Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
didz out for few weeks 06:21 - Nov 23 with 6231 viewssimoitfc

good job we have freddie sears to replace him
didz out for few weeks on 08:34 - Nov 23 with 6157 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Time for him to be loaned out, to score some goals and get some confidence back.

Get Moore back to fill the gap.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

didz out for few weeks on 10:01 - Nov 23 with 6106 viewsArnieM

If McCarthy actually played Sears in his rightful , central striker position , he. Would score goals ( once his confidence and mojo returned). McCarthy has ruined him!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

didz out for few weeks on 10:04 - Nov 23 with 6101 viewstextbackup

You'd like to think we'll go 433 now with Didz out.

Wag garner Celina up top, much more balance there.
With Skuse connelly Huws (Nydam Downes Bru) etc behind

Sears, I feel for him, he looks so poor

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

didz out for few weeks on 10:08 - Nov 23 with 6091 viewsLankHenners

didz out for few weeks on 10:01 - Nov 23 by ArnieM

If McCarthy actually played Sears in his rightful , central striker position , he. Would score goals ( once his confidence and mojo returned). McCarthy has ruined him!

Would he? Even when playing wide he's had chances that anyone who calls themselves a striker would take. Clearly so low on confidence and whilst being stuck out wide (particularly in a 442) hasn't helped, it just seems he's returned to being the average League 1 player he was before we signed him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

didz out for few weeks on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 6078 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The things people will do to spend Christmas with their (young) families !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

didz out for few weeks on 10:12 - Nov 23 with 6085 viewsPhilTWTD

didz out for few weeks on 10:08 - Nov 23 by LankHenners

Would he? Even when playing wide he's had chances that anyone who calls themselves a striker would take. Clearly so low on confidence and whilst being stuck out wide (particularly in a 442) hasn't helped, it just seems he's returned to being the average League 1 player he was before we signed him.

I've never thought he was clinical enough in front of goal, even during his early run with us, misses too many chances he ought to be taking. But I do think he's getting a bit too much stick today, he played a part in both Town's goals.
didz out for few weeks on 10:29 - Nov 23 with 6032 viewsSteve_M

didz out for few weeks on 10:12 - Nov 23 by PhilTWTD

I've never thought he was clinical enough in front of goal, even during his early run with us, misses too many chances he ought to be taking. But I do think he's getting a bit too much stick today, he played a part in both Town's goals.

Yes, I agree. I thought we were more fluent in the second half with Sears on than with McGoldrick in the first.

Start him Saturday and bring Huws on later in the game.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

didz out for few weeks on 10:32 - Nov 23 with 6019 viewsDarkHorse

Thought Sears caused a lot of problems with his runs, shame he has no end product - he wasn't alone in that though, some poor decision making from Waghorn and Didz too - but a useful sub to have.

Our players need to get their heads up more. Celina got into some very good positions but rarely received the ball. Admittedly, he fluffed his big chance, but I didn't think it was as easy as the commentators made out on Sky.
Login to get fewer ads

didz out for few weeks on 10:32 - Nov 23 with 6020 viewsKieran_Knows

didz out for few weeks on 10:04 - Nov 23 by textbackup

You'd like to think we'll go 433 now with Didz out.

Wag garner Celina up top, much more balance there.
With Skuse connelly Huws (Nydam Downes Bru) etc behind

Sears, I feel for him, he looks so poor

Agree with that, although I suspect Mick may look to just put Huws in for McGoldrick, and have Huws in at no.10 with Waghorn and Celina either side of him?*

*yes, I know MM said Waghorn is better as a no.10, but when Huws came on I thought he looked as if he was playing just off Garner as the no.10 role.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

didz out for few weeks on 10:38 - Nov 23 with 6008 viewsPhilTWTD

didz out for few weeks on 10:29 - Nov 23 by Steve_M

Yes, I agree. I thought we were more fluent in the second half with Sears on than with McGoldrick in the first.

