Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The knocking of Sears 20:40 - Nov 23 with 7239 viewsGarv

Are we ignoring the fact it was his (almost) inch perfect cross that set the second goal up last night?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The knocking of Sears on 20:43 - Nov 23 with 6406 viewsJ2BLUE

You don't get the way this works. All negative stuff he does is because he's crap. Any positive stuff is luck.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The knocking of Sears on 21:16 - Nov 23 with 6330 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps we should stop thinking of Sears as a striker per se. He is, in reality, more of a pacy (by our standards) winger/midfielder. I'd love to see him score again, but there's no point in putting him under pressure to do so. If he can break open defences and create opportunities, that's good enough. He's one of the very few Town players actually capable of running with the ball.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 21:23]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The knocking of Sears on 21:24 - Nov 23 with 6305 viewsblueislander

The knocking of Sears on 21:16 - Nov 23 by Guthrum

Perhaps we should stop thinking of Sears as a striker per se. He is, in reality, more of a pacy (by our standards) winger/midfielder. I'd love to see him score again, but there's no point in putting him under pressure to do so. If he can break open defences and create opportunities, that's good enough. He's one of the very few Town players actually capable of running with the ball.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2017 21:23]

He is the only one in the first team squad with genuine pace , not sure yet about Celina though. For that reason he can be useful in the latter stages of a game.
The knocking of Sears on 22:26 - Nov 23 with 6215 viewstextbackup

I don't think anyone forgets it, but let's have it right Huws still had work to do, so wasn't exactly inch perfect was it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The knocking of Sears on 22:40 - Nov 23 with 6179 viewsclive_baker

The knocking of Sears on 22:26 - Nov 23 by textbackup

I don't think anyone forgets it, but let's have it right Huws still had work to do, so wasn't exactly inch perfect was it.

Debatable whether Huws was even the intended target or if was an over hit ball to a Waghorn IMO.

Not to mention the fact he’s not being judged on 45 minutes last night. That’s just one of many examples where’s he’s been utterly sub standard. Only here can a player be consistently pants for 2 years and still defended to the hilt. He’s a league 2 footballer masquerading as a championship substitute. Quite simply put, he’s not good enough.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The knocking of Sears on 06:44 - Nov 24 with 6037 viewstextbackup

The knocking of Sears on 22:40 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Debatable whether Huws was even the intended target or if was an over hit ball to a Waghorn IMO.

Not to mention the fact he’s not being judged on 45 minutes last night. That’s just one of many examples where’s he’s been utterly sub standard. Only here can a player be consistently pants for 2 years and still defended to the hilt. He’s a league 2 footballer masquerading as a championship substitute. Quite simply put, he’s not good enough.

Yeah agree, and You could the excitement of a one on one die once we realised it was Sears. Could have shot early, didn't. Could have squared to Celina, didn't. Could have made keeper work, didn't. It stunk of the Sears that mick has created

The knocking of Sears on 09:23 - Nov 24 with 5917 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The knocking of Sears on 06:44 - Nov 24 by textbackup

Yeah agree, and You could the excitement of a one on one die once we realised it was Sears. Could have shot early, didn't. Could have squared to Celina, didn't. Could have made keeper work, didn't. It stunk of the Sears that mick has created

“...that Mick has created”

😂😂😂😂😂

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The knocking of Sears on 09:50 - Nov 24 with 5890 viewstextbackup

The knocking of Sears on 09:23 - Nov 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“...that Mick has created”

😂😂😂😂😂

You disagree? Fair enough. Personally think the season or two being stuck out wide has turned him from a confident striker into a really poor overal footballer. One man picked him there weekly.

Bet I'm not the only person to think MM has impacted his career negatively

Login to get fewer ads

The knocking of Sears on 09:53 - Nov 24 with 5886 viewschicoazul

"almost" ahahahahahah

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The knocking of Sears on 10:49 - Nov 24 with 5821 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

The knocking of Sears on 09:53 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

"almost" ahahahahahah

With McGoldrick out, we are likely to see Sears starting from now on till Jan. Please get behind him and support him.
The knocking of Sears on 10:52 - Nov 24 with 5809 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The knocking of Sears on 09:50 - Nov 24 by textbackup

You disagree? Fair enough. Personally think the season or two being stuck out wide has turned him from a confident striker into a really poor overal footballer. One man picked him there weekly.

Bet I'm not the only person to think MM has impacted his career negatively

I just want to know who was impacting his career negatively before he joined us, seeing as he’s consistently scored at a similar rate throughout his career?

The knocking of Sears on 10:57 - Nov 24 with 5800 viewschristiand

The knocking of Sears on 10:49 - Nov 24 by TonyHumesIpswich

With McGoldrick out, we are likely to see Sears starting from now on till Jan. Please get behind him and support him.

I think he'll do a good job in that wide role of the three behind Garner. Tracking back he'll do a better job than McGoldrick in that respect. A run of games is probably all he needs. I can't understand the negativity regarding his performance on Wednesday - personally, I thought he did reasonably well. I appreciate people are highlighting the missed opportunity when he went around Westwood and his involvement for their second equaliser, but there were a few Town players that were also culpable for that as well, but that seems casually forgotten.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 12:32]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The knocking of Sears on 11:32 - Nov 24 with 5765 viewsDubtractor

Come on, it was a decent cross but nothing more than you'd expect from a professional footballer.

