Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really don't get it 10:36 - Nov 23 with 7242 viewsArcher4721

All the blubbers on here wanted to see MM and ITFC play decent and exciting football and it wasn't all about the result for them. Well you got that last night.

So now when we draw the game with the last kick of the game it's now all about us not getting the result!

Some of our fans really need to get a grip.
I really don't get it on 10:38 - Nov 23 with 5553 viewsJohnny_Boy

Top blubbing
I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 with 5548 viewsBackToRussia

Agreed. There were people at half time saying it was terrible. It was fine and we had three clear chances to score. We've been bad but you have to give credit too otherwise your criticism is meaningless in turn obviously.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 with 5546 viewsKieran_Knows

To be fair Archer, I haven't really seen all that much moaning to be honest. Yes, the usual suspects are out in force, but then again, I've seen 3/4 of the usual suspects also comment on how they thought that the football was decent last night.

The whole 'point scoring' between MM 'inners' & 'outers' is becoming quite boring to be honest (this isn't a dig at you, just on the whole). In my opinion, the football is better than last season, we're scoring goals, we're in and around the play-offs, lets just (try to) enjoy it, and see where we go from there, eh?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 10:41]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 with 5540 viewsArcher4721

I really don't get it on 10:38 - Nov 23 by Johnny_Boy

Top blubbing

Why do you hate ITFC so much Johnny?
I really don't get it on 10:42 - Nov 23 with 5521 viewsArcher4721

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

To be fair Archer, I haven't really seen all that much moaning to be honest. Yes, the usual suspects are out in force, but then again, I've seen 3/4 of the usual suspects also comment on how they thought that the football was decent last night.

The whole 'point scoring' between MM 'inners' & 'outers' is becoming quite boring to be honest (this isn't a dig at you, just on the whole). In my opinion, the football is better than last season, we're scoring goals, we're in and around the play-offs, lets just (try to) enjoy it, and see where we go from there, eh?

What more can MM do ? He plays his 4 most attacking players from the start and still there's moans from our fans.
I really don't get it on 10:45 - Nov 23 with 5503 viewsJohnny_Boy

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 by Archer4721

Why do you hate ITFC so much Johnny?

Why are your posts always a BLUB about ITFC supporters blubbing.

It's really odd.
I really don't get it on 10:46 - Nov 23 with 5501 viewsKieran_Knows

I really don't get it on 10:42 - Nov 23 by Archer4721

What more can MM do ? He plays his 4 most attacking players from the start and still there's moans from our fans.

I don't disagree, but I think it's just gone too far with some people (the last 18 months of poor football etc). Whilst for the first time he's got a decent set of attacking players at his disposal, that obviously isn't enough for some people (and I can't say I blame them to be honest).

That said, i'm neither Mick in or Mick out. All I want is to see us play better football than last season (which I think in the main we have done), and to compete for the top 6 spots (which we seem to be doing). Some might say 'how low have you sunk to only want that', but hey ho.

Or you could just realise that.... on 10:48 - Nov 23 with 5496 viewsBloots

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

Agreed. There were people at half time saying it was terrible. It was fine and we had three clear chances to score. We've been bad but you have to give credit too otherwise your criticism is meaningless in turn obviously.

...sometimes we'll play well and sometimes we'll play badly.

Sometimes we'll just be average.

It's always going to happen while we've got a squad that by its very nature is going to be inconsistent and lacking at times.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

I really don't get it on 10:49 - Nov 23 with 5491 viewsJohnny_Boy

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

I got called-out for being negative when I suggested it was a bit hoofy.
It was a bit hoofy. For every long raking diagonal pass that found Didz, there were 3 that were pumped into the Sheff Weds half to nobody.

Surely the conditions - the windiest I'd seen for a very long time - was not practical for that tactic.
I really don't get it on 10:50 - Nov 23 with 5474 viewsArcher4721

I really don't get it on 10:45 - Nov 23 by Johnny_Boy

It's really odd.

As I said.I don't get why we have to endure all this blubbing, all the time. no matter the way we've played every week.

Maybe you can enlighten us.
I really don't get it on 10:51 - Nov 23 with 5467 viewsBenters

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

Am i a 'usual suspect' you little C

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Or you could just realise that.... on 10:54 - Nov 23 with 5461 viewsBackToRussia

Or you could just realise that.... on 10:48 - Nov 23 by Bloots

...sometimes we'll play well and sometimes we'll play badly.

Sometimes we'll just be average.

It's always going to happen while we've got a squad that by its very nature is going to be inconsistent and lacking at times.

Well that's football. I don't think anyone needs telling that. We seemed to put in a lot more "good" performances than bad a few years ago. All any of us wants is a return to that level of intensity.

And by nature? Why? No one is suggesting we should be 9/10 every game, but to suggest also that its inevitable we're going to play as badly as we have is just as silly.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

I really don't get it on 10:57 - Nov 23 with 5436 viewsJohnny_Boy

I really don't get it on 10:50 - Nov 23 by Archer4721

As I said.I don't get why we have to endure all this blubbing, all the time. no matter the way we've played every week.

Maybe you can enlighten us.

By 'us', you mean you?

