Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Video help for refs 19:12 - Nov 23 with 1624 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

I’m not a huge fan of video help for refs, but surely in the Didzy incident last night any help that could have been provided wouldn’t have impacted on the game? While he was getting treatment for nuts the ref could have wandered over to the fourth official, checked out the video footage and sent Loovens off before they removed the 1st testicle from didzy’s throat. No stoppage than what would have occurred anyway and the right punishment given.

Like I say, I don’t want the game to become stop start, and also ref mistakes gives football a bit of heart and soul but in instances like this where a ref can make a judgement on dangerous play I think it is needed.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 19:13]
Video help for refs on 19:15 - Nov 23 with 1611 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm a huge fan of it. Should have been bought in years ago. Especially as the stakes can be so high in some games.

Ruud van Nistelrooy gets pulled up for cheating, no pen given and who knows what could have been...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Video help for refs on 19:19 - Nov 23 with 1603 viewsRonFearonsHair

The video footage would potentially have been clearer than it may otherwise have been, due to the increased number of cameras from Sky. The majority of matches are only covered by a single camera in the stand. Are we willing to accept that matches shown live on Sky will be more accurately refereed than those that aren't? Is that fair on the teams that are shown less?
Video help for refs on 19:38 - Nov 23 with 1584 viewsRadlett_blue

Video help for refs on 19:19 - Nov 23 by RonFearonsHair

The video footage would potentially have been clearer than it may otherwise have been, due to the increased number of cameras from Sky. The majority of matches are only covered by a single camera in the stand. Are we willing to accept that matches shown live on Sky will be more accurately refereed than those that aren't? Is that fair on the teams that are shown less?

The trialling of replays is worth doing, but I think it's mainly been insignificant friendly games. The theory is that it is only used for goals, straight reds & penalties so Loovens tackle last night would not have been reviewed. If it is used like this & quickly, it might be a positive, but so many penalties & red cards these days are debatable, plus the many hairsbreadth offsides. I don't want football to become like rugby, where it seems every single decision is now referred upstairs.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Video help for refs on 20:34 - Nov 23 with 1553 viewsblue_oyster

As soon as you bring in technology, you undermine the referee and hand power to other forces, usually TV companies. And we know how good TV companies are for football, don't we.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Video help for refs on 20:37 - Nov 23 with 1545 viewsm14_blue

Video help for refs on 19:15 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

I'm a huge fan of it. Should have been bought in years ago. Especially as the stakes can be so high in some games.

Ruud van Nistelrooy gets pulled up for cheating, no pen given and who knows what could have been...

Why did you have to bring up that horse faced cockwomble?

I'm trying to have a nice Thursday night here...
Video help for refs on 20:38 - Nov 23 with 1544 viewsGarv

Why are you bothered about a decision that probably would have made it harder for us to win the game?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Video help for refs on 20:42 - Nov 23 with 1537 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Video help for refs on 20:38 - Nov 23 by Garv

Why are you bothered about a decision that probably would have made it harder for us to win the game?

Eh?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024