Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ashes on BT Sport 18:08 - Nov 21 with 21971 viewssparks

What a crock.

No way I can watch any of it without a BT Broadband subscription. Ridiculous. They are well on the way to destroying the support base, especially amongst younger people, for cricket, for short term financial gain.

At least when stuff is on Sky I can use the Now TV service and pay for the bits and pieces Im interested in as and when.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The Ashes on BT Sport on 21:38 - Nov 21 with 7867 viewsJohnny_Boy

The Ashes on BT Sport on 19:55 - Nov 21 by Colin_Viljoen

There's always Kodi

Some solid links on AdryanList.
The Ashes on BT Sport on 22:06 - Nov 21 with 7844 viewsRadlett_blue

The Ashes on BT Sport on 20:16 - Nov 21 by PJH

I remember when the second half of a league game which I think involved Blackpool was shown live on a Friday night(I think).
It must have been in the very early 1970's and the novelty value caused great excitement.

In a way it was nice when the only live club football on TV was the F.A. Cup Final and European Finals.

Live Test cricket on the BBC goes back at least until the early 1960's.

This has got nothing to do with who has got the TV rights for The Ashes but it certainly was a different world.

It was Blackpool v Bolton in September 1960. The game kicked off at 6:50pm & they only showed the 2nd half so as to allow fans to get home from other games to watch (how times have changed).
Arsenal were due to be on live the following week, but they withdrew permission & spurs did the same the following week so ITV abandoned the project.
Burnley chairman Bob Lord refused Match of the Day cameras to show highlights of any games from Turf Moor in the 1960s.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Ashes on BT Sport on 22:11 - Nov 21 with 7834 viewsPJH

The Ashes on BT Sport on 22:06 - Nov 21 by Radlett_blue

It was Blackpool v Bolton in September 1960. The game kicked off at 6:50pm & they only showed the 2nd half so as to allow fans to get home from other games to watch (how times have changed).
Arsenal were due to be on live the following week, but they withdrew permission & spurs did the same the following week so ITV abandoned the project.
Burnley chairman Bob Lord refused Match of the Day cameras to show highlights of any games from Turf Moor in the 1960s.

That long ago!

I remember watching it but did not realise that I was only 9 at the time, that explains why it was such a novelty.
I know the first F.A. Cup Final that I saw on TV was 1958, which I saw on a friends TV because we did not have one-I think we got one about that time though.
The Ashes on BT Sport on 22:17 - Nov 21 with 7819 viewsRadlett_blue

The Ashes on BT Sport on 20:22 - Nov 21 by Steve_M

Yes, odd strategy really as if it were on Sky I would watch a few hours at the weekend and highlights. There is one day-night Test but I doubt it's enough to persuade people to sign up for BT sport.

It's a totally different matter with a summer series, a couple of hours each evening and full days at the weekend - which is why I signed up to Sky in the end.

BT are paying Cricket Australia £80m over 5 years for the rights to all their home internationals (which obviously includes the Ashes plus ODIs etc) & the Big Bash. Hard to see any of this attracting much of an audience in the UK so not hard to see why Sky let it go.

The Ashes on BT Sport on 23:10 - Nov 21 with 7790 viewsbournemouthblue

The Ashes on BT Sport on 22:17 - Nov 21 by Radlett_blue

BT are paying Cricket Australia £80m over 5 years for the rights to all their home internationals (which obviously includes the Ashes plus ODIs etc) & the Big Bash. Hard to see any of this attracting much of an audience in the UK so not hard to see why Sky let it go.

The Big Bash is alright, I think over time people will begin to take BT more seriously

Sky aren't going to have it their way anymore

Fair play to BT for sticking up to Murdoch

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Ashes on BT Sport on 23:31 - Nov 21 with 7775 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

The Ashes on BT Sport on 22:06 - Nov 21 by Radlett_blue

This excellent post shows how much football has changed, and just how much the decision makers have stopped putting fans first.

Can you imagine in these modern times Sky, BT or anyone at the FA moving or altering transmission times so that fans have a chance to get home from the game they've just attended?

If one of the good TWTD folk invents a time machine, please let me travel back to September 1960 so I can watch The Mighty Blues win back-to-back titles and enjoy the game as it was intended!

TWTD
The Ashes on BT Sport on 00:18 - Nov 22 with 7752 viewsLord_Lucan

The Ashes on BT Sport on 20:23 - Nov 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

He's a wise man !

Just tried to download Mobdro for my laptop and it seems painfully complicated - any tips? Seems you have to download a heap of other things first.

Any ideas?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Ashes on BT Sport on 08:31 - Nov 22 with 7699 viewsitfcjoe

The Ashes on BT Sport on 23:10 - Nov 21 by bournemouthblue

The Big Bash is alright, I think over time people will begin to take BT more seriously

Sky aren't going to have it their way anymore

Fair play to BT for sticking up to Murdoch

All it does is punish the customers though who now have to pay double for sports!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

The Ashes on BT Sport on 08:35 - Nov 22 with 7691 viewsRadlett_blue

The Ashes on BT Sport on 08:31 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

All it does is punish the customers though who now have to pay double for sports!

BT are in a bit of a hole as their basic cash cow business is under pressure. They are trying subscription broadcasting, which requires a big initial investment, but they heaven't yet got the returns & subscriber growth has stalled. A bit of cricket isn't going to do it - maybe they try to out-bid Sky for the choice PL games in the next auction? Their current strategy of picking up the odd piece e.g. Champions' League hasn't done it so they need to go all in or fold, IMO.

