Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans 10:51 - Nov 23 with 6567 viewsLes57

I have just received a letter from itfc stating we are being kicked from our seats in cobbold upper to facilitate Leeds supporters in January (plus possibility of further games this season).
Once again no thought for the loyal supporters who have purchased season tickets being messed about to allow away fans the best view. The same old phrases of “safety” and “stopping away fans buying tickets in with home supporters” and “stopping locals who just want to go to a game if all ticket”. Well this just does not wash with me. If it was on safety grounds why put the Leeds supporters above the family area, where no doubt when we score, they will rain all sorts of crap down on them. Why not put them down in the lower cobbold and move the season tickets holders there to the upper stand?
Likewise what is to stop Leeds supporters turning up on the day and buying tickets in any other area of the ground? As for walk in fans of itfc, well most decide at least on the morning at latest if they want to go so can go to the ground and buy tickets before a cut off time of say 11:00. As I understood it we were only expected to move for FA cup matches if required, and then of course we have the choice to book tickets as we have not already paid for cup tickets unlike the league where itfc already have our money..
Typical itfc business plan. Upset the loyal supporters that pay their wages week in week out to facilitate a one off supporter for one game.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 11:10]
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 6523 viewsSteve_M

It would be better if they put, we want to milk the Leeds fans for as much as possible wouldn't it.

Where do you get moved to?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 10:59 - Nov 23 with 6515 viewsPhilTWTD

They mentioned this would be something which could happen for some games in the summer. Not ideal for the Town fans who have to move obviously, but I don't think there's anywhere else they can reasonably accommodate additional away fans.

Leeds game is always all-ticket so they wouldn't be able to buy tickets on the day and I think they do the same thing as Norwich where they only sell seats to those who have previously bought tickets over a set period.

Cobbold Stand Season Ticket Holders Face Move for Increased Away Allocations 6th Jul 2017 11:45
Town have written to season ticket holders in sections of the Cobbold Stand informing them that they could be required to move seats in order to facilitate an extension of the away section at some games during the campaign ahead. 18

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:04 - Nov 23 with 6489 viewsSitfcB

It'll probably be an all ticket game, meaning no tickets on the gate.

More revenue for ITFC. We can't fill the seats ourselves!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:13 - Nov 23 with 6467 viewsLes57

The letter does not mention games will be all ticket - in fact it states it would stop walk in fans of itfc from purchasing tickets. As for moving itfc fans we have to get in touch with the club and pick another seat. Otherwise they will auto allocate where they want!
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:35 - Nov 23 with 6409 viewsStenvict

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:13 - Nov 23 by Les57

The letter does not mention games will be all ticket - in fact it states it would stop walk in fans of itfc from purchasing tickets. As for moving itfc fans we have to get in touch with the club and pick another seat. Otherwise they will auto allocate where they want!

How long have you had a ST in the Cobbold?

This happened for Sheff Wed, Newcastle, Villa and Norwich last season and Norwich already this season.

It is frustrating as those of us being moved usually have the best view in the stadium, but I've accepted it now.

Poll: What will be announced first?

on 11:37 - Nov 23 with 6396 views_

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:40 - Nov 23 with 6381 viewsunbelievablue

Surely you knew this would happen when you bought your ST?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:50 - Nov 23 with 6358 viewsPrideOfTheEast

You must have been aware this was likely to happen when you bought your season ticket?

Finally, just so I'm clear, whose wages does your season ticket pay?!
Login to get fewer ads

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:07 - Nov 23 with 6310 viewsPJH

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:35 - Nov 23 by Stenvict

How long have you had a ST in the Cobbold?

This happened for Sheff Wed, Newcastle, Villa and Norwich last season and Norwich already this season.

It is frustrating as those of us being moved usually have the best view in the stadium, but I've accepted it now.

My seat is in Block B and this is the first time that I have had to move for a league game.
Not a moan, just a statement of fact.

I know that those Block E has had this problem before.

Now, where shall I move to for the Leeds game.....?
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:14 - Nov 23 with 6292 viewsKieran_Knows

on 11:37 - Nov 23 by _

I can't believe McGoldrick has had to wait until today to have surgery on his groin.....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:15 - Nov 23 with 6283 viewsPJH

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:14 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

I can't believe McGoldrick has had to wait until today to have surgery on his groin.....

