Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budget 13:31 - Nov 22 with 16624 viewsArcher4721

Hammond looks petrified, no doubt he'll find the money to look after his paymasters though.

Any coincidence the number of Tories wearing orange today?
Budget on 13:36 - Nov 22 with 7678 viewsStokieBlue

I'm no Hammond fan but seems counter-productive to start the budget discussion with a silly couple of jibes.

Why not wait to hear what he has to say and then get stuck into that?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Budget on 13:38 - Nov 22 with 7668 viewscrunchie1978

Sounds good so far.....looks like they are tackling the major problem of our and future generations in building more affordable housing.
Budget on 13:43 - Nov 22 with 7647 viewsPinewoodblue

Budget on 13:38 - Nov 22 by crunchie1978

Sounds good so far.....looks like they are tackling the major problem of our and future generations in building more affordable housing.

Tell us how many houses have been built and sold at a 20% discount since Cameron & Osborn announced the scheme?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Budget on 13:44 - Nov 22 with 7642 viewsArcher4721

Budget on 13:36 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

I'm no Hammond fan but seems counter-productive to start the budget discussion with a silly couple of jibes.

Why not wait to hear what he has to say and then get stuck into that?

SB

It's an observation Stokers, all the good stuff (sweetners) doesn't come until the end anyway. It'll be interesting to see how much backtracking and money he now manages to find for services and all the things that have been starved of money for the last seven years, now that he's part of a very a weak government.
Budget on 13:47 - Nov 22 with 7614 viewsJ2BLUE

Looks petrified? You're watching a different budget to me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Budget on 13:47 - Nov 22 with 7612 viewsGlasgowBlue

Budget on 13:43 - Nov 22 by Pinewoodblue

Tell us how many houses have been built and sold at a 20% discount since Cameron & Osborn announced the scheme?

Cameron and Osborne are gone. We should judge this budget on it's own merits.

Some of the proposals around housing sound very good but it's always best to wait until the dust has settled before passing judgement.

On a side note it seems Jezza isn't bothering to reply to what was actually in the budget but is instead delivering a party political broadcast.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Budget on 13:48 - Nov 22 with 7605 viewsGlasgowBlue

Budget on 13:47 - Nov 22 by J2BLUE

Of course he is. What else do you expect from Trolly McTrollface?

Iron Lion Zion

Budget on 13:52 - Nov 22 with 7589 viewsArcher4721

Budget on 13:48 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Of course he is. What else do you expect from Trolly McTrollface?

Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness..But we already knew that.
Login to get fewer ads

Budget on 13:52 - Nov 22 with 7585 viewsArcher4721

Budget on 13:47 - Nov 22 by J2BLUE

You didn't see him at the start then?
Budget on 13:53 - Nov 22 with 7584 viewshype313

We get it, you don't like the Tories.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Budget on 13:54 - Nov 22 with 7580 viewsStokieBlue

Budget on 13:47 - Nov 22 by GlasgowBlue

Cameron and Osborne are gone. We should judge this budget on it's own merits.

Some of the proposals around housing sound very good but it's always best to wait until the dust has settled before passing judgement.

On a side note it seems Jezza isn't bothering to reply to what was actually in the budget but is instead delivering a party political broadcast.

He's having a bit of a meltdown, he's yelling constantly, losing his rag and then not addressing the actual budget.

It's a bit strange. He might have valid points but he's not delivering them well.

SB

Budget on 13:55 - Nov 22 with 7572 viewsJ2BLUE

Budget on 13:52 - Nov 22 by Archer4721

You didn't see him at the start then?

Watched it from the beginning.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Budget on 13:56 - Nov 22 with 7564 viewsGlasgowBlue

Budget on 13:53 - Nov 22 by hype313

He doesn't? I really hadn't noticed. Perhaps he should make this clearer.

Iron Lion Zion

Budget on 13:57 - Nov 22 with 7560 viewsArcher4721

Budget on 13:54 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

He's having a bit of a meltdown, he's yelling constantly, losing his rag and then not addressing the actual budget.

It's a bit strange. He might have valid points but he's not delivering them well.

