Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connolly 22:34 - Nov 22 with 2658 viewshomer_123

Not for the first time, quietly effective.

Nydam and Downes have struggled for form, so I can see exactly why he is getting game time. He's there on merit and showing the type of consistency we need to see from our younger players.

He's not going to win over a number of fans though as he's not going to unlock a team or score many goals but I can see the benefits that he brings. Dictated and drove the midfield today...growing into that role. Not perfect but then, who is.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Connolly on 22:38 - Nov 22 with 2635 viewsRadlett_blue

I thought Connolly was excellent tonight. I saw him as something of a pointless signing, but I could see him featuring regularly in midfield, depending on what formation we play if Huws, Adeymi & maybe Bishop are all fit (unlikely).

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Connolly on 22:43 - Nov 22 with 2603 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Connolly on 22:38 - Nov 22 by Radlett_blue

I thought Connolly was excellent tonight. I saw him as something of a pointless signing, but I could see him featuring regularly in midfield, depending on what formation we play if Huws, Adeymi & maybe Bishop are all fit (unlikely).

Agreed. Thought he played really well. Waghorn was our best player but Connolly wasn’t far behind.
Connolly on 22:51 - Nov 22 with 2561 viewsSimonds92

Connolly on 22:38 - Nov 22 by Radlett_blue

He was having a good game but the fact him and Skuse got caught trying to press in the opposition half in the last minute cost us 2 points imo.
Connolly on 22:53 - Nov 22 with 2552 viewsartsbossbeard

Best player on the pitch.

Everton have got a star player here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Connolly on 23:07 - Nov 22 with 2507 viewshadleighboyblue

Connolly on 22:43 - Nov 22 by OsmansCleanSheet

Agreed. Thought he played really well. Waghorn was our best player but Connolly wasn’t far behind.

Agreed I thought Connolly did well tonight , very competitive and that actually helped Skuse .

But our midfield hasn't got any creativity , someone to demand the ball and move it around .

The possession stats show that we don't keep the ball for long enough - their No.10 was superb , always available
Connolly on 08:10 - Nov 23 with 2328 viewsJimmyJazz

Connolly on 23:07 - Nov 22 by hadleighboyblue

Agreed I thought Connolly did well tonight , very competitive and that actually helped Skuse .

But our midfield hasn't got any creativity , someone to demand the ball and move it around .

The possession stats show that we don't keep the ball for long enough - their No.10 was superb , always available

The problem with the midfield is that we play 4 forwards, so need 2 anchors to balance it out

With McGoldrick out for a while I'd like to see Huws replace him and then have that midfield creativity

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Connolly on 08:18 - Nov 23 with 2315 viewshowdonblue

I agree the fella looked good to me did not do much wrong !

Deserves game time if he keeps putting in solid performances like that !
Connolly on 09:49 - Nov 23 with 2244 viewsJ2BLUE

Apparently Royle sees Connolly as a DM going forward. When Royle speaks, we should listen. He might well be worth a bid in January.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Connolly on 09:54 - Nov 23 with 2236 viewsKieran_Knows

Connolly on 22:53 - Nov 22 by artsbossbeard

Best player on the pitch.

Everton have got a star player here.

As J2 says, it might be worth sticking a bid in to Everton in January to see if we can get him permanently. That said, if Unsworth is still in charge, he may want him back (if all 3 parties agree to it), considering Connolly would have played under him for the under 23's side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Connolly on 09:56 - Nov 23 with 2232 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Agreed, an excellent performance only blemished by failing in his rugby tackle attempt in the build up to their equaliser. I saw him playing full back at Fulham and didn't think he disgraced himself then either.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024