Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really don't get it 10:36 - Nov 23 with 7188 viewsArcher4721

All the blubbers on here wanted to see MM and ITFC play decent and exciting football and it wasn't all about the result for them. Well you got that last night.

So now when we draw the game with the last kick of the game it's now all about us not getting the result!

Some of our fans really need to get a grip.
I really don't get it on 12:52 - Nov 23 with 1655 viewsPJH

I really don't get it on 12:25 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Just because you keep repeating that we set up like the away team it doesn't make it so.

Mind you us averaging 1.76 goals per game as the away team is not too bad.
I really don't get it on 12:53 - Nov 23 with 1657 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think it's perfectly understandable for people to get mightily pissed off that after having played so well, and looking very comfortable in the second half, we gave away a cheap goal in the final minute of injury time.

We literally gave away 2 points in a split second when we switched off.

That isn't Mick's fault. It isn't being upset at the result of a game and demanding results before entertainment. It's being upset with the manner of the result.

What I really don't get is that win, lose or draw there will always be somebody like you from a particular polarised position, whether it be the Mick in or Mick out camp, who wants to call out other Town fans.

We could have gone into the weekend one point from the top six which would have been a massive confidence boost for both the team and the fans. Instead we are all feeling a little bit down.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I really don't get it on 12:57 - Nov 23 with 1646 viewsitfcjoe

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 by BackToRussia

Agreed. There were people at half time saying it was terrible. It was fine and we had three clear chances to score. We've been bad but you have to give credit too otherwise your criticism is meaningless in turn obviously.

I was baffled by people were saying how poor it was at half time - talking about loads of aimless punts etc.

We'd had (at least) 5 shots on target, including some good chances, a number of corners, and some really good positions whilst playing the game totally in their half.

Shows how entrenched some are

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I really don't get it on 13:56 - Nov 23 with 1609 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I really don't get it on 10:59 - Nov 23 by WickhamsLeftBoot

I just find it funny when Sears was blamed.

How about Spence handling the ball?
How about Celina missing that diving header?
How about Didzy fluffing his shot with his left in the first half?
How about Garner and Ward going into the corner?

Et al.

Not to scapegoat Sears, but most of those examples were chances to put us 1-0 up which we subsequently achieved anyway

There were 2 key moments for me which cost us the points:
- Sears failure to either score when put through or square it to Celina having gone too wide, which would have put us 2-0 up
- Sears giving the ball away carelessly leading to their counter for the equaliser (assisted by our entire team being too high up the pitch)

Spence giving away the penalty you can make a case for too, although that was rectified when we went ahead again. Garner and Ward going into the corner simply isn’t a valid reason we failed to get the points

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I really don't get it on 15:44 - Nov 23 with 1582 viewsSwn98

I really don't get it on 10:40 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

To be fair Archer, I haven't really seen all that much moaning to be honest. Yes, the usual suspects are out in force, but then again, I've seen 3/4 of the usual suspects also comment on how they thought that the football was decent last night.

The whole 'point scoring' between MM 'inners' & 'outers' is becoming quite boring to be honest (this isn't a dig at you, just on the whole). In my opinion, the football is better than last season, we're scoring goals, we're in and around the play-offs, lets just (try to) enjoy it, and see where we go from there, eh?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 10:41]

Agree wholeheartedly i've seen some dross and good games home and away and last night goes down as one of the best, unfortunately some folk don't really know what they want.
I really don't get it on 16:31 - Nov 23 with 1564 viewsKeaneish

I really don't get it on 15:44 - Nov 23 by Swn98

Agree wholeheartedly i've seen some dross and good games home and away and last night goes down as one of the best, unfortunately some folk don't really know what they want.

Or maybe they do and that wasn't up to scratch?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I really don't get it on 08:02 - Nov 24 with 1503 viewsbluehook

In truth Archer, you are the biggest blubber on here.
I suggest that it is you that needs to get a grip.
I really don't get it on 21:07 - Nov 24 with 1463 viewsbraveblue

Decent and attacking football!!!!!!!! Did you see the first half?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024