Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keeping it in the corner 08:28 - Nov 23 with 6808 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why do we always be so negative etc etc?

Not saying that some on here are overreacting, but that is literally the first time this season we have lost a result in the last minute, and we’ve won 4 games by a goal

It happens occasionally, get over it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Keeping it in the corner on 13:39 - Nov 23 with 1044 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Keeping it in the corner on 12:28 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

Up until the absolute brainfart by Sears and all those who had decided to join the attack, i thought we'd seen the game out excellently - we'd kept it in the corner well - won a couple of free kicks, kept it comfortably from a couple of throw ins.

But for giving it away terribly at the very end (where did 5 mins come from anyway?!) it was as professional a see out as we could do

I tend to agree - although this is a bit like saying we saw the game out brilliantly until we didn’t!

Keeping it in the corner on 13:41 - Nov 23 with 1038 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Keeping it in the corner on 12:32 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

Surely territory is more important than posession, they kept the ball amongst their back line whilst we harried them and they offered absolutely nothing going forwards.

The only thing that is embarrassing is getting hung up on possession stats - especially when they led to 1 shot on target in open play

Jubbers isn’t worried about being an embarrassment if it gives him an opportunity to have a pop

Keeping it in the corner on 14:06 - Nov 23 with 1020 viewsHerbivore

Keeping it in the corner on 13:41 - Nov 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Jubbers isn’t worried about being an embarrassment if it gives him an opportunity to have a pop

I'm surprised by his negativity today, I'd have thought losing points to a last minute goal would have reminded him of happier times when Jewell was in charge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keeping it in the corner on 14:26 - Nov 23 with 1006 viewsitfcjoe

Keeping it in the corner on 13:39 - Nov 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I tend to agree - although this is a bit like saying we saw the game out brilliantly until we didn’t!

Yeah, it does read a bit like that - but hope point came across!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keeping it in the corner on 15:27 - Nov 23 with 983 viewsSwn98

Keeping it in the corner on 09:05 - Nov 23 by kpblues

You are so right.
This tactic always drives me mad.
Just before they scored I said to my friend this tactic often backfires - whoops !
We had several chances to score in the last part of the game but instead MIck has got them so worried about losing that they retreat to the corner.

It's boring to watch
It's defeatist
and guess what - it doesn't always work

Sad because were were the better side last night and should have kept pressing.

Cant say that last nights game was boring to watch you obviously were not at Burton.
Keeping it in the corner on 15:37 - Nov 23 with 974 viewsSomethingBlue

Keeping it in the corner on 14:06 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

I'm surprised by his negativity today, I'd have thought losing points to a last minute goal would have reminded him of happier times when Jewell was in charge.

He just likes to be weirdly contrary — and then shifts the argument on to some other obscure point when answered directly. Not worth bothering with; it's better to let him tie himself in knots.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024