Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
200% on televised football in East Anglia 20:45 - Nov 21 with 3207 viewsSteve_M

I only remember the end of all this but I'm sure it'll bring back some memories for those a few years older.

http://twohundredpercent.net/televised-football-regions-anglia-punching-above-we

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:50 - Nov 21 with 3165 viewsgtsb1966

I might be wrong here but I'm sure at the end of Match of the Week you used to get goals from elsewhere. Gerry Harrison did East Anglia, Hugh Johns the Midlands, Brian Moore London area and Gerald Sinstadt the North West. Anymore?
200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:52 - Nov 21 with 3158 viewsPJH

Yes, I remember all that-including Hull being part of East Anglia regarding football.
200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:53 - Nov 21 with 3149 viewsbluefunk

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:50 - Nov 21 by gtsb1966

I might be wrong here but I'm sure at the end of Match of the Week you used to get goals from elsewhere. Gerry Harrison did East Anglia, Hugh Johns the Midlands, Brian Moore London area and Gerald Sinstadt the North West. Anymore?

I think that was a later innovation - a bit like match of the day, when it started there was just the one game iirc
200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:56 - Nov 21 with 3130 viewsgtsb1966

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:53 - Nov 21 by bluefunk

I think that was a later innovation - a bit like match of the day, when it started there was just the one game iirc

As a kid I always remember Alan Biley of Cambridge. Seemed to score evey week on the program. Match of the Week used to follow Farming Diary.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 21:02]
200% on televised football in East Anglia on 09:05 - Nov 22 with 2944 viewspoppiesman

BT Sport are showing a few episodes every week of 'The Big Match' with Brian Moore from the 1976/77, and often show the Anglia game too with Gerry Harrison the commentator.
Very interesting to watch, with the awful pitches, standing terraces, old kits and back passes being picked up by goalkeepers, who more often than not are not wearing gloves, all very weird to see.
200% on televised football in East Anglia on 10:13 - Nov 22 with 2876 viewsPJH

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 09:05 - Nov 22 by poppiesman

BT Sport are showing a few episodes every week of 'The Big Match' with Brian Moore from the 1976/77, and often show the Anglia game too with Gerry Harrison the commentator.
Very interesting to watch, with the awful pitches, standing terraces, old kits and back passes being picked up by goalkeepers, who more often than not are not wearing gloves, all very weird to see.

Yes, you must have been watching that weird pastime from the days before football was invented by SKY.
200% on televised football in East Anglia on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 2870 viewsBluebell

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 09:05 - Nov 22 by poppiesman

I love the short shorts of those days.
200% on televised football in East Anglia on 10:40 - Nov 22 with 2819 viewsCaptainObvious

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:56 - Nov 21 by gtsb1966

As a kid I always remember Alan Biley of Cambridge. Seemed to score evey week on the program. Match of the Week used to follow Farming Diary.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2017 21:02]

Assist from Steve Spriggs

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Login to get fewer ads

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 10:54 - Nov 22 with 2800 viewsRadlett_blue

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 20:53 - Nov 21 by bluefunk

I could get LWT & a slightly fuzzy Anglia picture & in the 1970s The Big Match was on an hour before Match of the Week, so I got a double dose, much to my parents' distaste.
It was quite early on that The Big Match used to show the goals from most of the other regions after their game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 11:18 - Nov 22 with 2761 viewsRyorry

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 10:17 - Nov 22 by Bluebell

I love the short shorts of those days.

You & me both!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 11:39 - Nov 22 with 2732 viewsWeWereZombies

Never realised that the 'Knights' statue was Robert the Bruce - backed by Handel's Fireworks Music, very East Anglian. Didn't 'Bygones' with Dick Joyce used to follow 'Match of the Week'?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 11:51 - Nov 22 with 2718 viewsSteve_M

200% on televised football in East Anglia on 11:39 - Nov 22 by WeWereZombies

Never realised that the 'Knights' statue was Robert the Bruce - backed by Handel's Fireworks Music, very East Anglian. Didn't 'Bygones' with Dick Joyce used to follow 'Match of the Week'?

Or maybe Richard the Lionheart if you read the blurb here. Just reading about it is highly evocative of childhood though isn't it?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024