Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 point out of 15 since they beat us 21:38 - Nov 21 with 7405 viewsgainsboroughblue

That actually makes me more annoyed we lost to them bastids. They really are no great shakes are they?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

1 point out of 15 since they beat us on 08:08 - Nov 22 with 2338 viewsNo9

BUT, unfortunately they still left PR with all points
1 point out of 15 since they beat us on 08:11 - Nov 22 with 2339 viewsbournemouthblue

1 point out of 15 since they beat us on 21:43 - Nov 21 by unstableblue

we had plenty of energy in the first half against Norwich, but it was all a little headless and manic, relying on effort rather than systems, and clever movement/passing.

Second half we tired and their better quality came out.

we have to start realising that movement, system, positioning, making the ball work, combined 'with the ugly' stuff, is how we will beat them muppets, and truly progress as a team

Their big centre backs also cancelled us out a bit, with too much hoofing and not enough ball to feet

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 08:16 - Nov 22 with 2327 viewsHerbivore

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 00:26 - Nov 22 by TheBlueBarca

Still in denial.

We were awful.

In denial? My summary was spot on. Yours on the other hand sounds an awful lot like a blub.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 08:18 - Nov 22 with 2320 viewsNo9

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 00:26 - Nov 22 by TheBlueBarca

Still in denial.

We were awful.

Yep, Town surrendered the middle of the park (as per usual) allowing the budgies to control the game.
I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 11:39 - Nov 22 with 2266 viewsMach_foreignBlue

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 08:18 - Nov 22 by No9

Yep, Town surrendered the middle of the park (as per usual) allowing the budgies to control the game.

Yes and some people claim we gave them a good go. Watching 2nd half and all those notorious long balls was painful. We could have played until now and we still wouldn't score.
Hardly need to "call out" outers.... on 12:49 - Nov 22 with 2236 viewsBloots

Wasn't disputing that.... on 23:10 - Nov 21 by BackToRussia

coming from the man who starts thread calling out "outers." If you don't want it to be divisive maybe don't sow division.

....they make their opinion abundantly clear, as is their right.

I started a thread noting how some people go missing if we don't lose.

A perfectly valid point.

My comment here, that's upset you, was purely that not every thread needs to be hijacked.

It's a sad state of affairs when we can't even slag off Norwich without it being turned into an anti McCarthy thread, as has happened here.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 13:08 - Nov 22 with 2219 viewsOsborneOneNil

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 21:53 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Combination of bad luck and bad finishing in the first half and some poor defending and tired legs in the second half.

Exactly that.
I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 14:07 - Nov 22 with 2186 viewsHerbivore

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 11:39 - Nov 22 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yes and some people claim we gave them a good go. Watching 2nd half and all those notorious long balls was painful. We could have played until now and we still wouldn't score.

I like the way that certain posters won't acknowledge that we had a decent half in a game that ended in defeat but are quite happy to talk at length about poor halves we've had in victory.

First half against Norwich we played well and should have been a goal up, Didz missed a free header that he should've scored and Knudsen's shot that hit the post could easily have gone in whilst we restricted them to pot shots from 25 yards. We were the better side, even scum fans that I know reluctantly admit as much. Second half, not much happened until we gifted them a soft goal and they successfully killed the game with us having no idea how to counter it and yes, it was frustrating and poor. However, listen to some fans and we were taught a footballing lesson and never came close to troubling Norwich and that is simply not an honest appraisal of the whole game.

Contrast that with the Preston game which whenever anyone dares to say it was a good, convincing win it immediately gets thrown at them by the same posters that the first half was awful. It was, to be fair, but the second half certainly wasn't. So why can't we reflect on a positive half in defeat if it's okay to wallow in a poor half when we win? Why is it acceptable to continually mention a poor first half in a 3-0 win but not to mention a decent first half in a narrow 1-0 loss?

It feels like some posters are absolutely desperate to focus only on the negatives and it is rather tiresome and ignores the reality of what is actually happening on the pitch. If you're only willing to consider the sh!t then everything will always seem sh!t, which is why it's more healthy (and accurate) to take a balanced view. We're inconsistent, at times we're good and at other times we're poor, sometimes we're just very average. With all that, we're scoring plenty of goals, winning games and we're close to the top 6 with games in hand. Things could be an awful lot worse.

Login to get fewer ads

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 14:29 - Nov 22 with 2161 viewsconnorscontract

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 21:53 - Nov 21 by textbackup

MMs stats in Derby games across his entire career is a reason I could list. Something like 19 games, 2 wins.

Mick and Terry should be given a week off for the away match and Terry Butcher and Fab brought in as Special Guest Managers (Danny Haynes and Alex Mathie as physios).
1 point out of 15 since they beat us on 14:33 - Nov 22 with 2154 viewsGeoffSentence

Their current form is the worst in the division.

Which is nice.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 15:03 - Nov 22 with 2143 viewsBloots

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 14:07 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

I like the way that certain posters won't acknowledge that we had a decent half in a game that ended in defeat but are quite happy to talk at length about poor halves we've had in victory.

First half against Norwich we played well and should have been a goal up, Didz missed a free header that he should've scored and Knudsen's shot that hit the post could easily have gone in whilst we restricted them to pot shots from 25 yards. We were the better side, even scum fans that I know reluctantly admit as much. Second half, not much happened until we gifted them a soft goal and they successfully killed the game with us having no idea how to counter it and yes, it was frustrating and poor. However, listen to some fans and we were taught a footballing lesson and never came close to troubling Norwich and that is simply not an honest appraisal of the whole game.

Contrast that with the Preston game which whenever anyone dares to say it was a good, convincing win it immediately gets thrown at them by the same posters that the first half was awful. It was, to be fair, but the second half certainly wasn't. So why can't we reflect on a positive half in defeat if it's okay to wallow in a poor half when we win? Why is it acceptable to continually mention a poor first half in a 3-0 win but not to mention a decent first half in a narrow 1-0 loss?

It feels like some posters are absolutely desperate to focus only on the negatives and it is rather tiresome and ignores the reality of what is actually happening on the pitch. If you're only willing to consider the sh!t then everything will always seem sh!t, which is why it's more healthy (and accurate) to take a balanced view. We're inconsistent, at times we're good and at other times we're poor, sometimes we're just very average. With all that, we're scoring plenty of goals, winning games and we're close to the top 6 with games in hand. Things could be an awful lot worse.

Waste.

Of.

Time.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 15:05 - Nov 22 with 2138 viewsHerbivore

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 15:03 - Nov 22 by Bloots

Waste.

Of.

Time.

Most likely, but when the voices of reason fall silent no good can come of it.

1 point out of 15 since they beat us on 15:45 - Nov 22 with 2110 viewsunstableblue

1 point out of 15 since they beat us on 08:11 - Nov 22 by bournemouthblue

Their big centre backs also cancelled us out a bit, with too much hoofing and not enough ball to feet

We also threw in a good dose of head tennis

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 17:54 - Nov 22 with 2060 viewsBackToRussia

I watched a stream of it tonight..... on 15:05 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

Most likely, but when the voices of reason fall silent no good can come of it.

Self appointed.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024