Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Ipswich Pubs 11:47 - Nov 22 with 2221 viewshype313

Having a major blank, what was the name of the pub on Clapgate lane which is now a kids nursery?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Old Ipswich Pubs on 11:49 - Nov 22 with 2220 viewsartsbossbeard

Duke of Gloucester

Many a happy afternoon drinking sessions there.

EDIT: What was the name of the beach bar on the docks that used to be The Blue Riband? Buckets of iced Corona's/Sol's sitting in a deckchair on sand, whilst it chucked it down outside.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 11:58]

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Old Ipswich Pubs on 12:48 - Nov 22 with 2157 viewsJohnny_Boy

Old Ipswich Pubs on 11:49 - Nov 22 by artsbossbeard

Duke of Gloucester

EDIT: What was the name of the beach bar on the docks that used to be The Blue Riband? Buckets of iced Corona's/Sol's sitting in a deckchair on sand, whilst it chucked it down outside.

On a side note.

The Cock & Pye.

Not been in there for years, mainly as its a bit out of the way when I visit PR. Anywho, whilst I was at College, I probably spent half of my education in that establishment.

I don't think I've ever frequented a pub (regularly) where they kept changing which side the bar was situated. I first remember it being on the Right (as you walk in), then they swapped it over to the Left, then they had it in the Right.

God knows what side it's currently on now. And the bloody cost too! I have no idea how much that expense would be, but it can't be cheap.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 12:50]
Old Ipswich Pubs on 12:52 - Nov 22 with 2139 viewsLord_Lucan

Duke of Gloucester

Yes I spent many a session in there.

The one you mentioned was where I watched the 1990 semi final, I think my beer was resting on a surfboard when we equalised and then it wasn't there anymore.

It was called ..................................feck it I've forgotten.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Old Ipswich Pubs on 13:05 - Nov 22 with 2099 viewsCaptainObvious

Duke of Gloucester

Spuds?

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Old Ipswich Pubs on 13:28 - Nov 22 with 2059 viewsartsbossbeard

Old Ipswich Pubs on 13:05 - Nov 22 by CaptainObvious

Spuds?

I think you're right!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Old Ipswich Pubs on 13:42 - Nov 22 with 2033 viewsLord_Lucan

Old Ipswich Pubs on 13:05 - Nov 22 by CaptainObvious

Spuds?

Bügger. It just came to me and you have beaten me to it.

10 Buds in a bucket for a tenner.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Old Ipswich Pubs on 13:48 - Nov 22 with 2024 viewshype313

Old Ipswich Pubs on 12:48 - Nov 22 by Johnny_Boy

On a side note.

The Cock & Pye.

Not been in there for years, mainly as its a bit out of the way when I visit PR. Anywho, whilst I was at College, I probably spent half of my education in that establishment.

I don't think I've ever frequented a pub (regularly) where they kept changing which side the bar was situated. I first remember it being on the Right (as you walk in), then they swapped it over to the Left, then they had it in the Right.

God knows what side it's currently on now. And the bloody cost too! I have no idea how much that expense would be, but it can't be cheap.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 12:50]

Cock n Pye was a brilliant pub when Ady had it, especially the days when the bar was on the left, but unfortunately it went downhill after he passed away, and now it resembles a bog standard hotel reception.

It's a Greene King pub which is no surprise it's a bag o sh1te.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024