Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) 17:51 - Nov 21 with 7596 viewsArnieM

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mcgoldrick-suited-to-wide-role-says-mccarthy-1-52896

That's another player's game ruined then!! Did she didn't exactly look comfortable vs scum in that role. Suspect the loanee, Celina, has pushed Didsy out of his best , most influencial position.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:00 - Nov 21 with 1940 viewsHerbivore

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 20:13 - Nov 21 by m14_blue

Yeah, very true.

That would appear to have a much better balance. Interested to see which of the front 4 drops out first.

I'd expect a fair bit of rotation of the front 4 but my gut feeling is Waghorn would drop out initially. He's been very good since he joined us but I think the other three offer a little bit more. Saying that, I'd bring Waghorn on every game he doesn't start and I'd be using him regularly to give the others a rest during busy spells.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:01 - Nov 21 with 1936 viewsPJH

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:00 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

I'd expect a fair bit of rotation of the front 4 but my gut feeling is Waghorn would drop out initially. He's been very good since he joined us but I think the other three offer a little bit more. Saying that, I'd bring Waghorn on every game he doesn't start and I'd be using him regularly to give the others a rest during busy spells.

A booking in any of the next three games will see Garner drop out, for one game anyway.
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:07 - Nov 21 with 1924 viewsHerbivore

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:01 - Nov 21 by PJH

A booking in any of the next three games will see Garner drop out, for one game anyway.

Very true, be interested to see how we get on without him actually. He's been good for us but if Waghorn could do a similar job and still get amongst the goals it would really add to competition up top.

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:11 - Nov 21 with 1920 viewsPJH

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:07 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Very true, be interested to see how we get on without him actually. He's been good for us but if Waghorn could do a similar job and still get amongst the goals it would really add to competition up top.

Yes, I like Waghorn very much but I do not think that he would upset the opposition quite as much as Garner does.
I think Garner is the sort of player that you love having in your side but would detest him if he was playing against you.
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 08:12 - Nov 22 with 1885 viewsNo9

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 21:11 - Nov 21 by PJH

Yes, I like Waghorn very much but I do not think that he would upset the opposition quite as much as Garner does.
I think Garner is the sort of player that you love having in your side but would detest him if he was playing against you.

To be candid I don't like the style of play Garner indulges in- it's pub football but from where I sit that is MM's style
One of the reasons I go less & less
I admire those who travel away but I will not until MM is replaced
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 08:36 - Nov 22 with 1877 viewsitfcjoe

If you read his reasoning it makes sense in a way - it allows him more freedom.

I'm still not convinced we can accomodate both Waggy and McG in the roles they are playing - but all four front players (Garner, Waghorn, Celina and McGoldrick) are playing well in the current system, they are all scoring goals this year too.

Just enjoy what's actually happening rather than over analysing what Mick is saying.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 08:43 - Nov 22 with 1869 viewsPJH

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 08:12 - Nov 22 by No9

To be candid I don't like the style of play Garner indulges in- it's pub football but from where I sit that is MM's style
One of the reasons I go less & less
I admire those who travel away but I will not until MM is replaced

MM's style is to try to get results with what he has got and I see nothing wrong with that.
If I was not an ITFC supporter I do not imagine that I would be too impressed with them but I am and as the point of me (or anyone) supporting a team is to see them get results then however they get them is fine by me.
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 09:14 - Nov 22 with 1854 viewsHerbivore

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 08:43 - Nov 22 by PJH

MM's style is to try to get results with what he has got and I see nothing wrong with that.
If I was not an ITFC supporter I do not imagine that I would be too impressed with them but I am and as the point of me (or anyone) supporting a team is to see them get results then however they get them is fine by me.

There have been 52 goals in our games already this season, that's over 3 goals a game. I'd say that's pretty good for a dinosaur manager who doesn't like us to play positive football.

Login to get fewer ads

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 10:12 - Nov 22 with 1840 viewsPhilTWTD

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 08:36 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

If you read his reasoning it makes sense in a way - it allows him more freedom.

I'm still not convinced we can accomodate both Waggy and McG in the roles they are playing - but all four front players (Garner, Waghorn, Celina and McGoldrick) are playing well in the current system, they are all scoring goals this year too.

Just enjoy what's actually happening rather than over analysing what Mick is saying.

Mick did actually take issue with the position being referred to as a 'wide role', said it's not -

McCarthy: Our Front Four a Test for Anyone in This League 21st Nov 2017 17:02
Town boss Mick McCarthy believes any defence in the Championship would find it difficult playing against his current front four if they are on top of their game. 7

- which I think is fair, it's not like he's stuck out as an out-and-out winger. I think ideally McGoldrick would be in the centre of the three but Waggy didn't have the defensive discipline of Celina and McGoldrick when he was playing on the right.
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 11:58 - Nov 22 with 1804 viewsSomethingBlue

Somebody could do with reading the actual quotes here.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 13:20 - Nov 22 with 1769 viewsfinidiwoah

Kieffer will be back in the mix too come January..... that then leaves us with 5 forwards!
"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 13:30 - Nov 22 with 1755 viewsSuperfrans

"McGoldrick suited to wide role" ( Mick) on 19:42 - Nov 21 by textbackup

don't listen to the interviews anymore. but what I can say from watching with my own eyes is that its a crime to football seeing DMcG at right clearing the ball. (hats off to him for doing it for the team BTW)

To be fair, Neymar was doing exactly this for Brazil against England the other night. He did it 3/4 times at least, that I can remember.

If it's good enough for Neymar...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024