Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death 21:53 - Nov 22 with 1545 viewsRadlett_blue

as I thought there were ample positives to take from tonight.
Town played with good spirit & commitment throughout.For once, we started on the front foot & looked by far the likelier team for the 1st 20 minutes. Wednesday gradually took control of the midfield & we looked for too many early balls, but we still made the better chances.
We probably played better in the 2nd half & looked to have weathered the storm after Wednesday responded well to our goal until Stroud gave them a joke of a pen. We then weathered another mini storm before scoring a decent goal. I was just saying how well we were seeing out the game until we lost the ball & were caught with too many players upfield. However, a better tactic than Roy's strategy of sitting back & conceding late. Almost amusing that a huge lump who hadn't scored for 41 games got the goal.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 21:54 - Nov 22 with 1534 viewshomer_123

Lots of positives for sure. However, we've been negligent at the end there....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 21:56 - Nov 22 with 1506 viewsMVBlue

You sir, are an optimist. We are a team of battlers, but might not get 6th or above based on the end result today.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 21:57 - Nov 22 with 1502 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. Just thinking it was the perfect game: a win, a goal for Garner and Huws finally coming backhand even having an impact.

So that last kick in the teeth still really hurts. It was also there only other shot on target after the penalty ... FFS.

Pronouns: He/Him

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 21:57 - Nov 22 with 1498 viewsRadlett_blue

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 21:54 - Nov 22 by homer_123

Lots of positives for sure. However, we've been negligent at the end there....

Yes, Mick will be angry about that, but overall it was a good performance. I am becoming increasingly convinced that Mick is getting the most out of a limited squad.

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 21:58 - Nov 22 with 1484 viewsimsureazzure

Played well, encouraging, more importantly for me, good to watch.
Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 22:03 - Nov 22 with 1445 viewsm14_blue

Agree with most of that, although I thought the pen was fair enough.

How Loovens stayed on is another matter...
Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 22:06 - Nov 22 with 1432 viewsRadlett_blue

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 22:03 - Nov 22 by m14_blue

Well , Stroud may have been unsighted as he gave no card at all but his lino should have helped him out. Was an obvious yellow & a possible red.

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 22:08 - Nov 22 with 1420 viewsDarth_Koont

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 22:03 - Nov 22 by m14_blue

Also a good case for Jack Hunt and Kieran Lee to get second yellows too.

When Hunt cynically tripped Garner on the byeline as he was heading towards goal and was only given a talking to I really started to fear the worst.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 22:09 - Nov 22 with 1407 viewsm14_blue

Let's get over the disappointment at losing 2pts at the death on 22:08 - Nov 22 by Darth_Koont

Also a good case for Jack Hunt and Kieran Lee to get second yellows too.

When Hunt cynically tripped Garner on the byeline as he was heading towards goal and was only given a talking to I really started to fear the worst.

Yep, that was a pretty blatant second yellow, especially as it came literally seconds after he committed another foul.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024