Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems like I'm in the minority 09:46 - Nov 23 with 5814 viewshype313

But I thought we played well last night, some lovely crossfield passes in the first half to Didz and garner which in turn created 3 chances. You could see Celina was in two minds whether to head or kick his chance, and I glanced at Garner and he kicked out his leg to him and told him so.

Losing the lead in the last minute stings, but we have done that plenty of times to other teams, and whilst you could argue we could have defended better, having a guy who is 6"8 in the box will always cause problems, which is why Crouch has been so successful in his career.

Overall, I enjoyed our performance, would much rather be a Town fan than a Wednesday fan, they look turgid.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:50 - Nov 23 with 5150 viewsKieran_Knows

I think it was an obvious tactic of ours last night to play them crossfield passes over to their left backs side. Presume we had pointed him out as a weakness.

As you say, was a decent performance, shame we couldn't hold on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:51 - Nov 23 with 5148 viewsJ2BLUE

We did play well. I honestly think some people can't judge a game for themselves and wait for them to put the half time stats up. The chief football (and Brexit) hysterical flouncer was going on about possession at half time. If he hadn't have posted the stats I wouldn't have had a clue we had so little possession.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:54 - Nov 23 with 5135 viewsusm

Yeh I thought we played well. Plenty of room for improvement, but a good performance. We didnt really get the rub of the green, but what goes around comes around and we had plenty of luck early in the season.

Thought Connolly looked really good. They all played well, although I thought Kenlock had a bit of a mare - looked like he lacked confidence, which is understandable.

Decent performance, though, deserved three points, but if you dont take your chances you run the risk of a late equaliser/winner - weve done it enough times ourselves.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:58 - Nov 23 with 5129 viewsGuthrum

I'm not sure you are in the minority. We did play well (if still a bit too much head-tennis at times) and conceding a late equaliser to a header from a giant (Webster did his best, but was about a foot shorter than their guy) doesn't alter that.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:01 - Nov 23 with 5109 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:51 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

We did play well. I honestly think some people can't judge a game for themselves and wait for them to put the half time stats up. The chief football (and Brexit) hysterical flouncer was going on about possession at half time. If he hadn't have posted the stats I wouldn't have had a clue we had so little possession.

Definitely the best performance I have seen this season. Most of their possession would have been in their end 1/5 of the ground and on many occassions we pinched it off them for a fleeting 1/10 % to have a shot !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:01 - Nov 23 with 5109 viewsGeoffSentence

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:54 - Nov 23 by usm

Yeh I thought we played well. Plenty of room for improvement, but a good performance. We didnt really get the rub of the green, but what goes around comes around and we had plenty of luck early in the season.

Thought Connolly looked really good. They all played well, although I thought Kenlock had a bit of a mare - looked like he lacked confidence, which is understandable.

Decent performance, though, deserved three points, but if you dont take your chances you run the risk of a late equaliser/winner - weve done it enough times ourselves.

I wouldn't say that Kenlock had a mare, I thought he was a bit erratic. One moment he would read the game wonderfully and make a beautiful interception or make a great pass, the next he would do something daft like run the ball out of play.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:02 - Nov 23 with 5105 viewshype313

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:58 - Nov 23 by Guthrum

I'm not sure you are in the minority. We did play well (if still a bit too much head-tennis at times) and conceding a late equaliser to a header from a giant (Webster did his best, but was about a foot shorter than their guy) doesn't alter that.

Was a bit Federer/Nadal at times.

Thought Rhodes was very quiet, but was marshalled well by our back four.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:11 - Nov 23 with 5091 viewsSteve_M

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:02 - Nov 23 by hype313

Was a bit Federer/Nadal at times.

Thought Rhodes was very quiet, but was marshalled well by our back four.

Yes, just the one early chance he should have taken and one dive before being taken off.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:18 - Nov 23 with 5068 viewsStenvict

Those lovely crossfield passes to McGoldrick, were clearly planned, yet some on here would say they were just your standard hoofs sanctioned by MM.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:24 - Nov 23 with 5053 viewssparks

Seems like I'm in the minority on 09:51 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

Doesnt that suggestion an issue with your perception of the game?

People are desensitised to this horrible football.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:26 - Nov 23 with 5038 viewsHerbivore

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:24 - Nov 23 by sparks

You're talking rubbish.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:33 - Nov 23 with 5028 viewsBackToRussia

We played well last night. Should have won it which is a failing but we played it on the ground and there were some good individual performances. Connolly and Skuse in particular.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:33 - Nov 23 with 5027 viewsJ2BLUE

I think out of the two of us, your perception is the most skewed. You seemed to sour on Town several years ago and I haven't seen you post anything positive in a long time. We were playing well, creating chances and as Bankster said it might well have been that their possession was in their half so it didn't seem like they were dominating.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:36 - Nov 23 with 5003 viewshype313

Don't watch it then, you do have a choice.

