Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
00:13 - Nov 24 with 8862 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:30 - Nov 24 with 2830 viewschicoazul

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 01:02 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

With something like an echo that is a reasonable suggestion. You can't opt out of the internet or CCTV. I could opt out of internet banking and carrying a mobile phone but it would be a major pain in the arse and after the last 5 years my family has had I need the peace of mind of being contactable 24/7 so with those two i'm weighing up the pros and cons and deciding it's worth it.

I would love to opt out of the internet. I was much happier before I knew what people I don't like think about everything.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:31 - Nov 24 with 2830 viewsJ2BLUE

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:39 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

£100 off a sonos playbar which is a bit of a bastard as I bought one two weeks ago. GRRRRRRR

Edit. Beats Studionheadphones eighty quid off. Tempting. Maybe a few hints to the Mrs fir Crimbo.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 7:54]

No idea why people buy things in the weeks before Black Friday. I was amazed to see a pop up on Very on Wednesday saying 56 people had bought the Kindle Fire 7 in the last 48 hours at £49.99. Amazon reduce this to a minimum of £34.99 every year.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:35 - Nov 24 with 2828 viewsJ2BLUE

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:29 - Nov 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Underneath the spreading chestnut tree I sold you and you sold me !"

......does any of the above make it ok ?

No but as the world becomes more connected and technology advances we're going to see everything on the 'internet of things'. As GB says you can already control your lights and heating with Alexa. We are going to make more and more progress which sacrifices privacy. It will be a major trend as as admirable as trying to avoid it really is, it will become increasingly difficult.

Of course there are certain things which can be avoided. No one needs to put their lives on Facebook or Twitter etc.

Truly impaired.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:37 - Nov 24 with 2829 viewsReuser_is_God

Why isn't Black Friday just on the Friday anymore? It's all p1ssing week now.

More American tripe that we don't need in this country.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:40 - Nov 24 with 2824 viewsJ2BLUE

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:37 - Nov 24 by Reuser_is_God

Why isn't Black Friday just on the Friday anymore? It's all p1ssing week now.

More American tripe that we don't need in this country.

The country as a whole probably doesn't need it. For individuals it's brilliant if you use it wisely. I've targeted several things I need and got a great deal on all of them.

Truly impaired.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:41 - Nov 24 with 2820 viewsStokieBlue

on 00:38 - Nov 24 by _

Surely as someone who wants everyone to pay all the tax that they should a cashless society would be something you would embrace?

If all the transactions were done cashless and recorded in a cross-bank blockchain ledger (or a future, more scalable iteration of that technology) then every transaction would be traceable. Each person would have an address and the tax could be automatically calculated. It would also cut down on fraud and make accounting far easier.

I hardly ever use cash, I honestly don't see much of a point in it anymore - why maintain a load of metal and paper at a cost to the state? Eventually it will be cashless and for the better in my opinion.

I'm actually the opposite to you, having cash in my wallet doesn't make me spending it slower unfortunately. If you have an app like Monzo you can keep exact track of all your cashless payments in real-time with allocations for what you are spending money on that day/week/month making your spending totally transparent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:44 - Nov 24 with 2813 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:31 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

No idea why people buy things in the weeks before Black Friday. I was amazed to see a pop up on Very on Wednesday saying 56 people had bought the Kindle Fire 7 in the last 48 hours at £49.99. Amazon reduce this to a minimum of £34.99 every year.

Never even thought about it tbh. Got the sub as well which is fifty quid off. Annoying.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:46 - Nov 24 with 2809 viewsblue_oyster

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:41 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Surely as someone who wants everyone to pay all the tax that they should a cashless society would be something you would embrace?

If all the transactions were done cashless and recorded in a cross-bank blockchain ledger (or a future, more scalable iteration of that technology) then every transaction would be traceable. Each person would have an address and the tax could be automatically calculated. It would also cut down on fraud and make accounting far easier.

I hardly ever use cash, I honestly don't see much of a point in it anymore - why maintain a load of metal and paper at a cost to the state? Eventually it will be cashless and for the better in my opinion.

I'm actually the opposite to you, having cash in my wallet doesn't make me spending it slower unfortunately. If you have an app like Monzo you can keep exact track of all your cashless payments in real-time with allocations for what you are spending money on that day/week/month making your spending totally transparent.

SB

Every financial transaction is traceable now. But it's the desire to trace it that will always remain the issue. Blockchain will remove responsibility from the chain, and you will not know who is even involved. Unless you're the government.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:48 - Nov 24 with 2809 viewsPinewoodblue

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:41 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

SB

Why would anyone who wanted everyone to pay their taxes even consider buying from Amazon or Apple?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:49 - Nov 24 with 2802 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:45 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

You can use them as an intercom which is easier than hitting the ceiling with a broom to tell your teenage son to turn the bloody noise down.

.......or you could throw it at the ceiling !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:50 - Nov 24 with 2804 viewsStokieBlue

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:46 - Nov 24 by blue_oyster

Every financial transaction is traceable now. But it's the desire to trace it that will always remain the issue. Blockchain will remove responsibility from the chain, and you will not know who is even involved. Unless you're the government.

That's not true at all.

"Blockchain will remove responsibility from the chain" - this makes no sense

"and you will not know who is even involved." - this also makes no sense. Every address would be allocated to a person when you open an account, it wouldn't be anonymous.

SB

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:50 - Nov 24 with 2796 viewsStokieBlue

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:48 - Nov 24 by Pinewoodblue

Why would anyone who wanted everyone to pay their taxes even consider buying from Amazon or Apple?

Not really sure what that has to do with anything I posted about a possible future cashless society.