It seems in some people's eyes it has become a thing of wonder.

As others have said, he just isn't really good enough. Incidentally, Mick deems to agree seeing how little he has played him this season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The knocking of Sears on 11:38 - Nov 24 with 5754 viewsHerbivore

I thought he did okay and him giving the ball away at the end is colouring everyone's perception of his overall performance. It was a bad error to give the ball away but it was an error compounded by about three more errors from others prior to the ball going in. He should've done better with the one on one and that's where his lack of confidence really showed. However, he was involved for both goals, teeing up Waghorn's chance that won the corner we scored from and then crossing to Huws for the second. His pace was a threat and helped us to stretch them and counter well. The two obvious mistakes from him are there for all to see but he did lots of good things too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The knocking of Sears on 11:47 - Nov 24 with 5737 viewschicoazul

Huws is back, Bishop is back, Adeyemi is nearly back. Connolly and Skuse playing well. Celina playing well. I doubt very very much we will see Sears start any time soon. Mick may go mad though I suppose.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The knocking of Sears on 11:59 - Nov 24 with 5719 viewsPJH

With Huws now available I do not think we will be seeing Sears starting but of course he should have our full support if he does play.
He is an ITFC player so no reason why he should not have everyone's support.
The knocking of Sears on 12:20 - Nov 24 with 5683 viewsHerbivore

The knocking of Sears on 11:59 - Nov 24 by PJH

With Huws now available I do not think we will be seeing Sears starting but of course he should have our full support if he does play.
He is an ITFC player so no reason why he should not have everyone's support.

Agree with this 100%. His confidence is low but he works hard and I feel he does offer us something with his pace and directness.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The knocking of Sears on 13:07 - Nov 24 with 5638 viewstextbackup

The knocking of Sears on 10:52 - Nov 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I just want to know who was impacting his career negatively before he joined us, seeing as he’s consistently scored at a similar rate throughout his career?

You don't remember the Sears we brought from Colchester then, or what he gave in 3/4 months up top?

The knocking of Sears on 13:13 - Nov 24 with 5626 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The knocking of Sears on 13:07 - Nov 24 by textbackup

You don't remember the Sears we brought from Colchester then, or what he gave in 3/4 months up top?

He was having a good season and continued to ride that good form when he joined us

Freddie Sears has scored more than 12 goals in a season once in his career. Mick hasn’t ruined some brilliant striker who was scoring for fun before joining us. An okay, lower league forward joined us in the middle of a purple in his career, and has since reverted to the mean of being an ok player

That’s why we could get him for a couple of hundred thousand
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 13:14]

The knocking of Sears on 21:05 - Nov 24 with 5527 viewsbraveblue

Striker that does not score. Simple chance but no left foot. Just had to roll it to Celina but did not look up. Gave ball away for late equaliser. Otherwise brilliant.
The knocking of Sears on 05:38 - Nov 25 with 5462 viewsVaughan8

He (almost) scored as well haha

The cross whoever it was for, didn't go to the intended target, unless the cross was to no1?
Huws still had a fair bit to do and then waghorn needed to get his head around it. Huws' cross which was the assist wasn't even "inch perfect".

He seems really low on confidence. That 1 on 1 should have been a goal, regardless of what side your glasses are tinted. A confident player like he was when he joined us would have scored that 9 times out of 10.
The knocking of Sears on 06:51 - Nov 25 with 5445 viewsbrogansnose

Nobody is booing or directing abuse at the lad. There is a lot of sympathy for a player who when he first came here was played ina strikers role and sticking balls in the net from all angles. That sympathy is there because he has played in whatever role that has been asked of him without moaning and has clearly given it his all. There is a general opinion that he is very low on confidence possibly from being played out of position and from missing some absolute sitters over the last season and a half. He could really do with a short loan somewhere because we all want that player back that we first got from Col U.
The knocking of Sears on 06:52 - Nov 25 with 5443 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The knocking of Sears on 06:51 - Nov 25 by brogansnose

Nobody is booing or directing abuse at the lad. There is a lot of sympathy for a player who when he first came here was played ina strikers role and sticking balls in the net from all angles. That sympathy is there because he has played in whatever role that has been asked of him without moaning and has clearly given it his all. There is a general opinion that he is very low on confidence possibly from being played out of position and from missing some absolute sitters over the last season and a half. He could really do with a short loan somewhere because we all want that player back that we first got from Col U.

This

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The knocking of Sears on 07:23 - Nov 25 with 5428 viewsBenters

The knocking of Sears on 06:52 - Nov 25 by The_Romford_Blue

This

That.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The knocking of Sears on 07:54 - Nov 25 with 5402 viewsartsbossbeard

The knocking of Sears on 20:43 - Nov 23 by J2BLUE

You don't get the way this works. All negative stuff he does is because he's crap. Any positive stuff is luck.

See also: MM and results.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024