Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent performance that but conceded 2 very soft goals 23:28 - Nov 22 with 864 viewsLuk38644

It's a shame we didn't see that out because we deserved the win after a pretty decent performance. They had 2 shots on target all night and scored both, so frustrating, especially considering they were both very soft goals.

Thought the lineup was spot on, the set up was spot on, the subs were spot-on but little individual errors have cost us. Obviously the handball was an individual error but for the second goal, there is a few errors. The obvious one is Sears losing possession, but then you had Connoly's missed tackle, failure to stop them breaking forward down the wing, failure to stop the cross and then failure to stop Nuihu from getting on the end of it, although considering he's a massive freak, I suppose you can excuse that.

Bart didn't have much to do and couldn't do much about either goal, although I did think he'd saved the penalty! Spence was OK, nothing special and got caught out once or twice but he contributed coming forward and generally did alright. Same for Kenlock, didn't set the world alight but defended well, made some good interceptions and filled Jonas's position competently. Webster and Chambers were good, demanding and kept Rhodes/Hooper/Fletcher very quiet, just a shame they couldn't keep Nuihu quiet too!

I was slightly pessimistic about Connolly and Skuse in midfield together because, on paper, they are both defensive. Skuse is Skuse and Connolly is a full-back so you would assume, defensive minded, but both did very well together. Skuse was doing his usual game, keeping possession, breaking it up and even pressed quite high a few times. Connolly was probably my MOTM - Very assured on the ball, loves a tackle, keeps possession ticking over and quite physical too. You can see why Royle rates him as a future central midfielder. He's exactly what I want Downes and Nydam to be. He reminded me a little bit of when Kevin Foley played central midfield for us a couple of seasons back and played a blinder. Literally the only small errors he made were the missed tackle before their counter-attack and not stopping the cross which led to their goal. Huws did well when he came on and while he obviously looked a tad ring-rusty, he did what he does and got himself in the box to set up Waghorn for our 2nd goal and that's what we've missed from central midfield! Look forward to him being back fully fit and having a run of games.

Our front four is really coming together. McGoldrick is the classy glue that holds them all together and links attacks, Celina is tricky, albeit a tad quiet tonight and should have scored the free-header in the first half, Waghorn is an absolute mountain of a man who is technically able and a bloody hard worker... Jon Walters 2.0, Garner is a constant nuisance who can hold the ball up and poach a goal. Sears did generally OK when he came on but there wasn't much end product beyond the huffing and puffing, summed up by his attempted rounding of Westwood - That first touch was bloody awful and single handedly killed any chance of him scoring, and then he should have squared it to Celina. Then he p*ssed about with it with about 30 seconds to go and lost possession which they went and scored from... so so rookie. He is so short of confidence and I feel sorry for him, but maybe it's time he gets a run of games as a striker at a different club, either on loan or permanently. Such a shame because the Sears of January 15-August 15 looked a real gem.

Sheff Wed didn't create much, didn't look anything special and should have been down to 10 men after the McGoldrick incident, but alas, they weren't, and they took both their chances. We really could and should have beat them tonight.

Hopefully we can take the positives tonight and kick on from it. We've lost 1 in 5 and have played quite well over those games, but we'll need to remain competitive in the next few matches because they're going to be bloody tough. We really need to get that defence alot tighter and hopefully cut out the silly errors that are costing us dearly. If we can do that and continue to score a high percentage of our chances, we'll remain in touching distance of the top 6.
Decent performance that but conceded 2 very soft goals on 07:01 - Nov 23 with 800 viewschristiand

Some good performances by the boys. Thought Connolly and Skuse were very good and Kenlock was solid at left back. Disappointed at conceding so late, but we were probably owed one with how many goals we have scored late ourselves this season. Lots of individual errors leading to their second equaliser,but I still believe Bart could've done better his positioning was the problem as he was caught on his near post, where the only possible place that ball was going was towards the back post. Even if he was a few yards back he would've been able to collect the cross.

Not a bad performance overall with some good moves. Still too much aerial ball and aimless punts forward for my liking though.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024