Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
00:13 - Nov 24 with 8854 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:32 - Nov 24 with 5993 viewsStNeotsBlue

I consider myself fairly easy going and not overly paranoid but I can't understand people's rush to embrace the cashless society and on line finance stuff, in general it is worrying. Plus I enjoy talking to people.
on 00:38 - Nov 24 with 5986 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:32 - Nov 24 by StNeotsBlue

I consider myself fairly easy going and not overly paranoid but I can't understand people's rush to embrace the cashless society and on line finance stuff, in general it is worrying. Plus I enjoy talking to people.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:39 - Nov 24 with 5980 viewsSarge

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:32 - Nov 24 by StNeotsBlue

Online banking is for people that don't like waiting in lines for ages several times a week and people that don't want to have to go in town every time they want to move some money around. Cashless society I'm not as keen on.
Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:42 - Nov 24 with 5969 viewsJ2BLUE

I bought an echo a few days ago. Got it delivered today and I love it. I know it's listening to everything I say and probably recording it as well. My iPhone does the same thing. I know it can read my texts as well and it often gives me directions to where someone has suggested we go in a text. It has even worked out abbreviations; I assume by saving data and matching it to google maps to see where I end up. We're tracked everywhere. CCTV in the street, debit, credit and reward cards to see what we spend money on, phones which record and/or listen to everything, things like echos, etc etc. There's no opt out regardless of how much you might try. You can avoid internet banking and an echo. You probably can't avoid the internet, emails, CCTV and a mobile phone.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:46 - Nov 24 with 5952 viewsjeera

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:42 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

I bought an echo a few days ago. Got it delivered today and I love it. I know it's listening to everything I say and probably recording it as well. My iPhone does the same thing. I know it can read my texts as well and it often gives me directions to where someone has suggested we go in a text. It has even worked out abbreviations; I assume by saving data and matching it to google maps to see where I end up. We're tracked everywhere. CCTV in the street, debit, credit and reward cards to see what we spend money on, phones which record and/or listen to everything, things like echos, etc etc. There's no opt out regardless of how much you might try. You can avoid internet banking and an echo. You probably can't avoid the internet, emails, CCTV and a mobile phone.

"I know it's listening to everything I say "

Aw.

It's almost like company.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

on 00:48 - Nov 24 with 5951 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:42 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:51 - Nov 24 with 5934 viewsjeera

I was right there with you until the last 6 words.

on 00:52 - Nov 24 with 5924 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:51 - Nov 24 by jeera

I was right there with you until the last 6 words.

Login to get fewer ads

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:52 - Nov 24 with 5920 viewsJ2BLUE

on 00:48 - Nov 24 by _

I'm not cool with it. I just don't think there's any way to stop it and even if there was, way too many people would consider it too much effort.

Truly impaired.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:55 - Nov 24 with 5906 viewsjeera

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:52 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

I'm not cool with it. I just don't think there's any way to stop it and even if there was, way too many people would consider it too much effort.

I'm siding with the others because, if I'm honest, I don't really know what they are or what they do and I'm grateful to hear anecdotes of younger people who dislike them.

That way I can copy their responses when the subject comes up and use them as an excuse to not have one.

Whatever one is.

on 00:58 - Nov 24 with 5893 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:52 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 01:02 - Nov 24 with 5870 viewsJ2BLUE

on 00:58 - Nov 24 by _

With something like an echo that is a reasonable suggestion. You can't opt out of the internet or CCTV. I could opt out of internet banking and carrying a mobile phone but it would be a major pain in the arse and after the last 5 years my family has had I need the peace of mind of being contactable 24/7 so with those two i'm weighing up the pros and cons and deciding it's worth it.

Truly impaired.

on 01:09 - Nov 24 with 5851 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 01:02 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

With something like an echo that is a reasonable suggestion. You can't opt out of the internet or CCTV. I could opt out of internet banking and carrying a mobile phone but it would be a major pain in the arse and after the last 5 years my family has had I need the peace of mind of being contactable 24/7 so with those two i'm weighing up the pros and cons and deciding it's worth it.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 01:13 - Nov 24 with 5837 viewsJ2BLUE

on 01:09 - Nov 24 by _

I considered getting a very basic phone.

If you don't use Google you'd need to use Bing or similar if you want to search for anything?

Truly impaired.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 01:19 - Nov 24 with 5826 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 01:09 - Nov 24 by _

It's an interesting debate that's for sure.

What matters more though ain't it - knowing you aren't being watched by someone at google or an easy life?

The latter happens with google, iPhone, etc who save lots of time and effort.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 01:28 - Nov 24 with 5807 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 01:19 - Nov 24 by The_Romford_Blue

It's an interesting debate that's for sure.

What matters more though ain't it - knowing you aren't being watched by someone at google or an easy life?

The latter happens with google, iPhone, etc who save lots of time and effort.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:22 - Nov 24 with 5684 viewstcblue

Are tinfoil hats in the black Friday sale?

I have embraced technology in almost all forms of what you lot are worried about and think a cashless society will be pretty great, but I've never had any truck with Facebook, never had an account nor browsed the site. In fact my public internet footprint is almost non existent, I don't know why I drew that line, but I always have done. Came in handy for a previous job where such things would have made things complicated, so I doubt I'll ever change my mind.
Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:30 - Nov 24 with 5673 viewsBenters

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 00:46 - Nov 24 by jeera

"I know it's listening to everything I say "

Aw.

It's almost like company.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:54 - Nov 24 with 5639 viewsPendejo

on 00:38 - Nov 24 by _

Let me get this straight, you searched "boobs" on your own phone and were shocked to see your own photo of your wife... were you expecting to see Chesty Morgan?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 6:56]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:57 - Nov 24 with 5632 viewsBenters

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:54 - Nov 24 by Pendejo

Let me get this straight, you searched "boobs" on your own phone and were shocked to see your own photo of your wife... were you expecting to see Chesty Morgan?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 6:56]

I know what you get if you search wedding photos..

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:29 - Nov 24 with 5589 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Underneath the spreading chestnut tree I sold you and you sold me !"

......does any of the above make it ok ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:34 - Nov 24 with 5579 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Do families need one each to try to ensure they get their way over music choices etc or does one voice get to be boss ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:39 - Nov 24 with 5563 viewsGlasgowBlue

£100 off a sonos playbar which is a bit of a bastard as I bought one two weeks ago. GRRRRRRR

Edit. Beats Studionheadphones eighty quid off. Tempting. Maybe a few hints to the Mrs fir Crimbo.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 7:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:45 - Nov 24 with 5555 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:34 - Nov 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Do families need one each to try to ensure they get their way over music choices etc or does one voice get to be boss ?

You can use them as an intercom which is easier than hitting the ceiling with a broom to tell your teenage son to turn the bloody noise down.

Iron Lion Zion

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:51 - Nov 24 with 5544 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 00:38 - Nov 24 by _

I completely embrace all of this stuff and use it for everything from turning the heating up or down, turning the lights off and having access to more music than my lifespan will allow me to listen to. I think it’s great.

And I’m completely relaxed about it listening to my conversations at home. At worst it may target market me for stuff I like.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024