Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kids Tablet question (sorry) 18:44 - Nov 21 with 2084 viewstextbackup

Before I ask - I'm ultra against kids having these devices, BUT having seen some of the learning tools on them I'm swaying towards them.

Has anyone on here got the fire 7 device from amazon?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:50 - Nov 21 with 2063 viewsJ2BLUE

I've got one. They are good for what they are. I use mine for browsing the web and Sky Go. The screen resolution is ok but not amazing. I found the Amazon store to be quite limited but it has picked up a bit in recent times. Unfortunately you can't access the play store.

Have you seen that they are £29.99 from midnight tonight? I'm buying my brother the 8 HD for Christmas and it might be worth holding fire as i'm expecting a decent discount on that and it's a better tablet with a better screen resolution and a bigger screen. I'm hoping to see it come down from £80 to £50 like at Target in America. They usually slash all their own stuff for Black Friday.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:53 - Nov 21 with 2057 viewstextbackup

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:50 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

I've got one. They are good for what they are. I use mine for browsing the web and Sky Go. The screen resolution is ok but not amazing. I found the Amazon store to be quite limited but it has picked up a bit in recent times. Unfortunately you can't access the play store.

Have you seen that they are £29.99 from midnight tonight? I'm buying my brother the 8 HD for Christmas and it might be worth holding fire as i'm expecting a decent discount on that and it's a better tablet with a better screen resolution and a bigger screen. I'm hoping to see it come down from £80 to £50 like at Target in America. They usually slash all their own stuff for Black Friday.

this is purely the kids edition i'm looking at, already discounted from £99.99 to £69.99.. surely they aren't going down further to £29.99?!

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:54 - Nov 21 with 2052 viewsJ2BLUE

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:53 - Nov 21 by textbackup

this is purely the kids edition i'm looking at, already discounted from £99.99 to £69.99.. surely they aren't going down further to £29.99?!

My bad, sorry, thought you were getting the Kindle Fire 7 for your kids. Didn't realise there was a kids' version of that.

Truly impaired.

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:57 - Nov 21 with 2041 viewstextbackup

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:54 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

My bad, sorry, thought you were getting the Kindle Fire 7 for your kids. Didn't realise there was a kids' version of that.

lol no worries, ta for the reply though.

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 19:08 - Nov 21 with 2019 viewsjeera

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:54 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Have you got swype or similar on yours?

For some bizarre reason mine, ( the 5), accepted it for awhile and then it disappeared and I've no way of getting it back.

I get fed up of typing a letter at a time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 19:35 - Nov 21 with 1990 viewsJ2BLUE

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 19:08 - Nov 21 by jeera

Have you got swype or similar on yours?

For some bizarre reason mine, ( the 5), accepted it for awhile and then it disappeared and I've no way of getting it back.

I get fed up of typing a letter at a time.

Never heard of swype.

Truly impaired.

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 19:40 - Nov 21 with 1980 viewsjeera

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 19:35 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Never heard of swype.

You know. Keyboard thingummy.

Traces your typing as opposed to needing to tap one at a time.

Swipe = Swype.

Edit: Prediction text app etc.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 19:44]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 20:03 - Nov 21 with 1952 viewsJ2BLUE

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 19:40 - Nov 21 by jeera

You know. Keyboard thingummy.

Traces your typing as opposed to needing to tap one at a time.

Swipe = Swype.

Edit: Prediction text app etc.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 19:44]

Ahh I hate predictive text, I never use it.

If Texters or anyone else is interested in the Fire 8 HD I mentioned it seems to be £49.99 at Very from 8am tomorrow:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/heads-up-from-22-nov-7-8am-black-friday-preview

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 20:20 - Nov 21 with 1929 viewshoppy

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 18:53 - Nov 21 by textbackup

We got Yasmin one last Christmas. It can actually be used as a regular fire if you wanted to, but with the Kids edition you subscribe and log in and she can only access age appropriate content. It’s really good and she’s learned a lot with hers.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 20:26 - Nov 21 with 1916 viewsgtsb1966

In my day this was a kids tablet.
Kids Tablet question (sorry) on 21:51 - Nov 21 with 1862 viewsBurwell_Blue

I personally wouldn’t bother. The eco system is a little restricted for these, limited to Amazon only.

I’ve had a Fire HD, various Android devices and iPads. You simple cannot beat Apple. Look for an iPad mini2. Should be low £££ for one of those.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024