Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top pettiness from the EU 08:11 - Nov 24 with 8354 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who are banning our cities from competing for European city of Culture.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:32 - Nov 24 with 1847 viewsBlueinBrum

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:14 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

When are Turkey joining the EU?

Dunno mate, but thanks to Vote Leave I know that they definitely are
Top pettiness from the EU on 09:32 - Nov 24 with 1841 viewsBOjK

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:14 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

Pedantic Europhile alert

I take that as a compliment.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:36 - Nov 24 with 1826 viewsBlueinBrum

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:25 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Juncker has said Turkey are not joining the EU any time soon. We haven’t concluded what our future relationship will be with the EU. May could blink first and do a Norway style deal.

Didn't stop this being exploited by the Brexit press and Vote Leave
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/622958/Turkey-75-million-people-EU-migration-A
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/679956/Outrage-Britain-UK-David-Cameron-allows

https://vice-images.vice.com/images/content-images/2016/05/31/turkey-eu-membersh
Top pettiness from the EU on 09:37 - Nov 24 with 1823 viewsMattinLondon

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:25 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed. Juncker has said Turkey are not joining the EU any time soon. We haven’t concluded what our future relationship will be with the EU. May could blink first and do a Norway style deal.

Well she should get her arse in gear and get on with it. Milton Keynes demands it.
Top pettiness from the EU on 09:38 - Nov 24 with 1815 viewsGlasgowBlue

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:32 - Nov 24 by BOjK

I take that as a compliment.

Which is odd considering before the election you were on the fence and felt that sovereignty would be a reason for you to vote to leave the EU.

And aren’t you the bloke who has been banging on about remaining in certain EU institutions after we have left?

I assume that we are no longer obligated to provide troops to the EU army after we have left?

Iron Lion Zion

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:41 - Nov 24 with 1797 viewschicoazul

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:19 - Nov 24 by MattinLondon

I thought that officially Turkey are still a candidate country for EU membership - hence why their cities are still eligible for this award.

Maybe the UK should only have been excluded when it had officially left the EU

Cyprus will never ever ever allow Turkey to join the EU.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:43 - Nov 24 with 1783 viewsMattinLondon

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:38 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

Which is odd considering before the election you were on the fence and felt that sovereignty would be a reason for you to vote to leave the EU.

And aren’t you the bloke who has been banging on about remaining in certain EU institutions after we have left?

I assume that we are no longer obligated to provide troops to the EU army after we have left?

There's no such thing as an EU army.

But even if there was would it be any different than British troops under UN or NATO jurisdiction.

Taking away the rights or wrongs of Brexit, it's really hard to be an Eurosceptic and not come across as a paranoid little Englander.
Top pettiness from the EU on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 1768 viewsGlasgowBlue

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:43 - Nov 24 by MattinLondon

But even if there was would it be any different than British troops under UN or NATO jurisdiction.

Taking away the rights or wrongs of Brexit, it's really hard to be an Eurosceptic and not come across as a paranoid little Englander.

Well done for showing your bigoted prejudice against people who hold a different view to you.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 1768 viewschicoazul

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:43 - Nov 24 by MattinLondon

Definitely coming though blud; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/emmanuel-emmanuel-macron-eu-army-

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:47 - Nov 24 with 1761 viewsGlasgowBlue

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:46 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

Definitely coming though blud; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/emmanuel-emmanuel-macron-eu-army-

And a leaked Whitehall document shows we are signed up to it after we leave the EU.

Iron Lion Zion

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:52 - Nov 24 with 1747 viewsblue_oyster

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:46 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

NATO is already the military wing of the EU, as demonstrated by the attacks on Kosovo and Ukraine. They might rename it, when they realise the Cold War ended in 1991.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:54 - Nov 24 with 1739 viewsMattinLondon

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:46 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

Well done for showing your bigoted prejudice against people who hold a different view to you.

