Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) 17:51 - Nov 21 with 7595 viewsArnieM

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mcgoldrick-suited-to-wide-role-says-mccarthy-1-52896

That's another player's game ruined then!! Did she didn't exactly look comfortable vs scum in that role. Suspect the loanee, Celina, has pushed Didsy out of his best , most influencial position.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 17:54 - Nov 21 with 5638 viewsSpruceMoose

"McGoldrick wasted in wide role" ( Mick)

Fixed that for Mick.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:03 - Nov 21 with 5611 viewsBackToRussia

Then he's a fool. Celina is clearly the more suited out of the two to play wide. He played wide all season for that Dutch team no??

McGoldrick is our slowest player, has played centrally all his life.

Stinks of bad judgement imo.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:06 - Nov 21 with 5606 viewsm14_blue

Sigh
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:08 - Nov 21 with 5601 viewsWickets

He never fail to amaze does he, how long has Dids been playing for Mick!
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:09 - Nov 21 with 5594 viewsBackToRussia

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:06 - Nov 21 by m14_blue

Sigh

The more fans say McGoldrick should play central the less likely it is he'll play him there of course!

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:10 - Nov 21 with 5595 viewssparks

Barking.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:15 - Nov 21 with 5586 viewsNo9

Not really surprising when you consider how man times we have seen town play poorly only for MM to say how good they were
The start of his rift with the fans I think?
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:17 - Nov 21 with 5584 viewsLuk38644

As much as I disagree with him that McGoldrick is suited to playing wide, he does say that in a 'fluid front four' where all the players are constantly changing roles and in different positions, McGoldrick suits that, which I agree with.

Watching McG on the left wing against Norwich was painful. Play him centrally and he will hurt teams. Celina to his left, Waggy to his right, Garner up top. Lovely job.
Login to get fewer ads

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:58 - Nov 21 with 5528 viewsHerbivore

(a) That headline is rather a misrepresentation of what was actually said, (b) Didz has 8 goals and a couple of assists at least and is playing the best football he's played in 3 years or more, so clearly the system is hardly harming his game. He's not playing as a wide midfielder, he has the freedom to roam from his nominal starting position on the right of the floating three behind Garner. It's a role he seems to be doing well in, but it seems this is another opportunity for the usual suspects to have a pop at Mick over basically nothing.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:11 - Nov 21 with 5502 viewsArnieM

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:58 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

(a) That headline is rather a misrepresentation of what was actually said, (b) Didz has 8 goals and a couple of assists at least and is playing the best football he's played in 3 years or more, so clearly the system is hardly harming his game. He's not playing as a wide midfielder, he has the freedom to roam from his nominal starting position on the right of the floating three behind Garner. It's a role he seems to be doing well in, but it seems this is another opportunity for the usual suspects to have a pop at Mick over basically nothing.

" usual suspects" ?????

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:17 - Nov 21 with 5489 viewsLankHenners

Stuart Watson in 'putting up a misleading quote for clickbait to get the rabid folks frothing at the mouth over nothing' shocker.

Yes, quite clearly Mick was talking about when he roams around, coming in off the right into the centre, rather than being a strict 'wide man' which is what the headline implies. If we do keep playing this 'shove all the forwards on the pitch at once' tactic, which I personally don't think we should, then Waghorn has to be the one on the right with McGoldrick in the centre. McG is clearly far too slow to play there effectively as there will be (and have been) occasions where a ball down the line to chase is on but he doesn't have the legs to get there. It was Waghorn cutting in from the right with a little bit of skill that got us the penalty on Saturday in any case.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:19 - Nov 21 with 5483 viewsArnieM

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:17 - Nov 21 by LankHenners

Stuart Watson in 'putting up a misleading quote for clickbait to get the rabid folks frothing at the mouth over nothing' shocker.

Yes, quite clearly Mick was talking about when he roams around, coming in off the right into the centre, rather than being a strict 'wide man' which is what the headline implies. If we do keep playing this 'shove all the forwards on the pitch at once' tactic, which I personally don't think we should, then Waghorn has to be the one on the right with McGoldrick in the centre. McG is clearly far too slow to play there effectively as there will be (and have been) occasions where a ball down the line to chase is on but he doesn't have the legs to get there. It was Waghorn cutting in from the right with a little bit of skill that got us the penalty on Saturday in any case.

