread
Mackerel
Sashimi
Stilton
Burgers
Tomatoes
Mozzarella
Avocado
Oranges
Eggs
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 22:23 - Nov 21 with 3663 viewsJohnny_Boy

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 18:56 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Is it an American thing where they bastardise everything they can?

It was actually whilst on holiday in Egypt. I'd only experienced the UK shop standard ones before.
Bit like only tasting Baclava in your local kebab shop, then experiencing the same thing 100% better on your hols.
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 22:28 - Nov 21 with 3656 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 20:57 - Nov 21 by jeera

As an aside, it didn't escape my attention that you have figs in there.

They go so well with lamb don't they.

It was a tough call between figs, avocados and chocolate. Figs won for the versatility: good with lamb and the morning keffir.

#toxic

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 22:33 - Nov 21 with 3652 viewscaught-in-limbo

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 21:19 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Agreed.

CIL...

Beans and nuts are small things. They are dry and don't take up any space in the larder. Anyway, it's nearly Christmas. BTW, you are still my favourite poster on the site.

#toxic

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 23:04 - Nov 21 with 3634 viewsWeWereZombies

Laphroaig 12 year
Talisker 12 year
Jura 10 year
Glennfiddich - any, not fussy by now
Port Askaig 15 year
Highland Park 10 year
Dalwhinnie 15 year
Glenlivet 18 year
Balvenie Doublewood 12 year
Lagavulin 16 year

Maybe I am a bit too confident that I can get by on what I can pick, catch and snare but if I can get that lot delivered every week for a few years until I get rescued, then sneak back to collect, I'm minted.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 23:12]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 10:59 - Nov 22 with 3578 viewssolemio

Never mind funding; this thread shows why the NHS is in trouble!
Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 11:36 - Nov 22 with 3568 viewsRyorry

I'm shocked no one's mentioned fresh coconut yet - I read years ago that a human could live healthily off this (+ its milk) & nothing else for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately tho I used to love it, I've become allergic to it, so my list (only things I can tolerate OK obviously) would be -

Salted peanuts
Rump Steak
Eggs
Bread
Potatoes
Spring onions
Lettuce
Asparagus
Fresh olives
Ecomil almond milk, chocolate version :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 12:00 - Nov 22 with 3559 viewsJ2BLUE

Ten foods to live on for life - inspired by the overrated meals thread on 22:33 - Nov 21 by caught-in-limbo

Beans and nuts are small things. They are dry and don't take up any space in the larder. Anyway, it's nearly Christmas. BTW, you are still my favourite poster on the site.

You think your insincere flattery can sway me?

Well you're right, objection withdrawn. This will lead to chaos though as people change their answers from things like apples to fruit and carrots to vegetables.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024