If they had done the surgery at the start of halftime he could have played the second half surely?
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:24 - Nov 23 with 6256 viewsTannersSaturdaySesh

Stop crowing Les you old toad!

Real supporters shouldn't moan, they follow the town up or down. COYB
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:27 - Nov 23 with 6248 viewsStenvict

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:07 - Nov 23 by PJH

My seat is in Block B and this is the first time that I have had to move for a league game.
Not a moan, just a statement of fact.

I know that those Block E has had this problem before.

Now, where shall I move to for the Leeds game.....?

Oh dear. When this has happened, I've been moved to a seat in Block C. I guess I'll have to move stands.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:28 - Nov 23 with 6240 viewsKieran_Knows

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:15 - Nov 23 by PJH

If they had done the surgery at the start of halftime he could have played the second half surely?

Surgeon out.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:41 - Nov 23 with 6199 viewsPJH

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:27 - Nov 23 by Stenvict

Oh dear. When this has happened, I've been moved to a seat in Block C. I guess I'll have to move stands.

Letter says Leeds have got all of Cobbold Upper except A which will not be in use for safety reasons so yes, you will either have to move stands or become a Leeds supporter.
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 16:19 - Nov 23 with 5982 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It's nobody's fault but your own. Why buy your season ticket in a place that was obvious would involved you having to move when there's 12,000 empty seats every game?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 17:01 - Nov 23 with 5911 viewsBenters

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 16:19 - Nov 23 by The_Romford_Blue

It's nobody's fault but your own. Why buy your season ticket in a place that was obvious would involved you having to move when there's 12,000 empty seats every game?

People and their seats funny innit.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 18:44 - Nov 23 with 5790 viewsSwansea_Blue

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 12:28 - Nov 23 by Kieran_Knows

Surgeon out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 19:33 - Nov 23 with 5736 viewspickles110564

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 11:04 - Nov 23 by SitfcB

It'll probably be an all ticket game, meaning no tickets on the gate.

More revenue for ITFC. We can't fill the seats ourselves!

If we played good football and Mick was not in charge we would!
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 21:07 - Nov 23 with 5636 viewsTractorWood

Just sit in one of the other empty stands.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 15:22 - Nov 25 with 5433 viewsLes57

Just to put things straight.

1) fans in this part of the cobbold upper were not made aware before the start of the season we may be asked to move multiple times.
2) as I attend with others in my family (6) it is not easy to move and still stay together.
3) the lower cobbold stand fans (family area) will not be made aware of the away supporters being above them until they arrive at the ground. I seem to remember one of the last times I was moved out of this section (v West Ham) they had bottles etc rained down on them and they were not filled with their original contents!!
4) the letter states this is due to safety reasons - I would like them to explain these reasons as in my opinion it is bull.
5 ) why not close half of the cobbold top and bottom permanently for away fans. No one then needs to move at any time.
6) when it comes to organising and customer service then itfc is right up there with ryanair!!!!!

P.s. yes I am a whinging git. It comes with age.
Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 15:56 - Nov 25 with 5377 viewsTractorWood

Moving seats for cobbold stand fans on 15:22 - Nov 25 by Les57

Just to put things straight.

1) fans in this part of the cobbold upper were not made aware before the start of the season we may be asked to move multiple times.
2) as I attend with others in my family (6) it is not easy to move and still stay together.
3) the lower cobbold stand fans (family area) will not be made aware of the away supporters being above them until they arrive at the ground. I seem to remember one of the last times I was moved out of this section (v West Ham) they had bottles etc rained down on them and they were not filled with their original contents!!
4) the letter states this is due to safety reasons - I would like them to explain these reasons as in my opinion it is bull.
5 ) why not close half of the cobbold top and bottom permanently for away fans. No one then needs to move at any time.
6) when it comes to organising and customer service then itfc is right up there with ryanair!!!!!

P.s. yes I am a whinging git. It comes with age.

But you could just move free of charge to another empty stand though?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024