Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McG injury.... 11:49 - Nov 23 with 3425 viewsitfcjoe

Think it may be a blessing in disguise - we looked much more balanced between defence and attack in a 433 with Huws in a more advanced midfield role than we had with either Waggy or McG in there

Garner, Waggy and McG, and to an extent Celina have started to become a little bit undroppable, but hard to fit into a formation that isn't a bit gung ho - Huws in for McG on Saturday and I think we could look really good.

That equaliser was an absolute sucker punch, so undeserved - but i was really pleased with how we played and feels like we are going in the right direction.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

McG injury.... on 11:51 - Nov 23 with 3401 viewsKieran_Knows

I mentioned it earlier, but it looked to me last night when Huws was brought on that he went in and played the no.10 role behind Garner. Presume same formation with Huws at 10 and Celina and Waghorn either side of him behind Garner.

As you say, seems a bit more balanced and if needs be, Huws can drop back in to midfield to make a 3 alongside Skuse and Connolly (who were both excellent last night).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

McG injury.... on 11:51 - Nov 23 with 3391 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Agree. So much more balanced second half.
McG injury.... on 12:09 - Nov 23 with 3328 viewsTheBlueBarca

It defies belief that some people think we'd be better without a player has scored what 6 goals already this season, one of the reasons we're even in the top half still, for Huws who has been injured since coming here full time and has never done Didz role for us.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

McG injury.... on 12:11 - Nov 23 with 3312 viewsSteve_M

McG injury.... on 12:09 - Nov 23 by TheBlueBarca

It defies belief that some people think we'd be better without a player has scored what 6 goals already this season, one of the reasons we're even in the top half still, for Huws who has been injured since coming here full time and has never done Didz role for us.

Is it more or less surprising than your inability to read Joe's nuanced post properly?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

McG injury.... on 12:29 - Nov 23 with 3236 viewsLankHenners

It's been pretty clear that the inclusion of all four attacking players makes us unbalanced (it's the excellent performances of Knudsen which has seen this discussion focused on our right hand side), and, agree, they've all made it hard for Mick to drop them. It has seemed inevitable that it would be an injury that stops it.

If Huws is fit to start then he'd definitely add some more dynamism in midfield although we'd still have to put Waghorn out wide which we've seen can cause problems for Spence at RB. Reckon Mick might just straight swap Sears for McG to give natural pace out wide.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

McG injury.... on 12:32 - Nov 23 with 3224 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Ward would be the more obvious choice to replace McG if we are sticking with a similar system.
That way he can offer a little more cover to Spence and offer something going forward
McG injury.... on 15:06 - Nov 23 with 3038 viewsLuk38644

I like the system we started with last night IF the front four are going to be fluid, which they were, because it causes the opposition defence so many problems.

However, with McG out, like you say, I think Huws could fill in centrally for McG and would offer alot more balance and transition between defence and attack. It would probably mean Waghorn and Celina would have to stay wide though.
McG injury.... on 16:15 - Nov 23 with 2947 viewsipswich78

I highly suspect McG will be off in the summer - so as you say could be a blessing in disguise to see how we can play without him.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Login to get fewer ads

McG injury.... on 17:26 - Nov 23 with 2861 viewskizaitfc

We looked better second half because our right winger was playing with a four inch gash in his leg.

McGoldrick would have helped immensely when we were 1-0 and 2-1 up he keeps the ball, the rest of our players seem to panic and rush the ball forwards.

Anyone that thinks we are a better side with Mcgoldrick not in the team must not remember how poor we were when he was out for months the last few seasons.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

McG injury.... on 17:44 - Nov 23 with 2834 viewsPJH

It has been a bit of a juggling act trying to fit McG,Garner, Waghorn and Celina into a starting team and there was going to be an additional problem trying to get them plus Huws starting.
Although McG's injury cannot be seen as a good thing in any way, if Huws was going to come in then logically one of the attacking four would have to miss out so the injury is not the disaster that it might have been(except perhaps to Mr & Mrs McGoldrick).
McG injury.... on 18:21 - Nov 23 with 2779 viewsClausThomsen

Waghorn, Garner and Celina as the front 3 should work well, and we're always better with 3 in midfield imo.

To be fair, all of Mick's signings from the summer look really decent. Connolly in midfield could be a masterstroke.

We've lost 1 in 5 since Norwich - Villa and Derby away next so let's hope that the 433 clicks. Seems like a pretty open Championship as well this season (apart from Wolves possibly).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024