Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unprovoked Attack 09:08 - Nov 23 with 23339 viewsGodalmingOwl

Away fan, been going for 30+ years and seen Wednesday at Portman Road best part of 20 occasions.
Last night my father was attacked, totally unprovoked. He was punched a few times down an alley behind your main home end (residential on one side) that leads to a main road.

We hadn't been drinking (wish I had, might have made our turgid performance marginally more bearable). We weren't wearing colours. We don't have northern/Sheffield accents. We weren't taking any joy afterwards from our injury time equaliser, more lamenting our listless display, devoid of ambition. There wasn't even a brush past or a treading on toes, or a conversation as we were walking down. Even if any of this were the case, so what?

This guy (early 30s), decided to pick on my Dad for no reason at all. My Dad is 61. The guy was clearly drunk (possibly on something else, too?). My Dad almost certainly has a broken nose. Against my better judgement (or may be it was my better judgement?) I didn't hit the guy and told my Dad to run and get away from it.

My point is who the hell does this? We could have easily been Ipswich fans. You guys rightly have a reputation for being a friendly, welcoming down to earth bunch. If you saw anything, please let me know.
on 00:28 - Nov 24 with 4975 views_

Unprovoked Attack on 00:18 - Nov 24 by BrixtonBlue

But if the incident isn't connected to the club the point is moot.

Comments like this suggest it is something to do with our great club.

I've also down arrowed your unnecessary childish posts on what is a serious incident. You don't do yourself any favours at times, IMO. I doubt if it was your own father assaulted you'd be making stupid glib posts.

Unprovoked Attack on 00:33 - Nov 24 with 4957 viewswitchdoctor

on 00:28 - Nov 24 by _

you tell him Lib’s...😂😂😂
Unprovoked Attack on 00:48 - Nov 24 with 4938 viewsJ2BLUE

Unprovoked Attack on 23:41 - Nov 23 by BrixtonBlue

"unfortunately, like all clubs, we have our share of idiots"

There is nothing to suggest this horrible incident is any way related to our club, so please don't suggest it is.

I'm sorry, but lazy comments like this making me effing angry. This is not, from reading the thread, an ITFC incident. It's a nutter who needs help and/or prosecution.

Apologies to the OP but in my experience ITFC fans just don't do this. Particularly for no reason.

I echo the wishes for a speedy recovery for your dad.

At the time of posting it looked like a football incident and I care about the reputation of our club. Now it doesn't look like a football incident and i'm happy to retract it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Unprovoked Attack on 01:05 - Nov 24 with 4898 viewsJ2BLUE

Bit harsh, I can see his point. At the time I only read the OP and responded to that. I'm not someone who refuses to acknowledge new evidence so i'll happily take it back now (without editing my original post as I think it's more honest to leave it unchanged and retract it later).

We both want to defend the reputation of the club so hopefully Dolly accepts my post. I won't be getting into a massive debate on it either way.

Truly impaired.

on 01:23 - Nov 24 with 4862 views_

Unprovoked Attack on 01:05 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

Bit harsh, I can see his point. At the time I only read the OP and responded to that. I'm not someone who refuses to acknowledge new evidence so i'll happily take it back now (without editing my original post as I think it's more honest to leave it unchanged and retract it later).

We both want to defend the reputation of the club so hopefully Dolly accepts my post. I won't be getting into a massive debate on it either way.

Unprovoked Attack on 05:56 - Nov 24 with 4777 viewsBenters

Sorry to hear about this,there really are some arseholes about mate.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Unprovoked Attack on 06:00 - Nov 24 with 4772 viewsBenters

Gentlybentley

Unprovoked Attack on 06:57 - Nov 24 with 4740 viewsSwailsey

Unprovoked Attack on 00:18 - Nov 24 by BrixtonBlue

But if the incident isn't connected to the club the point is moot.

Comments like this suggest it is something to do with our great club.

I've also down arrowed your unnecessary childish posts on what is a serious incident. You don't do yourself any favours at times, IMO. I doubt if it was your own father assaulted you'd be making stupid glib posts.

Totally unnecessary.

