Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. 00:59 - Nov 22 with 2778 viewshomer_123

If that is not bad enough....get ready for 'open' banking where your data and spending habits will be shared 'securely' with third parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42075306

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/The_disruptors_money_changing
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 1:04]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

on 01:09 - Nov 22 with 2755 views_

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 07:48 - Nov 22 with 2632 viewsNo9

Is it illegal to pay the hackers to cover up?
So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:04 - Nov 22 with 2612 viewsDanTheMan

"Uber did not confirm precise details of the hack, but according to Bloomberg's report, two hackers were able to access a private area of Github, an online resource for developers.

From there it is understood they found Uber's log-in credentials to Amazon Web Services. AWS is a cloud computing service used by companies to store data."

Hahahahaha. For a company the size of Uber, that is amateur hour stuff.

Don't store your API keys with your code, but if you do at least encrypt them. This is a solved problem.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:06 - Nov 22 with 2601 viewsbournemouthblue

Data is the new oil as far as the tech companies are concerned

I see the banks are starting to develop an interest in Cryptocurrencies also

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:09 - Nov 22 with 2597 viewsTractorWood

on 01:09 - Nov 22 by _

The future is great. Come and join it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:09 - Nov 22 with 2597 viewsNo9

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:06 - Nov 22 by bournemouthblue

Data is the new oil as far as the tech companies are concerned

I see the banks are starting to develop an interest in Cryptocurrencies also

It will soon be time to revert to Grandpa's bank = money under the marital mattress
So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:24 - Nov 22 with 2579 viewsfactual_blue

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:04 - Nov 22 by DanTheMan

"Uber did not confirm precise details of the hack, but according to Bloomberg's report, two hackers were able to access a private area of Github, an online resource for developers.

From there it is understood they found Uber's log-in credentials to Amazon Web Services. AWS is a cloud computing service used by companies to store data."

Hahahahaha. For a company the size of Uber, that is amateur hour stuff.

Don't store your API keys with your code, but if you do at least encrypt them. This is a solved problem.

Github?

Is that what OG is up to these days?

Sounds as reputable as Moosehub.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:50 - Nov 22 with 2559 viewstcblue

This must be getting increasingly inconvenient. Also, I don't think it'll 'protect' you in the way that you assume.
Login to get fewer ads

on 09:26 - Nov 22 with 2530 views_

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:50 - Nov 22 by tcblue

This must be getting increasingly inconvenient. Also, I don't think it'll 'protect' you in the way that you assume.

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 10:36 - Nov 22 with 2495 viewsJ2BLUE

Each to their own but not sure I could function without internet banking. I've got my mum to sign up to it and she finds dealing with her finances far easier now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 11:52 - Nov 22 with 2458 viewsNo9

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 10:36 - Nov 22 by J2BLUE

Each to their own but not sure I could function without internet banking. I've got my mum to sign up to it and she finds dealing with her finances far easier now.

Internet banking maybe OK when we have a secure telecoms system until then you are wide open to fraud
So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 13:31 - Nov 22 with 2416 viewsDanTheMan

So, Uber hid a data breach/ hack that affected around 57 million users. on 08:24 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

Github?

Is that what OG is up to these days?

Sounds as reputable as Moosehub.

I know you jest but it's where pretty much everyone stores their code these days if they use git (a version control system).

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024