If we are tactically set-up to play like the Away team (whilst at home) - then gaining 1pt shouldn't be seen as such a disaster.
You must have misread my post..... on 10:57 - Nov 23 with 5431 viewsBloots

Or you could just realise that.... on 10:54 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

Well that's football. I don't think anyone needs telling that. We seemed to put in a lot more "good" performances than bad a few years ago. All any of us wants is a return to that level of intensity.

And by nature? Why? No one is suggesting we should be 9/10 every game, but to suggest also that its inevitable we're going to play as badly as we have is just as silly.

....the bit where I said "it's inevitable we are going to be inconsistent" should read "it's inevitable we are going to be inconsistent".

Rather than "it's inevitable we are going to play as badly as we have".

I really don't get it on 10:57 - Nov 23 with 5426 viewsKieran_Knows

I really don't get it on 10:51 - Nov 23 by Benters

Am i a 'usual suspect' you little C

I really don't get it on 10:59 - Nov 23 with 5421 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

I just find it funny when Sears was blamed.

How about Spence handling the ball?
How about Celina missing that diving header?
How about Didzy fluffing his shot with his left in the first half?
How about Garner and Ward going into the corner?

Et al.
I really don't get it on 10:59 - Nov 23 with 5418 viewsrickw

It'll take time for Ipswich to win back fans, we suffered 18 months of dull boring football, we'll need several entertaining games in a row (with some good results too) to tempt fans back and then a lot more of them before fans will trust MM again, however I suspect he'll be gone before that happens

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

You must have misread my post..... on 11:00 - Nov 23 with 5419 viewsBackToRussia

You must have misread my post..... on 10:57 - Nov 23 by Bloots

....the bit where I said "it's inevitable we are going to be inconsistent" should read "it's inevitable we are going to be inconsistent".

Rather than "it's inevitable we are going to play as badly as we have".

Right yes and your wider point was that we're just always going to have varying levels of performance, including our worst, because of the nature of our squad. I dispute that. I think with our squad we've been putting in performances that are unacceptable given its quality. Last night showed what we can do, and it was a world away from our worst.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

I really don't get it on 11:02 - Nov 23 with 5402 viewsbluewein

I really don't get it on 10:59 - Nov 23 by WickhamsLeftBoot

I just find it funny when Sears was blamed.

How about Spence handling the ball?
How about Celina missing that diving header?
How about Didzy fluffing his shot with his left in the first half?
How about Garner and Ward going into the corner?

Et al.

Wags not taking a touch when the ball fell to him at the end of the first half was the most criminal one for me.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

I really don't get it on 11:07 - Nov 23 with 5390 viewsJohnny_Boy

I really don't get it on 10:42 - Nov 23 by Archer4721

I don't think he's got much other options TBF.

Although, you could argue he's throwing caution to the wind because he knows he's off in the summer.

Who knows.

It's possibly to play 4-4-2 with that starting line-up. Unsure how effective that would be in a tactical HOOF situation, but isn't that the exact problem which the fans have issues with & with Mick in general?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 11:12]
I really don't get it on 11:31 - Nov 23 with 5337 viewsBenters

I really don't get it on 10:57 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I really don't get it on 11:36 - Nov 23 with 5316 viewsWD19

I really don't get it on 10:45 - Nov 23 by Johnny_Boy

It's really odd.

In fairness to Archer, he has been known to occasionally post on a topic other than ITFC supporters blubbing.
Understood, but this is where.... on 11:47 - Nov 23 with 5274 viewsBloots

You must have misread my post..... on 11:00 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

Right yes and your wider point was that we're just always going to have varying levels of performance, including our worst, because of the nature of our squad. I dispute that. I think with our squad we've been putting in performances that are unacceptable given its quality. Last night showed what we can do, and it was a world away from our worst.

....our views will differ.

Personally I don't think our squad has enough quality in depth to maintain the decent performances consistently.

I've said this before but naturally we, as fans, look at our players and think they are better than they are.

We shouldn't accept this fact, but while the current levels of investment are in place consistency is going to a real issue.

In my worthless opinion, obviously.

I really don't get it on 12:25 - Nov 23 with 5191 viewsHerbivore

I really don't get it on 10:57 - Nov 23 by Johnny_Boy

By 'us', you mean you?

If we are tactically set-up to play like the Away team (whilst at home) - then gaining 1pt shouldn't be seen as such a disaster.

Just because you keep repeating that we set up like the away team it doesn't make it so.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I really don't get it on 12:48 - Nov 23 with 5152 viewsKeaneish

When you say "decent football" its a point of conjecture. Watch back and count how many times we by-passed the midfield and went long to either tun their defence or get McG and Celina away in the channels. This is basic and a pretty out dated approach. We used to get taught this when playing on bobbly horrible pitches, not surfaces like that.

I commented in another thread that Kenlock had the opportunity to roll a 10 yard ball to Skuse i think it was in acres of space but he launched it, Garner pulled wide and the ball sailed down the middle, possession squandered. Not an isolated incident.

Granted this approach is 'exciting' in terms of possible goal scoring chances but decent and exciting football is a stretch. That said, i thought there were some really good individual perfomances last night. Stand-out being Connolly

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024