Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that 22:10 - Nov 22 with 6452 viewsArcher4721

apart from the result of course. You can blub all night about the final result, who's to blame etc,etc,but sh1t happens. My main gripe is with the referee...What a joke he was. He was what was wrong with that game tonight. Special mention for Connelly tonight who played a blinder.

Anyway onwards and upwards

Oh and thank fu ck for cash out!

COYFB.
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 5512 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Yep, decent game. Would imagine the surgeon will have to sew McGoldricks bollox back on after that "challenge".

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 5507 viewsimsureazzure

I don't get the negativity, it was a good game we played well and yes a good lay back on Betfair!
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:19 - Nov 22 with 5493 viewsimsureazzure

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:17 - Nov 22 by StochesStotasBlewe

Yep, decent game. Would imagine the surgeon will have to sew McGoldricks bollox back on after that "challenge".

That's why he came out at half time, he was trying to locate them.
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:21 - Nov 22 with 5488 viewsSarge

Clutching at straws trying to blame the ref. Yes they should have gone down to 9 men but not paying attention to the jolly green giant is on us.
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:27 - Nov 22 with 5454 viewsArcher4721

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:21 - Nov 22 by Sarge

Clutching at straws trying to blame the ref. Yes they should have gone down to 9 men but not paying attention to the jolly green giant is on us.

Well you're clutching at straws if you're trying to blame MM again for tonight mate.
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:28 - Nov 22 with 5452 viewsArcher4721

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:17 - Nov 22 by imsureazzure

I don't get the negativity, it was a good game we played well and yes a good lay back on Betfair!

Gambler's dream are Ipswich!
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:29 - Nov 22 with 5428 viewsSarge

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:27 - Nov 22 by Archer4721

Well you're clutching at straws if you're trying to blame MM again for tonight mate.

I'm not. I'm blaming stupid decisions made by the players. Like trying to play for time against a crap team with over 5 minutes remaining when we have half the team committed anyway.
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:31 - Nov 22 with 5417 viewstextbackup

Yeah blame the ref, he's the one that tried time wasting on 88 mins, or gave the ball away.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:36 - Nov 22 with 5373 viewsArcher4721

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:31 - Nov 22 by textbackup

Yeah blame the ref, he's the one that tried time wasting on 88 mins, or gave the ball away.

Hang on a mo . I thought all you wanted to see was exciting football from MM teams and the result didn't matter?
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:48 - Nov 22 with 5330 viewstextbackup

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:36 - Nov 22 by Archer4721

Hang on a mo . I thought all you wanted to see was exciting football from MM teams and the result didn't matter?

I saw some decent stuff tonight, granted.
But the result isn't the refs fault, that's all I'm saying

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:50 - Nov 22 with 5317 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Perhaps not.

But he did miss out on two blatant red cards..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 23:00 - Nov 22 with 5276 viewstextbackup

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 22:50 - Nov 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Perhaps not.

But he did miss out on two blatant red cards..

He's also not booked garner for reacting, so he's not all bad

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 23:36 - Nov 22 with 5221 viewsHerbivore

Time wasting on 88 minutes didn't cost us the game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 23:42 - Nov 22 with 5201 viewsStNeotsBlue

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 23:36 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

Time wasting on 88 minutes didn't cost us the game.

But it certainly didn't help us against a poor side who were there for the taking. Why not have a go and put the game to bed.

Edit: Or just keep the ball for a bit.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 23:45]
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 23:53 - Nov 22 with 5155 viewsHerbivore

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 23:42 - Nov 22 by StNeotsBlue

But it certainly didn't help us against a poor side who were there for the taking. Why not have a go and put the game to bed.

Edit: Or just keep the ball for a bit.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 23:45]

We were keeping the ball. The issue came when Sears tried to do something a bit more flash and lost it.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:03 - Nov 23 with 5136 viewsStNeotsBlue

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 23:53 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

We were keeping the ball. The issue came when Sears tried to do something a bit more flash and lost it.

We weren't, we conceded the ball repeatedly in the last few minutes. We were trying and failing to see the game out. We struggle to keep hold of the ball at the best of times so I can't see why we're taking this approach.
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:07 - Nov 23 with 5125 viewspointofblue

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:03 - Nov 23 by StNeotsBlue

We weren't, we conceded the ball repeatedly in the last few minutes. We were trying and failing to see the game out. We struggle to keep hold of the ball at the best of times so I can't see why we're taking this approach.

