Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, all change but things will remain the same in Zimbabwe 12:56 - Nov 22 with 872 viewshomer_123

with Emmerson Mnangagwa coming in from exile to take over from Mugabe.

This is a man with as much, if not more, blood on his hands as Mugabe. I just can't see how Zanu-PF are going to do anything other than keep control - elections due next year and time will tell if these are genuine open elections.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, all change but things will remain the same in Zimbabwe on 12:57 - Nov 22 with 861 viewsDeano69

Overthrowing radicals in many other countries has worked so well. What a world we live in.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

So, all change but things will remain the same in Zimbabwe on 13:35 - Nov 22 with 833 viewsGuthrum

Mnangagwa may not have any choice but to be more cooperative.

He lacks the status that Mugabe had as the leader who brought independence to Zimbabwe and his vast time in office. He also owes a lot of people favours, especially the army but also including the opposition (who made no trouble and cooperated in removing the former President). He is also being watched closely by regional powers and other international observers.

Plus he will need the assistance of everyone, internal and external, to improve the dire state of Zimbabwe's economy.

And he's 75. Mnangagwa is not himself a very long-term option.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, all change but things will remain the same in Zimbabwe on 14:01 - Nov 22 with 810 viewsSteve_M

I suppose it's possible that Mnangagwa might at least realise the country is fecked economically and be able to step away from Mugabe's disastrous policies. There is more chance of that from him than Grace Mugabe I suspect.

I fear your prognosis is more likely though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024