Are you capable of interacting with anyone without making an argument from your imaginary high horse?

I’m sorry, but you really seem unable to read the room and almost every thread you are involved with leads to confrontation due to your antagonistic ways.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 7:24]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Unprovoked Attack on 06:59 - Nov 24 with 4735 viewsSwailsey

Unprovoked Attack on 06:57 - Nov 24 by Swailsey

Totally unnecessary.

Are you capable of interacting with anyone without making an argument from your imaginary high horse?

I’m sorry, but you really seem unable to read the room and almost every thread you are involved with leads to confrontation due to your antagonistic ways.

And additionally, all the best to the OP and I hope your dad is ok. I had the misfortune of living in Alderman Road when I first moved home and had my door kicked in and my legs threatened to be broken by a man upstairs I’d never met, two days after moving in.

All the best to you, sincerely.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Unprovoked Attack on 07:08 - Nov 24 with 4730 viewstextbackup

It's such a shame he didn't walk up to the away end and start throwing punches, I dare say the Wednesday fans would have given him an absolute hiding, where as Town fans probably stood by and watched this happen.

Hope your dad is ok.

Proper club Wednesday, hope you and him return next season (and every season you are in the championship - as we'll still be here)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Unprovoked Attack on 07:11 - Nov 24 with 4721 viewsBenters

Unprovoked Attack on 06:57 - Nov 24 by Swailsey

Totally unnecessary.

He really is the Dennis Wise of the board and could have a fight in a empty room.

Gentlybentley

Unprovoked Attack on 07:18 - Nov 24 with 4712 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Unprovoked Attack on 07:08 - Nov 24 by textbackup

It's such a shame he didn't walk up to the away end and start throwing punches, I dare say the Wednesday fans would have given him an absolute hiding, where as Town fans probably stood by and watched this happen.

Hope your dad is ok.

Proper club Wednesday, hope you and him return next season (and every season you are in the championship - as we'll still be here)

They probably didn't though as he was supposedly running past people and randomly lumping some !
......anyway everybody was probably carrying young children and wary of social services !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Unprovoked Attack on 08:05 - Nov 24 with 4660 viewsBrixtonBlue

Erm, I didn't return hoping nobody would notice. I didn't make the slightest attempt to hide myself.

And WTF is childish about wearing a rucksack?

[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 8:15]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Unprovoked Attack on 08:12 - Nov 24 with 4651 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 01:23 - Nov 24 by _

You're correct, I didn't realise your posts were taking the piss out of blue_oyster's police-like interrogation. I thought they were taking the piss out of the OP.

My apologies.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Unprovoked Attack on 09:15 - Nov 24 with 4594 viewsGeoffSentence

Unprovoked Attack on 00:22 - Nov 24 by jeera

Does it really matter?

The thread's done.

The fine people of the board have offered their best regards and the chap has decently responded.

It's done. Everyone's happy.

No TWTD thread is properly done without a bit of nonsensical squabbling.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 09:40 - Nov 24 with 4568 views_

Unprovoked Attack on 08:12 - Nov 24 by BrixtonBlue

You're correct, I didn't realise your posts were taking the piss out of blue_oyster's police-like interrogation. I thought they were taking the piss out of the OP.

My apologies.

Unprovoked Attack on 09:43 - Nov 24 with 4561 viewstextbackup

Unprovoked Attack on 09:15 - Nov 24 by GeoffSentence

No TWTD thread is properly done without a bit of nonsensical squabbling.

The state of these lot arguing, embarrassing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Unprovoked Attack on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 4550 viewsblue_oyster

Unprovoked Attack on 08:12 - Nov 24 by BrixtonBlue

My apologies.

If only the police were that thorough.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

on 09:51 - Nov 24 with 4543 views_

Unprovoked Attack on 09:43 - Nov 24 by textbackup

Unprovoked Attack on 10:50 - Nov 24 with 4490 viewsJ2BLUE

Unprovoked Attack on 09:43 - Nov 24 by textbackup

Arguing? It was all settled rather quickly with those in the wrong admitting it and moving on.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024