Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a poor crowd 19:47 - Nov 22 with 3039 viewsBlueNomad

Blame the trains for a couple of hundred of us but there really should be far more.
Such a poor crowd on 20:37 - Nov 22 with 2955 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm not there tonight because the trains

Feels weird not being there tbh

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Such a poor crowd on 00:42 - Nov 23 with 2832 viewshoppy

Before it was announced, I said 15,724... so was only 22 people out, as far as officially announced numbers go, anyway!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Such a poor crowd on 00:48 - Nov 23 with 2820 viewsjeera

I'd have thought that midweek, late November, and on TV, plus the trains, as you say, that figure would make sense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Such a poor crowd on 00:59 - Nov 23 with 2805 viewsBrixtonBlue

Such a poor crowd on 20:37 - Nov 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I'm not there tonight because the trains

Feels weird not being there tbh

What's the problem with the trains from Romford? No engineering works during the week.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Such a poor crowd on 01:01 - Nov 23 with 2800 viewsBrixtonBlue

It's TV, obviously. The trains are no different to any other midweek if coming from London (dunno about other directions).

Sheff Weds brought a good lot considering the distance most of them will have had to travel.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Such a poor crowd on 01:01 - Nov 23 with 2797 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Such a poor crowd on 00:59 - Nov 23 by BrixtonBlue

What's the problem with the trains from Romford? No engineering works during the week.

The trains leaving and getting from Romford - Ipswich were not good at all. £25 was the cheapest even with a railcard, and that left and 4:50 and got in at 6:22

Which is a disgrace imo. Romford to Witton (nearest stop to villa) cost me £11 for Saturday.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 1:02]

Such a poor crowd on 01:25 - Nov 23 with 2752 viewsBrixtonBlue

Such a poor crowd on 01:01 - Nov 23 by The_Romford_Blue

The trains leaving and getting from Romford - Ipswich were not good at all. £25 was the cheapest even with a railcard, and that left and 4:50 and got in at 6:22

Which is a disgrace imo. Romford to Witton (nearest stop to villa) cost me £11 for Saturday.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 1:02]

Didn't realise you meant cost.

Yeah it's a bit more expensive midweek, not sure why. Liverpool St to Ipswich cost me just over £30 but it's more like £23 on a Saturday - or less if there's engineering works and you don't bother paying for the bus section

I can't grumble about the trains too much tonight. I was on the 18.18 from Liv St. and was expecting to miss kick off but it actually got in a few minutes early. Didn't even have to run down the road!

Such a poor crowd on 01:36 - Nov 23 with 2739 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Such a poor crowd on 01:25 - Nov 23 by BrixtonBlue

Didn't realise you meant cost.

Yeah it's a bit more expensive midweek, not sure why. Liverpool St to Ipswich cost me just over £30 but it's more like £23 on a Saturday - or less if there's engineering works and you don't bother paying for the bus section

I can't grumble about the trains too much tonight. I was on the 18.18 from Liv St. and was expecting to miss kick off but it actually got in a few minutes early. Didn't even have to run down the road!

Ahh fair play

Saturday games cost me £14 usually with my railcard

When Sky announce there fixtures, I buy all I can to get cheapest and this one stood out like a sore thumb. And since it was on sky, I thought sod it. Unfortunately with that £25 saved, my head is gradually moving towards sticking that towards doing Middlesbrough away in a few weeks time. So I wouldn't have actually saved anything..

Login to get fewer ads

Such a poor crowd on 01:44 - Nov 23 with 2731 viewsBrixtonBlue

Such a poor crowd on 01:36 - Nov 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Ahh fair play

Saturday games cost me £14 usually with my railcard

When Sky announce there fixtures, I buy all I can to get cheapest and this one stood out like a sore thumb. And since it was on sky, I thought sod it. Unfortunately with that £25 saved, my head is gradually moving towards sticking that towards doing Middlesbrough away in a few weeks time. So I wouldn't have actually saved anything..

I was tempted to not bother myself - until I realised how many Champion's League games were on.

Then again, what I would've saved on travel I would've probably spent in a bar if I'd been watching on TV.

Such a poor crowd on 02:07 - Nov 23 with 2716 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Such a poor crowd on 01:44 - Nov 23 by BrixtonBlue

I was tempted to not bother myself - until I realised how many Champion's League games were on.

Then again, what I would've saved on travel I would've probably spent in a bar if I'd been watching on TV.

The though of spending £25 for a game on sky but yet still having to leave at 4:30 from home and not be home til gone 11 was just enough to stop me going. If it weren't on sky, I'd have not thought twice about sucking it up and paying the extortionate fare. Which it is really. If I don't have a railcard, they'd charge £38 which is absolutely insane. Midweek or not.

Roll on villa away Saturday though. Buzzing for that

Such a poor crowd on 06:36 - Nov 23 with 2616 viewsBenters

I was pleased i watched it home i was able to see how much better we looked compared to games like the Forest game last season.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Such a poor crowd on 07:45 - Nov 23 with 2529 viewsBrixtonBlue

Such a poor crowd on 02:07 - Nov 23 by The_Romford_Blue

The though of spending £25 for a game on sky but yet still having to leave at 4:30 from home and not be home til gone 11 was just enough to stop me going. If it weren't on sky, I'd have not thought twice about sucking it up and paying the extortionate fare. Which it is really. If I don't have a railcard, they'd charge £38 which is absolutely insane. Midweek or not.

Roll on villa away Saturday though. Buzzing for that

I presume you'd have had to leave at 4.30 because that train was cheaper? I got home at 00.30 after cycling from Liverpool Street to Brixton.

I'll be at Villa too. Bit of an easier trek than Hull last week (I never think how long things take when I agree to them!)

Such a poor crowd on 10:49 - Nov 23 with 2405 viewsBenters

Such a poor crowd on 07:45 - Nov 23 by BrixtonBlue

I presume you'd have had to leave at 4.30 because that train was cheaper? I got home at 00.30 after cycling from Liverpool Street to Brixton.

I'll be at Villa too. Bit of an easier trek than Hull last week (I never think how long things take when I agree to them!)

There are trains close on every 15 mins to Liverpool St from Nodge/Ipers/Col at peak times.So i would think they are the same heading out of London?

Also what happens in Romford after 11? Is it like The Bronx?

I think you win the badge for this trip.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024