Yeah, that's what the bloke that.... on 10:44 - Nov 23 with 4971 viewsBloots

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:18 - Nov 23 by Stenvict

Those lovely crossfield passes to McGoldrick, were clearly planned, yet some on here would say they were just your standard hoofs sanctioned by MM.

....sits next to me said.

I just laughed and mumbled something about Glenn Hoddle being an aimless hoofer in his prime.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:46 - Nov 23 with 4969 viewsArcher4721

Yawn.....Go and watch your beloved Bournemouth then.
Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:54 - Nov 23 with 4957 viewsSteve_M

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:33 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

I think out of the two of us, your perception is the most skewed. You seemed to sour on Town several years ago and I haven't seen you post anything positive in a long time. We were playing well, creating chances and as Bankster said it might well have been that their possession was in their half so it didn't seem like they were dominating.

I think Bully ignores the fact that this division is now horribly congested, there isn't the same amount of space there used to be in the late 90s, let alone the early 90s, watch any extended highlights of those years and it stands out how relatively slow it is.

I watched a few minutes of Preston versus Bolton on Friday and that was truly awful, Robbie12345's report on Forest - Norwich suggests that was pretty dire either. That's the context last night is being judged in: we played some good stuff and some that was quite ropey at times.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:56 - Nov 23 with 4943 viewsBackToRussia

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:54 - Nov 23 by Steve_M

I think Bully ignores the fact that this division is now horribly congested, there isn't the same amount of space there used to be in the late 90s, let alone the early 90s, watch any extended highlights of those years and it stands out how relatively slow it is.

I watched a few minutes of Preston versus Bolton on Friday and that was truly awful, Robbie12345's report on Forest - Norwich suggests that was pretty dire either. That's the context last night is being judged in: we played some good stuff and some that was quite ropey at times.

All any sensible fan can ask is we at least try to play positive front foot football, with well thought out passes. we did that last night and I think had we not, the draw would be seen a lot less positively than it being seen as.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:57 - Nov 23 with 4942 viewssparks

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:18 - Nov 23 by Stenvict

Id say there were 30 or 40 of them played, and a couple ought to come off- as they did...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:59 - Nov 23 with 4934 viewssparks

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:33 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

I watch a lot of football. I watched last night and was disappointed with the direct clips into channels, for strikers to feed off scraps as a main tactic- though not surprised given that is largely how MM plays. It was quite clear to me int he first half that we4 had little possession and nothing through midfield, but created a few chances with those long percentage balls.

The stats, it appears, bear me out. I do think people have become so used to it, they see a performance with some chances and flashes of decent football as really good- because its all relative.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 11:03 - Nov 23 with 4924 viewshype313

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:59 - Nov 23 by sparks

I watch a lot of football. I watched last night and was disappointed with the direct clips into channels, for strikers to feed off scraps as a main tactic- though not surprised given that is largely how MM plays. It was quite clear to me int he first half that we4 had little possession and nothing through midfield, but created a few chances with those long percentage balls.

The stats, it appears, bear me out. I do think people have become so used to it, they see a performance with some chances and flashes of decent football as really good- because its all relative.

3 cross field passes aimed at Didz and Garner in the first 20 minutes, as they clearly identified their left back as a weakness, which in turn created 3 good chances.

Think some people want moons on sticks.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 11:05 - Nov 23 with 4915 viewssparks

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:36 - Nov 23 by hype313

Don't watch it then, you do have a choice.

Thats just such a silly response, to an honest reasoned opinion. You are better than that.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 11:08 - Nov 23 with 4913 viewssparks

Seems like I'm in the minority on 10:56 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

All any sensible fan can ask is we at least try to play positive front foot football, with well thought out passes. we did that last night and I think had we not, the draw would be seen a lot less positively than it being seen as.

One improves the prospects of those passes considerably by having possession in the middle, and moving the ball about to make space, rather than simply hitting areas and relying on strikers to fight for the scraps.

I saw more passing through the midfield at a non league game in a mudbath this week, than I did from town last night.

Its a choice about how to play- and its what Mcarthy does. My view is that as effective as it can be, when it comes to the big games against teams that can pass and hold the ball, it will almost inevitably come up well short.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 11:12 - Nov 23 with 4903 viewsBackToRussia

Seems like I'm in the minority on 11:03 - Nov 23 by hype313

3 cross field passes aimed at Didz and Garner in the first 20 minutes, as they clearly identified their left back as a weakness, which in turn created 3 good chances.

Think some people want moons on sticks.

Garner played two lovely passes as well, his passing range is surprisingly good. The one over to Sears who laid off to Waghorn. Then in the first half he picked out Celina who should have scored.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Seems like I'm in the minority on 11:14 - Nov 23 with 4893 viewsHerbivore

Seems like I'm in the minority on 11:12 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

Garner played two lovely passes as well, his passing range is surprisingly good. The one over to Sears who laid off to Waghorn. Then in the first half he picked out Celina who should have scored.

For all his hustle and bustle, Garner is a good footballer. His link up play is top notch.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024