I simply said that it's hard for a Eurosceptic not to come across as a paranoid little Englander.
Top pettiness from the EU on 09:55 - Nov 24 with 1731 viewschicoazul

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:52 - Nov 24 by blue_oyster

NATO is already the military wing of the EU, as demonstrated by the attacks on Kosovo and Ukraine. They might rename it, when they realise the Cold War ended in 1991.

NATO members; the US, Canada, Iceland, Turkey.

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:56 - Nov 24 with 1729 viewschicoazul

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:47 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

And a leaked Whitehall document shows we are signed up to it after we leave the EU.

Really? Got a link pls

Top pettiness from the EU on 10:15 - Nov 24 with 1687 viewsNo9

More like top pettiness from Glasgow Blue for bringing up what is no more than a procedure lots of other thing will have to go through.
Get used to it.
Top pettiness from the EU on 10:19 - Nov 24 with 1675 viewsNo9

Top pettiness from the EU on 08:28 - Nov 24 by GeoffSentence

The entry requirements for European City of Culture are that the city has to be from:

1. An EU member state
or
2. A member of the EEA
or
3. A country that is a candidate or potential candidate for EU membership

I am honestly surprised that anyone is surprised that UK cities would not be able to apply for selection after Brexit.

But those in the 'Leave' camp don't beleive any rules apply to them, they can do as they wish - now they are discovering they can't they are back to name calling and insulting
Top pettiness from the EU on 10:19 - Nov 24 with 1675 viewsGlasgowBlue

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:54 - Nov 24 by MattinLondon

I simply said that it's hard for a Eurosceptic not to come across as a paranoid little Englander.

And I said well done for showing your bigoted prejudice against people who hold a different opinion to you.

Perhaps you can explain how opening the U.K. to the rest of the world and embracing more skilled immigration from all around the world is being a little Englander.

I’d suggest keeping gpfreedom of movement, which is a closed shop to EU migrants, is being far more insular.

Iron Lion Zion

Top pettiness from the EU on 10:22 - Nov 24 with 1665 viewsGlasgowBlue

Top pettiness from the EU on 09:56 - Nov 24 by chicoazul

Really? Got a link pls

Not to hand. In transit.

CIL has linked it a few times I think.

Iron Lion Zion

Top pettiness from the EU on 10:34 - Nov 24 with 1650 viewsNo9

Top pettiness from the EU on 10:19 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

And I said well done for showing your bigoted prejudice against people who hold a different opinion to you.

Perhaps you can explain how opening the U.K. to the rest of the world and embracing more skilled immigration from all around the world is being a little Englander.

I’d suggest keeping gpfreedom of movement, which is a closed shop to EU migrants, is being far more insular.

"Perhaps you can explain how opening the U.K. to the rest of the world and embracing more skilled immigration from all around the world is being a little Englander."

Easy peasy = EU labour is more costly yhan the 'rest of the world'
You don't want skills you want cheapness a great contributor to the `uK's non competitive economy - for which we now have to pay a price
Top pettiness from the EU on 10:34 - Nov 24 with 1650 viewsMattinLondon

Top pettiness from the EU on 10:19 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

Yes I can explain that thank you very much
Top pettiness from the EU on 10:46 - Nov 24 with 1634 viewsNo9

Top pettiness from the EU on 08:41 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

They changed the rules just a few weeks ago even though several British cities had spent ratepayers money on their bids. I’d say that is petty.

Taking aside the fact that it is geographically impossible to remove us from the continent of Europe, Istanbul was granted European city of culture. Turkey is not in the EU. When the spectre of an undemocratic Turkey being a candidate to join the EU we were told that there was no realistic chance of them being allowed to join.

So it is petty.

"They changed the rules just a few weeks ago "

Can you provide evidence 'they changed the rules weeks ago'?

The Ankara agreement between Turkey & the EU was singed in 1963.
Turkey is in the EU customs union.

Turkey wants close relations with the EU the tories don't

& now parliament has voted to chuck out the EU Carter on Human rights we are even more removed
consequentially it isn't petty it is common sense
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024