Now THAT was a sensible reply . Have a thumbs UP !

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:35 - Nov 21 with 5443 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Context is everything

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:36 - Nov 21 with 5441 viewsHerbivore

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:17 - Nov 21 by LankHenners

In principle I agree, however when Waghorn has played on the right he's left us horribly exposed on that flank defensively (Fulham and Norwich games especially spring to mind) and for all Didz's flair he's always been decent at doing the dirty side of the game too so perhaps Mick trusts him more to be in the right place when we don't have the ball. It's not ideal but so long as Didz has freedom when we're in possession I'm not against him covering that flank when we don't have it. It's not like he has the pace to do much on the break, which Waghorn does offer if he has fewer defensive responsibilities. I'd prefer us to not have all four attacking players on the pitch though when we have Huws and Adeyemi back, I think 4-3-3 is the way to go.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:42 - Nov 21 with 5432 viewstextbackup

don't listen to the interviews anymore. but what I can say from watching with my own eyes is that its a crime to football seeing DMcG at right clearing the ball. (hats off to him for doing it for the team BTW)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:44 - Nov 21 with 5423 viewsSwansea_Blue

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:17 - Nov 21 by Luk38644

As much as I disagree with him that McGoldrick is suited to playing wide, he does say that in a 'fluid front four' where all the players are constantly changing roles and in different positions, McGoldrick suits that, which I agree with.

Watching McG on the left wing against Norwich was painful. Play him centrally and he will hurt teams. Celina to his left, Waggy to his right, Garner up top. Lovely job.

That's the crux of it. He's suited to a wide role as long as he doesn't stay out wide!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:52 - Nov 21 with 5403 viewsHerbivore

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:42 - Nov 21 by textbackup

don't listen to the interviews anymore. but what I can say from watching with my own eyes is that its a crime to football seeing DMcG at right clearing the ball. (hats off to him for doing it for the team BTW)

But if we're going to play with 4 forwards there will be times that they need to help out defensively, it's unavoidable.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:54 - Nov 21 with 5396 viewsm14_blue

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:52 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

But if we're going to play with 4 forwards there will be times that they need to help out defensively, it's unavoidable.

I really wish we'd play more midfielders and fewer forwards.
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:59 - Nov 21 with 5378 viewsHerbivore

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:54 - Nov 21 by m14_blue

I really wish we'd play more midfielders and fewer forwards.

I think we will once they're all fit. I suspect Mick will favour a 4-3-3 with Huws and Adeyemi either side of Skuse and any three from four of the forwards up top.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 20:07 - Nov 21 with 5358 viewsPJH

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:52 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

It certainly is.
It is great starting with those four because they are all different and are all threats to the opposition in their different ways but the fact is (obviously) that they all have to do their share of the work when we have not got the ball.
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 20:09 - Nov 21 with 5350 viewsPJH

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:59 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

I think we will once they're all fit. I suspect Mick will favour a 4-3-3 with Huws and Adeyemi either side of Skuse and any three from four of the forwards up top.

I think that that will probably have to be the case to get a fit Huws in the starting team because I cannot see any way that Huws plus "the four" can work.
Great attacking wise but not so defensively.
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 20:13 - Nov 21 with 5340 viewsm14_blue

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:59 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Yeah, very true.

That would appear to have a much better balance. Interested to see which of the front 4 drops out first.
on 20:32 - Nov 21 with 5297 views_

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:03 - Nov 21 by BackToRussia

Then he's a fool. Celina is clearly the more suited out of the two to play wide. He played wide all season for that Dutch team no??

McGoldrick is our slowest player, has played centrally all his life.

Stinks of bad judgement imo.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 20:33 - Nov 21 with 5291 viewsBackToRussia

on 20:32 - Nov 21 by _

Good memory.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 20:38 - Nov 21 with 5278 viewsPJH

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 18:15 - Nov 21 by No9

Not really surprising when you consider how man times we have seen town play poorly only for MM to say how good they were
The start of his rift with the fans I think?

You could be right because I don't think that it could possibly be that idiots verbally abusing him and his players had anything to do with starting the rift, could it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024