Start him Saturday and bring Huws on later in the game.

I think he's suited to the system with his tireless running, even if he's not going to score as many goals as McGoldrick unless he gets into a streak as he did when he first signed. I agree, if MM goes with the same system at Villa I'd start him. Probably would have rested at least one of the front four anyway. I wonder if he might play a different system anyway, I think Villa have been playing 4-4-2 and Town might look to match them.

As a side note, thought Huws was very good when he came on, given the time he's been out.
didz out for few weeks on 10:42 - Nov 23 with 5989 viewsKieran_Knows

didz out for few weeks on 10:38 - Nov 23 by PhilTWTD

I think he's suited to the system with his tireless running, even if he's not going to score as many goals as McGoldrick unless he gets into a streak as he did when he first signed. I agree, if MM goes with the same system at Villa I'd start him. Probably would have rested at least one of the front four anyway. I wonder if he might play a different system anyway, I think Villa have been playing 4-4-2 and Town might look to match them.

As a side note, thought Huws was very good when he came on, given the time he's been out.

Was it just me, or does Huws look likes he's grown another foot taller since the end of last season?! Looked bloomin' huge last night!

didz out for few weeks on 10:45 - Nov 23 with 5984 viewsPhilTWTD

didz out for few weeks on 10:42 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

Was it just me, or does Huws look likes he's grown another foot taller since the end of last season?! Looked bloomin' huge last night!

Was probably standing next to Barry Bannan.
didz out for few weeks on 10:47 - Nov 23 with 5979 viewsKieran_Knows

didz out for few weeks on 10:45 - Nov 23 by PhilTWTD

Ha! You could well be right.

didz out for few weeks on 12:39 - Nov 23 with 5895 viewsGarv

Are we talking about Sears or McGoldrick?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

didz out for few weeks on 12:41 - Nov 23 with 5881 viewschicoazul

Just saw the tackle. Fair play, he is one hard bstard to carry on playing after getting a kick like that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

didz out for few weeks on 12:42 - Nov 23 with 5874 viewsFreddies_Ears

didz out for few weeks on 12:41 - Nov 23 by chicoazul

Just saw the tackle. Fair play, he is one hard bstard to carry on playing after getting a kick like that.

It should have been a straight red. Disgusting challenge.
didz out for few weeks on 12:55 - Nov 23 with 5834 viewsitfcjoe

didz out for few weeks on 12:42 - Nov 23 by Freddies_Ears

It should have been a straight red. Disgusting challenge.

I didn't think it was a red at the time, but obviously seen replays and heard from friends directly after who were watching on the box.

But it was the most obvious yellow you'll see - the attempted chop down to stop a promising attack when opposition are breaking and your midfield ahead of ball. A professional foul that is a yellow every day of the week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

didz out for few weeks on 13:11 - Nov 23 with 5810 viewsconnorscontract

He made the second, no question, with the quick throw and then the cross which Huws directed back for The Ghost of Trevor Whymark to conjure into the net.
didz out for few weeks on 13:53 - Nov 23 with 5755 viewsPhilTWTD

didz out for few weeks on 13:11 - Nov 23 by connorscontract

He made the second, no question, with the quick throw and then the cross which Huws directed back for The Ghost of Trevor Whymark to conjure into the net.

He created the opportunity for Waghorn which led to the corner for the first as well. Thought he made an immediate impact at the start of the half, played a part in us starting the half on the front foot and then scoring so early on.
didz out for few weeks on 13:56 - Nov 23 with 5742 viewshype313

Thought he was the one Wednesday player that could do some damage, certainly the only one that wanted to go forward as opposed to sideways.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

didz out for few weeks on 13:58 - Nov 23 with 5738 viewsStenvict

What was funny, was seeing Bannan hug Nuhiu after the equaliser. Twas like a child reaching up to a parent to lift them up.

Poll: What will be announced first?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024