Remember what Antonio did (v Liverpool was it?)? Pitched the ball into the middle instead of running for the corner and conceded off the back of it? We were absolutely fine with game management right until the end.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:17 - Nov 23 with 5102 viewsStNeotsBlue

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:07 - Nov 23 by pointofblue

Remember what Antonio did (v Liverpool was it?)? Pitched the ball into the middle instead of running for the corner and conceded off the back of it? We were absolutely fine with game management right until the end.

There is an inherent flaw in being absolutely fine with game management right until the end. We are poor defensively and have a goal in us, yet our plan is get ahead (the plan is working ) and then sit on it rather than push on and put the opponent to the sword, why not continue to get at them. I can't get my head around the tactics it's beyond daft.

This isn't just based on tonight's disappointment.
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:22 - Nov 23 with 5093 viewsHerbivore

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:17 - Nov 23 by StNeotsBlue

There is an inherent flaw in being absolutely fine with game management right until the end. We are poor defensively and have a goal in us, yet our plan is get ahead (the plan is working ) and then sit on it rather than push on and put the opponent to the sword, why not continue to get at them. I can't get my head around the tactics it's beyond daft.

This isn't just based on tonight's disappointment.

We had chances at 1-0 and at 2-1, there was nothing wrong with trying to see the game out. A poor decision and a missed challenge were the issues, not us trying to see out the game.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:33 - Nov 23 with 5086 viewsStenvict

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:07 - Nov 23 by pointofblue

My thoughts exactly. They were always going to just lump the ball into the box as soon as they got it. Even if it's a hoof from Westwood. Keeping it in the corner and winning free kicks was the best option I thought. Mick Mills was right on the radio when he said Sears should have just kicked out for a throw in to them if he thought he was gonna lose it. They can't do much with a throw in pretty much on their by line.

And Ward didn't help the situation by letting his player run past him with ease.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 0:52]

Poll: What will be announced first?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:38 - Nov 23 with 5066 viewsHerbivore

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:33 - Nov 23 by Stenvict

My thoughts exactly. They were always going to just lump the ball into the box as soon as they got it. Even if it's a hoof from Westwood. Keeping it in the corner and winning free kicks was the best option I thought. Mick Mills was right on the radio when he said Sears should have just kicked out for a throw in to them if he thought he was gonna lose it. They can't do much with a throw in pretty much on their by line.

And Ward didn't help the situation by letting his player run past him with ease.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 0:52]

Agree with this, if a few players had made better decisions we'd have played it out comfortably.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:40 - Nov 23 with 5062 viewspointofblue

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:38 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Agree with this, if a few players had made better decisions we'd have played it out comfortably.

As Mick said in the interview, just a number of little mistakes - other than Sears none of them really stand out but all added up. If just one player had done something different we'd have won tonight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:52 - Nov 23 with 5034 viewsHerbivore

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 00:40 - Nov 23 by pointofblue

As Mick said in the interview, just a number of little mistakes - other than Sears none of them really stand out but all added up. If just one player had done something different we'd have won tonight.

Yep, fine margins. We do seem to get punished often for our mistakes.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 07:59 - Nov 23 with 4902 viewsKeaneish

Agreed, Connelly was excellent tonight. I've been bemoaning Skuse for a long time in that role and that's why. Thought Connelly's performance tonight was better than what i've seen from Skuse in a long time in that deeper role. Real bite in a challenge, great reading of the game and still with an eye for a forward pass and the ability to support the attack. Definite starter for Saturday.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 08:04 - Nov 23 with 4897 viewssparks

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that on 07:59 - Nov 23 by Keaneish

Agreed, Connelly was excellent tonight. I've been bemoaning Skuse for a long time in that role and that's why. Thought Connelly's performance tonight was better than what i've seen from Skuse in a long time in that deeper role. Real bite in a challenge, great reading of the game and still with an eye for a forward pass and the ability to support the attack. Definite starter for Saturday.

As someone who sees games relatively infrequently these days, I can't help thinking you have all become desensitised to the very tedious percentage football if you describe last night as good.

It was moderately effective, and good goals well taken, but it really wasnt pleasant to watch for the most part. Just clips into the channels and hope to get a break. Almost nothing through the midfield.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024