SB

The Speaker keeps stopping him because all the Knobs opposite keep shouting, interupting and won't let him speak!
Budget on 13:59 - Nov 22 with 7544 viewshype313

Budget on 13:57 - Nov 22 by Archer4721

The Speaker keeps stopping him because all the Knobs opposite keep shouting, interupting and won't let him speak!

He's the worst public speaker in the history of political parties.

Budget on 14:05 - Nov 22 with 7518 viewsArcher4721

Budget on 13:59 - Nov 22 by hype313

He's the worst public speaker in the history of political parties.

We get it, you don't like Labour.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 14:06]
Budget on 14:05 - Nov 22 with 7517 viewsStokieBlue

Budget on 13:57 - Nov 22 by Archer4721

At the start of the speech I agree, he was interrupted but that hasn't continued and his demeanor and delivery hasn't changed as it's progressed.

I'm not sure it counters the point that his speech is supposed to counter the budget, not be a random collection of what Labour would do across the board.

Someone has just pointed that out to him in the first question, I do accept it's hard to counter the budget on short-notice like the leader of the opposition has to but they should at least try.

SB
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 14:07]

Budget on 14:16 - Nov 22 with 7479 viewsfactual_blue

Budget on 13:53 - Nov 22 by hype313

Nothing to like though, is there?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Budget on 14:17 - Nov 22 with 7477 viewsblue_oyster

Even more hand outs for the 'millennials', to try and desperately steal some votes back from Corbyn. They haven't got any idea of what they are trying to do.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Budget on 14:25 - Nov 22 with 7448 viewsgerard1947

Budget on 13:38 - Nov 22 by crunchie1978

It's not just about building more affordable house whilst of course that helps. We have a generation of young people who are simply not earning enough to leave home. This includes many educated to a level far higher than those who have gone before. If the parental money tree can't be shaken many cannot see a way out.

Unfortunately I fear many can't see much further than a life living at home, on low wages, temporary contracts, zero hour contracts and unpaid internships. Buying houses as an investment by those with money helps to keep prices high. I'll admit this does provide rental stock but at the expensive of those wishing to get onto the housing ladder.

Until the economy improves dramatically or radical steps are taken to increase the pay of ordinary young people I fear affordable housing policies will be nothing but weasel words. If things were different demand would naturally dictate supply.

In my lifetime I have seen the standard of living in this country rise for each generation until this one. I really feel for their future.
Budget on 14:59 - Nov 22 with 7378 viewshype313

Budget on 14:16 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

Nothing to like though, is there?

Valid point.

Budget on 15:00 - Nov 22 with 7371 viewshype313

Budget on 14:05 - Nov 22 by Archer4721

We get it, you don't like Labour.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 14:06]

Not in this current state.

Budget on 15:51 - Nov 22 with 7314 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Budget on 14:17 - Nov 22 by blue_oyster

Even more hand outs for the 'millennials', to try and desperately steal some votes back from Corbyn. They haven't got any idea of what they are trying to do.

Boo, the Tories never do anything to help the young

Boo, the Tories are only doing things for the young to try and get their votes

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

on 15:57 - Nov 22 with 7292 views_

Budget on 15:51 - Nov 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Boo, the Tories never do anything to help the young

Boo, the Tories are only doing things for the young to try and get their votes

Budget on 16:00 - Nov 22 with 7277 viewsArcher4721

Budget on 14:25 - Nov 22 by gerard1947

It's not just about building more affordable house whilst of course that helps. We have a generation of young people who are simply not earning enough to leave home. This includes many educated to a level far higher than those who have gone before. If the parental money tree can't be shaken many cannot see a way out.

Unfortunately I fear many can't see much further than a life living at home, on low wages, temporary contracts, zero hour contracts and unpaid internships. Buying houses as an investment by those with money helps to keep prices high. I'll admit this does provide rental stock but at the expensive of those wishing to get onto the housing ladder.

Until the economy improves dramatically or radical steps are taken to increase the pay of ordinary young people I fear affordable housing policies will be nothing but weasel words. If things were different demand would naturally dictate supply.

In my lifetime I have seen the standard of living in this country rise for each generation until this one. I really feel for their future.

Great post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024