SB

Edit: I see you are referring to my first sentence and not the rest of the post. Do you think that buying it from some other retailer will mean all the tax is paid?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 8:53]

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:53 - Nov 24 with 2782 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:35 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

No but as the world becomes more connected and technology advances we're going to see everything on the 'internet of things'. As GB says you can already control your lights and heating with Alexa. We are going to make more and more progress which sacrifices privacy. It will be a major trend as as admirable as trying to avoid it really is, it will become increasingly difficult.

Of course there are certain things which can be avoided. No one needs to put their lives on Facebook or Twitter etc.

'You' can tell her how much fatter you are getting due to not turning things on and off and then she can tell you to get off your fat arse !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:55 - Nov 24 with 2775 viewsblue_oyster

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:50 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

That's not true at all.

"Blockchain will remove responsibility from the chain" - this makes no sense

"and you will not know who is even involved." - this also makes no sense. Every address would be allocated to a person when you open an account, it wouldn't be anonymous.

SB

Indeed, I look forward to receiving my payment from @MickeyMousesMum.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:56 - Nov 24 with 2768 viewsPendejo

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:57 - Nov 24 by Benters

I know what you get if you search wedding photos..

Which wedding? Am on 2nd marriage but have been married 3 times.

What do would I get if I search my wedding photos? Definitely weren't digital photography and we paid the dwarf well to keep his mouth shut.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:57 - Nov 24 with 2764 viewsStokieBlue

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 08:55 - Nov 24 by blue_oyster

Indeed, I look forward to receiving my payment from @MickeyMousesMum.

Did you even read what I posted? Do you open accounts now with the name @blue_oyster_super_troll?

So once again you are either trolling or being obtuse.

Don't really care which one, either one tends to fit with your MO.

SB

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 09:01 - Nov 24 with 2748 viewscaught-in-limbo

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:51 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

I completely embrace all of this stuff and use it for everything from turning the heating up or down, turning the lights off and having access to more music than my lifespan will allow me to listen to. I think it’s great.

And I’m completely relaxed about it listening to my conversations at home. At worst it may target market me for stuff I like.

You're happy with it because you trust and support the establishment. You generally support our government's foreign interventions because you trust that their reasons for intervention are honest and for the good of normal people in those countries, despite the fact that their lives are immediately endangered by our intervention. Google's ranking system algorithms effectively censors alternative viewpoints and opposing opinion so you are never likely to change your views because they are constantly being reinforced by whatever you read. The only opposing voices are people like mine, certain independent journalists and possibly members of the labour party. Your openness to the opinion of such voices is to join in with the media and label them all sympathisers for- or bots of foreign leaders your government doesn't like, or simply dangerous or mad. That makes you a very good citizen as you keep the echo chamber loud and vocal. Of course you embrace all this stuff - and this stuff embraces you too.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 09:05 - Nov 24 with 2732 viewsGeoffSentence

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 01:13 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

I considered getting a very basic phone.

If you don't use Google you'd need to use Bing or similar if you want to search for anything?

Duckduckgo is a viable alternative, it's a search engine that doesn't track you. I don't find its results are as good as google but you can use duckduckgo to proxy your search request to google by adding !g on the end of the search terms.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 09:07 - Nov 24 with 2729 viewsStokieBlue

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 09:01 - Nov 24 by caught-in-limbo

You're happy with it because you trust and support the establishment. You generally support our government's foreign interventions because you trust that their reasons for intervention are honest and for the good of normal people in those countries, despite the fact that their lives are immediately endangered by our intervention. Google's ranking system algorithms effectively censors alternative viewpoints and opposing opinion so you are never likely to change your views because they are constantly being reinforced by whatever you read. The only opposing voices are people like mine, certain independent journalists and possibly members of the labour party. Your openness to the opinion of such voices is to join in with the media and label them all sympathisers for- or bots of foreign leaders your government doesn't like, or simply dangerous or mad. That makes you a very good citizen as you keep the echo chamber loud and vocal. Of course you embrace all this stuff - and this stuff embraces you too.

"The only opposing voices are people like mine, certain independent journalists and possibly members of the labour party."

Independent journalists also have bias as do you. No idea why you've stuck the Labour party in there - most likely to poke GB.

Actually, I can't be bothered to get into this, you'll just say the stuff that you get in your echo-chamber.

Have a lovely day.

SB

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 09:34 - Nov 24 with 2688 viewsfactual_blue

on 00:48 - Nov 24 by _

Mate of mine had to put up with a loud conversation on a train of some bloke trying to harangue his HR department to find a way to sack a woman because, basically, he just didn't like her.

As my mate got off, he calmly said to the bloke (who'd finished his call) 'that was my sister you were talking about'.

(It wasn't, but the bloke's face was a picture).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 09:36 - Nov 24 with 2690 viewsfactual_blue

'Nothing to write home about unless you're after one of those devices that spy on you in your own home'

Amazon sell wives?????!!

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 09:43 - Nov 24 with 2678 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:54 - Nov 24 by Pendejo

Let me get this straight, you searched "boobs" on your own phone and were shocked to see your own photo of your wife... were you expecting to see Chesty Morgan?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 6:56]

on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 2674 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 06:57 - Nov 24 by Benters

I know what you get if you search wedding photos..

on 09:48 - Nov 24 with 2670 views_

Thought I'd have a browse at Black Friday deals on Amazon before bed... on 07:39 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

£100 off a sonos playbar which is a bit of a bastard as I bought one two weeks ago. GRRRRRRR

Edit. Beats Studionheadphones eighty quid off. Tempting. Maybe a few hints to the Mrs fir Crimbo.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 7:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024