Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina could have won the game for us last night. 08:45 - Nov 23 with 2173 viewsPinewoodblue

The amount of space he seems to drift into in the attacking third was amazing. Sadly last night his team mates were not on the same wave length. Wag horn & Sears both had shots, from wide angles, with Celina totally unmarked in the area.

Think that, more than anything, cost us the two points.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 08:50 - Nov 23 with 2147 viewsKieran_Knows

I think leaving a 6ft 8 striker all alone in the 6 yard box with seconds to spare might have played a part too.

But I do get what you're saying, we had chances to kill the game off. Hey ho.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 09:02 - Nov 23 with 2114 viewsdirtyboy

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 08:50 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

I think leaving a 6ft 8 striker all alone in the 6 yard box with seconds to spare might have played a part too.

But I do get what you're saying, we had chances to kill the game off. Hey ho.

He wasn't all alone at all? Webster was marking him.

Blaming Webster for getting beaten in the air by a 6'8" striker is also ludicrous (I actually thought he fouled Webster).

The issue was letting the cross in, but try enough and one will eventually get through.

Just one of those things.

Look at Garner's goal....that was shocking defending!
Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 09:05 - Nov 23 with 2102 viewsKieran_Knows

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 09:02 - Nov 23 by dirtyboy

He wasn't all alone at all? Webster was marking him.

Blaming Webster for getting beaten in the air by a 6'8" striker is also ludicrous (I actually thought he fouled Webster).

The issue was letting the cross in, but try enough and one will eventually get through.

Just one of those things.

Look at Garner's goal....that was shocking defending!

I wasn't having a pop, was just pointing out that not only missing chances costs us last night.

Ward certainly let his man beat him to easily for the cross (think it was Ward). Hey ho, one of them things (annoyingly).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 09:10 - Nov 23 with 2083 viewssparks

He wants the ball to feet, I would suggest. Not clipped over his head to rat around and work scraps from.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:07 - Nov 23 with 1998 viewsPinewoodblue

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 09:10 - Nov 23 by sparks

He wants the ball to feet, I would suggest. Not clipped over his head to rat around and work scraps from.

Twice he was unmarked, around the penalty spot, but Waghorn & Sears failed to see the opportunity. There were also no defenders between him and the player with the ball that could intercept. They seemed unaware of his availability.

Defenders, at this level, will always make mistakes so it is important to take your chances.

2-2 seemed the likely outcome as soon as we started sitting back.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:11 - Nov 23 with 1983 viewsHerbivore

Celina didn't have a very good game overall, not bad but nothing special. It was the right call to take him off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:37 - Nov 23 with 1949 viewsBackToRussia

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:11 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Celina didn't have a very good game overall, not bad but nothing special. It was the right call to take him off.

Doesn't alter the fact he got himself open twice and his teammates simply needed to roll the ball to him for a certain goal. Sears in particular had the blinkers firmly on.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:43 - Nov 23 with 1935 viewsJohnny_Boy

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:37 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

Doesn't alter the fact he got himself open twice and his teammates simply needed to roll the ball to him for a certain goal. Sears in particular had the blinkers firmly on.

The difference between the players playing as a team (passing to a team mate in a better position) or playing for themselves (opting for the half effort of a shot themselves).

Thought Celina should have stayed on the pitch. MM, (and his supporters) clearly disagree.
Login to get fewer ads

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 11:12 - Nov 23 with 1895 viewsHerbivore

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:37 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

He also did get found once and headed it straight at the keeper. He wasn't poor but he didn't have a great game, didn't look likely to produce a game changing moment. Agree though that Sears and Waghorn should have played him in instead of going for goal.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 11:38 - Nov 23 with 1871 viewslongtimefan

Celina could have won the game for us last night. on 10:43 - Nov 23 by Johnny_Boy

The difference between the players playing as a team (passing to a team mate in a better position) or playing for themselves (opting for the half effort of a shot themselves).

Thought Celina should have stayed on the pitch. MM, (and his supporters) clearly disagree.

Celina is capable of turning a game in an instant but he really didn’t contribute much when he got on the ball last night, other than taking the corner for the 2nd goal. Huws looked better and more involved when he came on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024