The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:29 - Nov 22 with 7670 viewssolemio

The Ashes on BT Sport on 20:16 - Nov 21 by PJH

I remember when the second half of a league game which I think involved Blackpool was shown live on a Friday night(I think).
It must have been in the very early 1970's and the novelty value caused great excitement.

In a way it was nice when the only live club football on TV was the F.A. Cup Final and European Finals.

Live Test cricket on the BBC goes back at least until the early 1960's.

This has got nothing to do with who has got the TV rights for The Ashes but it certainly was a different world.

I watched live Test cricket on tv in 1952, England v India. It wasn't on all day, but you got long spells of play.
The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:29 - Nov 22 with 7670 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Boo, the sport I want to watch is on the pay TV service I don’t want to pay for rather than the one I do
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 9:30]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:34 - Nov 22 with 7663 viewssparks

The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:29 - Nov 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Boo, the sport I want to watch is on the pay TV service I don’t want to pay for rather than the one I do
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 9:30]

Happy to pay... not happy to change my broadband provider...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:35 - Nov 22 with 7659 viewstrncbluearmy

The Ashes on BT Sport on 00:18 - Nov 22 by Lord_Lucan

Just tried to download Mobdro for my laptop and it seems painfully complicated - any tips? Seems you have to download a heap of other things first.

Any ideas?

The apps on google play etc are not Mobdro

use this link

https://mobdroapp.com/mobdro-apk-download/
The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:41 - Nov 22 with 7651 viewsconnorscontract

The ECB destroyed the support base post-2005. Channel 4 provided a whole new fresh approach in production and commentary, the team played superbly (and had players with superstar appeal) the whole nation was behind them, and within a couple of years they sold out to sky.

But for you, and others, there may be another way...

As an EE mobile customer I received an email saying I could take 3 months free subscription to the BT app. Only usable on EE sim devices, but the law of averages suggests about a quarter of people on here could benefit from this.
The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:11 - Nov 22 with 7609 viewsLord_Lucan

The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:35 - Nov 22 by trncbluearmy

The apps on google play etc are not Mobdro

use this link

https://mobdroapp.com/mobdro-apk-download/

Thanks but I've tried that - and I've installed file viewer plus - and I installed some bluestack thing last night and I'm going round in circles.

Looks like it's TMS for me - I presume that's on DAB.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:23 - Nov 22 with 7594 viewsPJH

The Ashes on BT Sport on 09:29 - Nov 22 by solemio

I watched live Test cricket on tv in 1952, England v India. It wasn't on all day, but you got long spells of play.

The first I remember watching live on TV was the 1961 Ashes but I had no idea when Test cricket was first shown.
The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:23 - Nov 22 with 7594 viewsartsbossbeard

The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:11 - Nov 22 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks but I've tried that - and I've installed file viewer plus - and I installed some bluestack thing last night and I'm going round in circles.

I read that there's an early morning round up show available to all on the BT Sports website. I know it doesn't help for live viewing but a decent option still.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:54 - Nov 22 with 7576 viewsSnedders

The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:11 - Nov 22 by Lord_Lucan

I use Sports Donkey - £50 for a years subscription - Or get a day pass for a fiver and test it out

Can view in browser, ipad/iphone app, android app, through kodi etc...

Had it for 3 months, absolutely brilliant
The Ashes on BT Sport on 12:02 - Nov 22 with 7565 viewsRyorry

The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:54 - Nov 22 by Snedders

I use Sports Donkey - £50 for a years subscription - Or get a day pass for a fiver and test it out

Ta, may give that a go tonight.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Ashes on BT Sport on 12:22 - Nov 22 with 7543 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The Ashes on BT Sport on 19:18 - Nov 21 by gainsboroughblue

I nearly ended my BT subscription last year, then news broke of the Ashes deal. I do wonder what percentage of this population will be able to watch though as I know very few people who have BT sport.

European football is the same

All on BT

The Monopoly is changing hands!!!
The Ashes on BT Sport on 12:56 - Nov 22 with 7518 viewsLord_Lucan

The Ashes on BT Sport on 11:23 - Nov 22 by artsbossbeard

I read that there's an early morning round up show available to all on the BT Sports website. I know it doesn't help for live viewing but a decent option still.

Useless information.

The first ball of the first test at The Ashes in OZ is one of the greatest sporting highlights ever.

The Ashes on BT Sport on 12:57 - Nov 22 with 7513 viewsLord_Lucan

Thanks Snedders, that's more like it. I'll give it a bash.

The Ashes on BT Sport on 12:58 - Nov 22 with 7510 viewsPJH

The Ashes on BT Sport on 12:56 - Nov 22 by Lord_Lucan

Useless information.

The first ball of the first test at The Ashes in OZ is one of the greatest sporting highlights ever.

Unless Steve Harmison is bowling it.
The Ashes on BT Sport on 12:59 - Nov 22 with 7509 viewschicoazul

The Ashes on BT Sport on 18:23 - Nov 21 by Ftnfwest

It was destroyed when terrestrial sold out

Yep. I think the 2005 Ashes got nearly 10m viewers for the 4th test.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Ashes on BT Sport on 13:58 - Nov 22 with 7468 viewsLord_Lucan

Do you reckon the day pass will finish at midnight just as the first ball is happening - or is it 24 hours. Actually I may as well get a week pass thinking about it.

Ignore me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024